No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched Critical Mass and it's hilarious how everyone pronounces Goa'uld differently. Joe just says Gould. Torri and Jason say every syllable.

I haven't watched a ton of SG-1 (just the Vala episodes, and a smattering of others). Do they all pronounce it differently?

ps. I'm still trying to schedule a vaccine. Rhode Island is so far behind other states. Grrrrr.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I just watched Critical Mass and it's hilarious how everyone pronounces Goa'uld differently. Joe just says Gould. Torri and Jason say every syllable.

I haven't watched a ton of SG-1 (just the Vala episodes, and a smattering of others). Do they all pronounce it differently?
      Heh, I wonder if it's a running gag to see how many ways people can pronounce Goa'uld.

ps. I'm still trying to schedule a vaccine. Rhode Island is so far behind other states. Grrrrr.
      I think most states are behind where they ought to be. Our county is certainly way behind; repeatedly not getting all the doses we've requested isn't helping.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        I think most states are behind where they ought to be. Our county is certainly way behind; repeatedly not getting all the doses we've requested isn't helping.
        Belgium: "Hold our beer!"

I expect my vaccination to happen around this time next year -- yes, 2022.

9% of our adult population has been vaccinated -- approx. translated to 500,000 people, which includes most medical personnel working with Covid-patients, elderly carefacility personnel incl. volunteers, front-line law enforcement and firemen, and those who are volunteering to work at the vaccination centers.

Of those, approx. half have received their 2nd shot...

Reference of population: there's a total of 11 million people - about 8 million are elligible for vaccination. (give or take)
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

9% of our adult population has been vaccinated -- approx. translated to 500,000 people, which includes most medical personnel working with Covid-patients, elderly carefacility personnel incl. volunteers, front-line law enforcement and firemen, and those who are volunteering to work at the vaccination centers.

Reference of population: there's a total of 11 million people - about 8 million are elligible for vaccination. (give or take)
          Oh geeze, that's not good...
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I just watched this again recently as well! One of my favorite shep/weir screen snags is from that epp. That is funny, I feel like I’ve noticed that before with other words, but Goa’uld is a prominent example. Teal’c always enunciated every syllable. Gosh, I miss hearing his voice. And hearing him throw out random bits of pop culture, like mentioning Darth Vader. Wait-I’m wandering way off topic now, lol. I so miss those Friday nights with SG1, SGA and BSC.

Good luck with the COVID wait list. I used the find a vaccine site but ended up booking mine directly at the local Walmart pharmacy of all places.

FH, so surprised to see those numbers. Hopefully Belgium will catch a break and get additional supply.

ohhh...also, i rewatched Timeless episode 1. So different seeing Flynn’s character this go round. (Nice muscled arm shot in epp 1 too!!!)

Comment

Okay I take back what I said. I don't know why, but I thought Europe was fairing better than we were. Must depend on the individual countries? I hope they pick up the pace!! For the record, people my age are not eligible here in my state. I'm only eligible because of health conditions. The one time being sickly is good for you.

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes
              I just watched this again recently as well! One of my favorite shep/weir screen snags is from that epp. That is funny, I feel like I’ve noticed that before with other words, but Goa’uld is a prominent example. Teal’c always enunciated every syllable. Gosh, I miss hearing his voice. And hearing him throw out random bits of pop culture, like mentioning Darth Vader. Wait-I’m wandering way off topic now, lol. I so miss those Friday nights with SG1, SGA and BSC.
              Great minds think alike! Tee-hee

Which shot is that? Is it when he's sitting on her desk? I love that shot. Shep's butt/Elizabeth's desk OTP!

Good luck with the COVID wait list. I used the find a vaccine site but ended up booking mine directly at the local Walmart pharmacy of all places.
              Hmm, that's an idea I haven't tried yet.

ohhh...also, i rewatched Timeless episode 1. So different seeing Flynn’s character this go round. (Nice muscled arm shot in epp 1 too!!!)
              Oooooh, Flynn in a tank top. Shoulders. Arms. Gah. *drools* *smacks self* Okay, I'm back. Where did all this water come from? (To show you how bad off I am.... on Tumblr my little Goran group has "Tank Top Tuesdays" where we post various pictures of him in tank tops. We have no shame. )

It's a very good pilot, I think. Of course, I adore Flynn and Lucy's first meeting. It was so intriguing, that he'd already met her but she hadn't met him. It's such a scifi kinda thing... I loved it!! And Rufus of course was hilarious from the very beginning.

Comment

Okay I take back what I said. I don't know why, but I thought Europe was fairing better than we were. Must depend on the individual countries? I hope they pick up the pace!! For the record, people my age are not eligible here in my state. I'm only eligible because of health conditions. The one time being sickly is good for you.
                Europe has a problem with deliveries, especially AstraZeneca is -- to say it nicely -- ****ing up the deliveries, either they don't deliver on the promised quantities or they hold back on deliveries, or deliver about half or a third of promised amounts, which means our strategies are literally dependent on how many are available.

Pfizer has been steady in its deliveries. Moderna has been trailing in AZ's fumes as they frell up their numbers too. Our hopes are set on the J&J one, which can be delivered from halfway April, and may (or may not) make up for what AZ and Moderna are not delivering.

