No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      YAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Glad to hear you dodged the plague! And very good idea about staying away from the bro & SIL. If you're going to be meeting with anyone else from your family over the holidays, you might want to check and make sure they haven't been in contact either. Stay safe! *hugs you*
      I hear you. They both are now testing negative and feel better. I was supposed to do some cookie baking with my SIL tomorrow morning, but they've been without power since 10am (it's currently 8pm). We'll see if they have power or not. My SIL texted me that they are estimated to have power back by 10pm. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I saw the same outage map, and it's 10pm TOMORROW.

Usually it's me who loses power. Thank goodness I didn't! Wicked wind and rain came through.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        I hear you. They both are now testing negative and feel better. I was supposed to do some cookie baking with my SIL tomorrow morning, but they've been without power since 10am (it's currently 8pm). We'll see if they have power or not. My SIL texted me that they are estimated to have power back by 10pm. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I saw the same outage map, and it's 10pm TOMORROW.

Usually it's me who loses power. Thank goodness I didn't! Wicked wind and rain came through.
        I saw those storm reports and wondered how you were doing. Yay for no power outage! And hey, at least the outage at your SIL's will give them both a little more time to recover.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and Happy Solstice!

Comment

Social battery is being put to the test this week...

Drink on Tuesday at the office space.
              Team event yesterday --> VR gaming (<- this was so much fun!) and dinner in a really loud restaurant and the food sucked.
              Rope-skipping training today and tomorrow it's a lunch date with ex-coworkers-turned-friends.

Luckily, I have the afternoon off so don't have to rush anything, and then I have the weekend plus Monday and Tuesday off.

I'm going to be drained.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Happy Solstice!!

I saw those storm reports and wondered how you were doing. Yay for no power outage! And hey, at least the outage at your SIL's will give them both a little more time to recover.
                They finally got their power back at 4am the following morning. Thankfully they have that generator, so they kept the power on the refrigerator and freezer. I remember all too well the pain of having to empty both of those when we lost power for 3 days. My aunt had just bought a ton of meat that was on sale. As I was tossing it all in the trash, I could hear a cash register in my head going cha-ching, cha-ching!

Cookies came out wonderful!! Yummy in my tummy!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus

Team event yesterday --> VR gaming (<- this was so much fun!) and dinner in a really loud restaurant and the food sucked.
                Rope-skipping training today and tomorrow it's a lunch date with ex-coworkers-turned-friends.

Luckily, I have the afternoon off so don't have to rush anything, and then I have the weekend plus Monday and Tuesday off.

I'm going to be drained.
                I feel drained just reading that!! What kind of food was it? I hate loud restaurants!!

My social drain is Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Way too many events.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I'm going to be drained.
                  Drained is right! At least the gaming was fun; sorry the food sucked and the restaurant was loud (I hate when that happens!). May that extended weekend arrive fast and then slow down for a nice long ride!

They finally got their power back at 4am the following morning. Thankfully they have that generator, so they kept the power on the refrigerator and freezer. I remember all too well the pain of having to empty both of those when we lost power for 3 days. My aunt had just bought a ton of meat that was on sale. As I was tossing it all in the trash, I could hear a cash register in my head going cha-ching, cha-ching!
                  That sucks! Good that they've got a generator now; so glad we've got ours, it's a food saver for sure!

Cookies came out wonderful!! Yummy in my tummy!!
                  Sounds yummy indeed!

Comment

Merry Christmas Eve Eve.

I did some last minute errands this morning. I went out yesterday at 10:30 and everywhere was mobbed and the roads were crazy. So this morning I went out at 8. Much, much better.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday and Merry Christmas Weekend!

Merry Christmas Eve Eve.

I did some last minute errands this morning. I went out yesterday at 10:30 and everywhere was mobbed and the roads were crazy. So this morning I went out at 8. Much, much better.
                      LOL yep, that's exactly what I experienced yesterday and today. Did the grocery shopping yesterday, it was a mob scene. Had to go back this morning for a couple of things we missed, and we got to park right up in front near the door, the lot was so empty.

Comment

Happy Solstice!
                        Io Saturnalia!
                        Merry Christmas!

