Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    They pulled the threat-level down to 3 today and then the airport in Ostend (near the coast) got a bomb-threat apparently. It was a false alarm so that's gonna be a costly prank when they found out who made the call.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

    Comment


      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      They pulled the threat-level down to 3 today and then the airport in Ostend (near the coast) got a bomb-threat apparently. It was a false alarm so that's gonna be a costly prank when they found out who made the call.
      I hope they find out who called in the false alarm and punish them. That's just wrong.

      Comment


        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        They pulled the threat-level down to 3 today and then the airport in Ostend (near the coast) got a bomb-threat apparently. It was a false alarm so that's gonna be a costly prank when they found out who made the call.
        Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        I hope they find out who called in the false alarm and punish them. That's just wrong.
        Agreed. Some people have a very sick sense of humor.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

        Comment


          And another bomb-threat today in a school... Police figured it was a prank but they have to evacuate and search the building. I know the school. Drive past when I visit my best friend. Some dumb kid is going to find out soon that there are things one does not joke about.

          ****

          Anywho... woke up this morning with a sore throat and a runny nose. I'm currently my very own, personal stove. This couldn't have come at a worse timing. FACTS convention this weekend and I'm looking forward to adding Stephen Amell's (Arrow), Mark Williams' (Harry Potter) and Kevin McNally's (Pirates of the Caribbean & Doctor Who Flux) autographs to the collection.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

          Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

          Comment


            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            And another bomb-threat today in a school... Police figured it was a prank but they have to evacuate and search the building. I know the school. Drive past when I visit my best friend. Some dumb kid is going to find out soon that there are things one does not joke about.
            Ugh, what is with these losers?

            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Anywho... woke up this morning with a sore throat and a runny nose. I'm currently my very own, personal stove. This couldn't have come at a worse timing. FACTS convention this weekend and I'm looking forward to adding Stephen Amell's (Arrow), Mark Williams' (Harry Potter) and Kevin McNally's (Pirates of the Caribbean & Doctor Who Flux) autographs to the collection.
            Oh no! Go away, icky sickness, we don't have time for you! Hope you're feeling better very very quickly so you can enjoy the con! *sends hot tea with ginger and honey*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

            Comment


              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

              Comment


                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

                Here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was a mostly bad week as USC fell to Utah 34-32, Tennessee fell to Alabama 34-20, and Rhode Island fell to UAlbany 35-10. Meanwhile, in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Air Force beat Navy 17-6! This morning's PT run is gonna be EPIC.

                On to next week!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                Comment


                  Falcons sank the Navy.

                  Anywho, I still have a horrible cold but got a nasal spray (even though I utterly hate sticking stuff up my nose) and I did a precautionary covid-test this morning (negative)... therefore I was able to go to FACTS in Ghent today. Got my 3 autographs and some extra loot. All in all a good day.

                  Chris Judge cancelled due to illness (I already have his autograph) so I spotted a few Stargate cosplayers, among them one Jaffa.

                  And yesterday, a lad was spotted waiting on a ride in a smaller village in full military gear. From what I could tell from the grainy photo some concerned citizen had taken, he was wearing an Umbrella Company cosplay (I think that's from the Resident Evil movies). The concerned citizens called the police on him, saying he looked really calm and was picked up by a white van.

                  The police was aware it was FACTS this weekend, and FACTS itself had warned people about Belgian's threat-level and of the events from the past few days so there would be extra security and scrutiny. The police asked the man to identify himself, but it was his dad who called them to tell them that yes it was in fact just a young lad going to FACTS for the day. The police told him to tell his son that when he got home they expected a phonecall and a visit so they could have a stern talking about how appearances like that are not done.

                  He's not going to forget his FACTS 2023 visit any time soon.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                  Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                    Here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was a mostly bad week as USC fell to Utah 34-32, Tennessee fell to Alabama 34-20, and Rhode Island fell to UAlbany 35-10. Meanwhile, in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Air Force beat Navy 17-6! This morning's PT run is gonna be EPIC.

