No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

The plunge into freezing temperatures has begun! (thanks Canada )​

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Just please tell me that you all use "release the Kraken!" to introduce the team??
    I've never been to a game in person, so I don't know all the crazy fun they get up to over the PA in the arena (and I always seem to miss the beginning of games on TV--except for the Winter Classic and they didn't do it there), but I sure as heck yell out "Release the Kraken!"

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    ... more or less accurate.
    : ​CLEAR!! *shocks*
    <monitor showing flatline>
    : AGAIN! *shocks*
    (sadly): Carson, it's been down for 10 minutes now. Call it.
    : *sigh* Time of death, 12:02am. *turns off monitor*
    ​​

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
    We got a little snow this weekend. It has mostly been cold and windy.

I bought some hot chocolate today.
    Yum! It's definitely hot chocolate weather out here too.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

: ​CLEAR!! *shocks*
      <monitor showing flatline>
      : AGAIN! *shocks*
      (sadly): Carson, it's been down for 10 minutes now. Call it.
      : *sigh* Time of death, 12:02am. *turns off monitor*
      *notes that down for an Office Saga moment -- credit will be given*

Yours truly will be heading to Brussels on Monday, to the bank's main office, to get my log-in issues squared away. I'll be loosing an entire morning probably, travelling back and forth, for what will most likely be fixed in 10 minutes or so.

Did I listen to the oral arguments by the South African legal team at the International Criminal Court of Justice in The Hague around midday with one ear, and with the other ear followed a status meeting with a client?

I did.

Thank Goddess, they didn't ask me anything during the meeting cause I wasn't following along so well on my right side.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

It's windy and cold (11 degrees F!), and I am staying INSIDE with lots of hot tea. *shudders*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Still cold (15 F), wind is gone (thank goodness), and I'm still chugging the tea and soup.

Comment

We may get snow in the coming days... Chances are slim but keeping fingers crossed.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

We may get snow in the coming days... Chances are slim but keeping fingers crossed.
              There's a very very slim chance of snow on Tuesday...I'm sending you our snow vibes so we don't get it here and you have a better chance of getting it there.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  There's a very very slim chance of snow on Tuesday...I'm sending you our snow vibes so we don't get it here and you have a better chance of getting it there.
                  They have arrived!!

Obviously, just when I was on my back from Brussels where I spend 3 ******* long hours at the bank's IT service desk cause even they had no idea why my account was logged out so they had to, in their own words, "work their magic" which I interpreted as "we're going to hit it and see what happens".

Anywho, in the end and after much twidling of my thumbs, they let me go with a dinosaur of a laptop needing to update so they adviced me to keep it on for as long as possible (as long as it has electricity it can run, pal -- on battery, blink and it's gone) which I did when I finally got home around 4pm and it was all updated and done around 6pm.

By that time my brain had seen a glimpse of my mailbox and pretty much skeddadled out of my head. Got nothing else done of my work day so gave up.

Luckily the snowfall made it all better. Really big and fluffy snowflakes! MY FAVORITE KIND!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

They have arrived!!

Obviously, just when I was on my back from Brussels where I spend 3 ******* long hours at the bank's IT service desk cause even they had no idea why my account was logged out so they had to, in their own words, "work their magic" which I interpreted as "we're going to hit it and see what happens".

Anywho, in the end and after much twidling of my thumbs, they let me go with a dinosaur of a laptop needing to update so they adviced me to keep it on for as long as possible (as long as it has electricity it can run, pal -- on battery, blink and it's gone) which I did when I finally got home around 4pm and it was all updated and done around 6pm.

By that time my brain had seen a glimpse of my mailbox and pretty much skeddadled out of my head. Got nothing else done of my work day so gave up.

Luckily the snowfall made it all better. Really big and fluffy snowflakes! MY FAVORITE KIND!
                    Hooray! Glad everything worked out! And that the snow was awesome, too!

Unfortunately for me, it looks like some of the snow vibes stuck around here, because the forecast is showing snowy mix off and on starting late tonight through tomorrow evening. Argh, we were supposed to be going to the mainland tomorrow...looks like that's going to get postponed. Hopefully we can reschedule for next week which is looking much much better... *crosses fingers*

Comment

If we're lucky and the cloud makes it all the way to my part of the country, there will be an inch of snow in our future.

More down south of the country, but we don't live there. I'm so excited for tomorrow.
                      And yes, that also means I'll be majorly disappointed when no snow falls because the damn cloud decided to move elsewhere.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Annnnd....it's a snow day! Looks like we've got at least 3 inches on the ground, and it's supposed to keep coming down through the afternoon. Definitely a good thing we postponed the mainland trip.

If we're lucky and the cloud makes it all the way to my part of the country, there will be an inch of snow in our future.

More down south of the country, but we don't live there. I'm so excited for tomorrow.
                        And yes, that also means I'll be majorly disappointed when no snow falls because the damn cloud decided to move elsewhere.
                        Sending good snow vibes your way!

Comment

SNOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

And lots of it... well, when I say lots... I mean, like close to 10 centimeters which is about -- finds calculator -- almost 4 inches of snow.

It started around noon and it didn't stop until way past 7pm.

It doesn't feel solid enough for a snowman but I am planning on a snowangel tomorrow -- in the middle of my driveway.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

SNOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

And lots of it... well, when I say lots... I mean, like close to 10 centimeters which is about -- finds calculator -- almost 4 inches of snow.

It doesn't feel solid enough for a snowman but I am planning on a snowangel tomorrow -- in the middle of my driveway.
                            YAYYYYYY FOR SNOW!!!!!

Hmm, a snowangel sounds fun!

Comment

Hey, Who Knows, how are you feeling? Are you testing negative now?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Annnnd....it's a snow day! Looks like we've got at least 3 inches on the ground, and it's supposed to keep coming down through the afternoon. Definitely a good thing we postponed the mainland trip.
                              How much did you eventually end up getting? We're supposed to get some tomorrow, but it's just supposed to be a dusting. We'll see! And then we're going to have a bitterly cold weekend.

Perfect temps to stay home and watch the football divisional playoffs!

I'm going to make my predictions for the 4 games and we'll see if I'm right about any of them:

Texas vs. Ravens - I pick Ravens
                              Packers vs. 49ers - I pick 49ers
                              Buccaneers vs. Lions - I pick Lions
                              Chiefs vs. Bills - I pick Chiefs (this is the only one I'm hesitant to call... the teams seem evenly matched to me)

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                              SNOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

So glad you got some decent snow! Love the snowman and snow angel!!​

Comment

Hey, Who Knows, how are you feeling? Are you testing negative now?
                                Yes, I tested negative last week, and took another test yesterday to be sure.

I did not get really sick or anything. It was just like a bad head cold with a sore throat.

Either the 6 jabs I has already had, or just dumb luck.

To quote me. "Who Knows" Mmo9zFu.gif
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X