----

The food at the restaurant was vol-au-vent which is typically made by cutting two circles in rolled out puff pastry, cutting a hole in one of them, then stacking the ring-shaped piece on top of the disc-shaped piece. The pastry is cooked, then filled with any of a variety of savory or sweet fillings. Its origine is French but in Belgium it's​ a common main dish that can be found on the menus of most restaurants, and is nearly always filled with a combination of chicken, mushrooms, and small meatballs, served with either mashed potatoes or fries.​

However, in the case of my plate on wednesday, there were no meatballs to speak off, exactly 2 mushrooms (which I don't like but there should have been more), and the chicken was just thrown in with the sauce. The pastry itself tasted like it had been lying in the back of the cupboard for far too long.

Bleh!

Yesterday's dish was a whole lot better. Crock & Roll Hawaii -- it was basically a toased sandwich rolled up, with cheese and ham, and a piece of pine-apple on top covered in melted cheese. Salad on the side. (for reference, the Croque Hawaii)

Also, we exchanged gifts and I got home-baked cookies, home-made jam (strawberry/cranberry), a new The Mandalorian themed pen, a Python-themed notepad (programming language, not the snake), a curse words themed coloring book for adults and a Doctor Who themed doormat which Faro has claimed as his today (Finn never stood a chance).
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It's Christmas Eve. Today I go to church with my brother and SIL, then over to their house for an hors d'oeuvres feast with a whole slew of family. This year I'm going to make sure I have my car so that I can leave whenever I want to. (Last year I was stuck there for far too long, and my back paid the price the next day.)

LOL yep, that's exactly what I experienced yesterday and today. Did the grocery shopping yesterday, it was a mob scene. Had to go back this morning for a couple of things we missed, and we got to park right up in front near the door, the lot was so empty.
                          Yeah, I think everyone took Friday off in order to get stuff done.

The food at the restaurant was vol-au-vent which is typically made by cutting two circles in rolled out puff pastry, cutting a hole in one of them, then stacking the ring-shaped piece on top of the disc-shaped piece. The pastry is cooked, then filled with any of a variety of savory or sweet fillings. Its origine is French but in Belgium it's​ a common main dish that can be found on the menus of most restaurants, and is nearly always filled with a combination of chicken, mushrooms, and small meatballs, served with either mashed potatoes or fries.​

However, in the case of my plate on wednesday, there were no meatballs to speak off, exactly 2 mushrooms (which I don't like but there should have been more), and the chicken was just thrown in with the sauce. The pastry itself tasted like it had been lying in the back of the cupboard for far too long.

Bleh!
                          Eeew.

Yesterday's dish was a whole lot better. Crock & Roll Hawaii -- it was basically a toased sandwich rolled up, with cheese and ham, and a piece of pine-apple on top covered in melted cheese. Salad on the side. (for reference, the Croque Hawaii)
                          That sounds much better!!

Also, we exchanged gifts and I got home-baked cookies, home-made jam (strawberry/cranberry), a new The Mandalorian themed pen, a Python-themed notepad (programming language, not the snake), a curse words themed coloring book for adults and a Doctor Who themed doormat which Faro has claimed as his today (Finn never stood a chance).
                          What a nice haul!!

And to Faro quickly claiming the doormat!

Comment

Well 'tis 5 minutes to Christmas day here now, and I think I hear a noise on the roof, so I better go to bed.

AVuk4JX.jpg

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.
                            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Yeah, you don't want to end up on the naughty list and get coal!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!!

Bleh!
                                Bleh, indeed! In theory, vol-au-vent is very nice, but it all depends on the execution. Sounds like these guys crashed and burned on that one. Bummer!

Yum! Add some Hawaiian-style macaroni salad, and it's chow time!

Sweet gift haul! And go Faro!

It's Christmas Eve. Today I go to church with my brother and SIL, then over to their house for an hors d'oeuvres feast with a whole slew of family. This year I'm going to make sure I have my car so that I can leave whenever I want to. (Last year I was stuck there for far too long, and my back paid the price the next day.)
                                Good call. Always have your exit strategy planned ahead of time.

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                                Well 'tis 5 minutes to Christmas day here now, and I think I hear a noise on the roof, so I better go to bed.
                                Have a good night's sleep and hope you left out some cookies for Santa!

Comment

Working...
                                X