                    On to next week!
                    Boooo!! Sorry about USC. In pro-news, the Patriots somehow beat the Bills, and the backup QB led Raiders lost to the 1-5 backup QB led Bears. I read an article where it said that there was lots of talk afterwards about getting rid of the Raiders' head coach of the past one and a half seasons. Couldn't happen soon enough for me. The team has been on a downward spiral ever since he took over. They made the playoffs before he was hired. Now they are circling the drain.

                    Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Falcons sank the Navy.

                    Anywho, I still have a horrible cold but got a nasal spray (even though I utterly hate sticking stuff up my nose) and I did a precautionary covid-test this morning (negative)... therefore I was able to go to FACTS in Ghent today. Got my 3 autographs and some extra loot. All in all a good day.

                    Chris Judge cancelled due to illness (I already have his autograph) so I spotted a few Stargate cosplayers, among them one Jaffa.

                    And yesterday, a lad was spotted waiting on a ride in a smaller village in full military gear. From what I could tell from the grainy photo some concerned citizen had taken, he was wearing an Umbrella Company cosplay (I think that's from the Resident Evil movies). The concerned citizens called the police on him, saying he looked really calm and was picked up by a white van.

                    The police was aware it was FACTS this weekend, and FACTS itself had warned people about Belgian's threat-level and of the events from the past few days so there would be extra security and scrutiny. The police asked the man to identify himself, but it was his dad who called them to tell them that yes it was in fact just a young lad going to FACTS for the day. The police told him to tell his son that when he got home they expected a phonecall and a visit so they could have a stern talking about how appearances like that are not done.

                    He's not going to forget his FACTS 2023 visit any time soon.
                    It's all about timing. The young man should have realized this was NOT the time for such an outfit.

                    I hope you feel better soon!!

                    Comment


                      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

                      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      Boooo!! Sorry about USC. In pro-news, the Patriots somehow beat the Bills, and the backup QB led Raiders lost to the 1-5 backup QB led Bears. I read an article where it said that there was lots of talk afterwards about getting rid of the Raiders' head coach of the past one and a half seasons. Couldn't happen soon enough for me. The team has been on a downward spiral ever since he took over. They made the playoffs before he was hired. Now they are circling the drain.


                      Ack! Great news about the Patriots, sorry about the Raiders. *hugs*

                      Ugh, the naysayers are already screaming for Lincoln Riley's head. I'm like, guys, this is only the second season, he did have losses when he was at Oklahoma too, and this was Utah, which kicked our @$$es TWICE last year, so really, STFU and give the man a chance. Despite what they think, a national championship does not happen at the flip of a switch.

                      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Falcons sank the Navy.
                      I can just picture that dive bombing run now...


                      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Anywho, I still have a horrible cold but got a nasal spray (even though I utterly hate sticking stuff up my nose) and I did a precautionary covid-test this morning (negative)... therefore I was able to go to FACTS in Ghent today. Got my 3 autographs and some extra loot. All in all a good day.

                      Chris Judge cancelled due to illness (I already have his autograph) so I spotted a few Stargate cosplayers, among them one Jaffa.
                      Yay! Glad you got to go, and that you had a great time! Hope you're feeling better soon!

                      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      And yesterday, a lad was spotted waiting on a ride in a smaller village in full military gear. From what I could tell from the grainy photo some concerned citizen had taken, he was wearing an Umbrella Company cosplay (I think that's from the Resident Evil movies). The concerned citizens called the police on him, saying he looked really calm and was picked up by a white van.

                      The police was aware it was FACTS this weekend, and FACTS itself had warned people about Belgian's threat-level and of the events from the past few days so there would be extra security and scrutiny. The police asked the man to identify himself, but it was his dad who called them to tell them that yes it was in fact just a young lad going to FACTS for the day. The police told him to tell his son that when he got home they expected a phonecall and a visit so they could have a stern talking about how appearances like that are not done.

                      He's not going to forget his FACTS 2023 visit any time soon.
                      Whoops! Yeah, that kid was not thinking. At all.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                      Comment


                        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                        Comment


                          Can I just say that brushing one's teeth when one's nose is completely clogged up is a very interesting experience to say the least.... cause trying to breath through a soapy mouth and then not breathing when brushing. It's rather hilarious.

                          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          It's all about timing. The young man should have realized this was NOT the time for such an outfit.
                          It was a minor so his parents are at fault as well here. Anywho, think it all turned out fine. Haven't heard anything more from it.

                          And we are already planning our next comic con event two weeks from now. In a turn of events we weren't originally going to be home for it but now that we moved our holiday to the week after the weekend, we suddenly do have time to go... and they announced Christina Chong (La'an Noonien Singh from Star Trek Strange New Worlds) and Diana Lee Inosanto (from Ahsoka). Also attending is RDA but already have his autograph, Robert Patrick ... and there are others --> Brussels Comic Con.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                          Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Ack! Great news about the Patriots, sorry about the Raiders. *hugs*

                            Ugh, the naysayers are already screaming for Lincoln Riley's head. I'm like, guys, this is only the second season, he did have losses when he was at Oklahoma too, and this was Utah, which kicked our @$$es TWICE last year, so really, STFU and give the man a chance. Despite what they think, a national championship does not happen at the flip of a switch.

                            This is very true. You can't expect a miracle in 2 seasons. On the other hand (like with the Raiders), going from a decent standing to a bottom standing in 2 seasons is not good either. But like you're saying, even the best teams lose sometimes.


                            Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                            Can I just say that brushing one's teeth when one's nose is completely clogged up is a very interesting experience to say the least.... cause trying to breath through a soapy mouth and then not breathing when brushing. It's rather hilarious.
                            Oh dear.

                            Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                            It was a minor so his parents are at fault as well here. Anywho, think it all turned out fine. Haven't heard anything more from it.

                            And we are already planning our next comic con event two weeks from now. In a turn of events we weren't originally going to be home for it but now that we moved our holiday to the week after the weekend, we suddenly do have time to go... and they announced Christina Chong (La'an Noonien Singh from Star Trek Strange New Worlds) and Diana Lee Inosanto (from Ahsoka). Also attending is RDA but already have his autograph, Robert Patrick ... and there are others --> Brussels Comic Con.​
                            Sounds like fun!! Christina Chong was also in one of my favorite Doctor Who episodes.

                            Comment


                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

                              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Can I just say that brushing one's teeth when one's nose is completely clogged up is a very interesting experience to say the least.... cause trying to breath through a soapy mouth and then not breathing when brushing. It's rather hilarious.
                              Oh my!

                              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              It was a minor so his parents are at fault as well here. Anywho, think it all turned out fine. Haven't heard anything more from it.

                              And we are already planning our next comic con event two weeks from now. In a turn of events we weren't originally going to be home for it but now that we moved our holiday to the week after the weekend, we suddenly do have time to go... and they announced Christina Chong (La'an Noonien Singh from Star Trek Strange New Worlds) and Diana Lee Inosanto (from Ahsoka). Also attending is RDA but already have his autograph, Robert Patrick ... and there are others --> Brussels Comic Con.
                              Wow! Isn't it great when things just fall into place so perfectly? Have fun!

                              Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              This is very true. You can't expect a miracle in 2 seasons. On the other hand (like with the Raiders), going from a decent standing to a bottom standing in 2 seasons is not good either. But like you're saying, even the best teams lose sometimes.
                              Exactly.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                Sounds like fun!! Christina Chong was also in one of my favorite Doctor Who episodes.
                                Wait what?!?

                                A Good Man Goes To War -- had to look that up. I didn't know that. Maybe I should watch that episode again. See if I can spot her.

                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                                Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X