Italy held a shipment of AZ meant for Australia hostage a few weeks ago. And Ursula Von der Leyen, president of the European Commission, has made threads to keep AstraZeneca from shipping vaccines manufactured inside the EU to countries outside of the bloc, and hold them hostage until they do deliver on their promised amounts.

We did good with regards to containing the amount of people dying, but our vaccination campaign is looking like the USA's handling of the pandemic (no offense).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Yeah, my parents finally got appointments for their first dose for this Friday. Whew!

The way this has been going, I probably won't get my shots until June.

Great minds think alike! Tee-hee

Which shot is that? Is it when he's sitting on her desk? I love that shot. Shep's butt/Elizabeth's desk OTP!

Comment

Hmm, that's an idea I haven't tried yet.

Oooooh, Flynn in a tank top. Shoulders. Arms. Gah. *drools* *smacks self* Okay, I'm back. Where did all this water come from? (To show you how bad off I am.... on Tumblr my little Goran group has "Tank Top Tuesdays" where we post various pictures of him in tank tops. We have no shame. ​)

It's a very good pilot, I think. Of course, I adore Flynn and Lucy's first meeting. It was so intriguing, that he'd already met her but she hadn't met him. It's such a scifi kinda thing... I loved it!! And Rufus of course was hilarious from the very beginning.
                    That's a good shot too. Always so many! But the one that always stands out is when they confront Caldwell and Shep raises his sidearm then locks eyes with Elizabeth. He seemed relieved when she stepped back and exited the room. And also, muscles. When did he find time to take off his coat from the previous scene? Funny the things I remember, though a**hat Kavanah fainting was memorable for me.

Rufus is a gem. Such a great character. And Flynn's tank, yes, that was enjoyed. A whole Tuesday of that? Hmmm....

Europe has a problem with deliveries, especially AstraZeneca is -- to say it nicely -- ****ing up the deliveries, either they don't deliver on the promised quantities or they hold back on deliveries, or deliver about half or a third of promised amounts, which means our strategies are literally dependent on how many are available.

Pfizer has been steady in its deliveries. Moderna has been trailing in AZ's fumes as they frell up their numbers too. Our hopes are set on the J&J one, which can be delivered from halfway April, and may (or may not) make up for what AZ and Moderna are not delivering.

Italy held a shipment of AZ meant for Australia hostage a few weeks ago. And Ursula Von der Leyen, president of the European Commission, has made threads to keep AstraZeneca from shipping vaccines manufactured inside the EU to countries outside of the bloc, and hold them hostage until they do deliver on their promised amounts.

We did good with regards to containing the amount of people dying, but our vaccination campaign is looking like the USA's handling of the pandemic (no offense).
                    What a cluster ....

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Yeah, my parents finally got appointments for their first dose for this Friday. Whew!

Good news on the parents! Mine got their second does last week. I think it helps in my state with vaccine availability that there are many who are in denial about all things science, so no surprise there are quite a few who don't believe in Covid, but believe the vaccine will microchip you. I'm exaggerating for humor, but it legit seems to be a problem.

Comment

Damn, I miss multi-quote.

Well, crap. I had no idea that kind of thing was going on. Oh, and no offense taken. We certainly frelled up our handling of the pandemic. We still are, actually.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty

I'm glad your parents were able to get their appointments!!

Yeah I think the expected time for non-sick our age people here is June too.

That's a good shot too. Always so many! But the one that always stands out is when they confront Caldwell and Shep raises his sidearm then locks eyes with Elizabeth. He seemed relieved when she stepped back and exited the room. And also, muscles. When did he find time to take off his coat from the previous scene? Funny the things I remember, though a**hat Kavanah fainting was memorable for me.

Rufus is a gem. Such a great character. And Flynn's tank, yes, that was enjoyed. A whole Tuesday of that? Hmmm....
                      Oooh, that's a great shot!! I love that moment too. And yes, muscles..... Kavanagh should have died. That they let him live to the end of the series just bugged me.

Well, we never got a shirtless Flynn scene (and no, I don't count his morgue shot in the Christmas crap finale). So we enjoy tank top pics. Here is a link to today's offerings.

Good news on the parents! Mine got their second does last week. I think it helps in my state with vaccine availability that there are many who are in denial about all things science, so no surprise there are quite a few who don't believe in Covid, but believe the vaccine will microchip you. I'm exaggerating for humor, but it legit seems to be a problem.
                      Yeah, we have some of those folks here too. One of my coworkers will go off on her anti-vaccine shtick at team meetings.

Comment

New lockdown is coming... or so the rumors are flying around... won't know until later today.

Anywho, if it happens again, it probably won't be on time that I don't have to go into the office tomorrow to physically attend the transfer of a project I'm involved with. Mind you, I'm the one who has the actual laptops on which the project runs so I'm kind of an important cog in the wheel. Damn me...

It occured to me this morning that it's been a while since I wrote a chapter in the office saga... or posted one at least. I have a feeling there could be one this week.

Comment

*later that same day*

I don't have to go into the office tomorrow because project transfer is delayed until april 1st -- which my colleague had to point out was not a joke.

Though I do have to make a return trip to pick up another laptop (gets the total of active work laptops at home to 5 + my sister's to 6).

And we're also back into semi-lockdown:

* hairdressers and beauticians need to close again for the next 4 weeks.
                          * primary schools and highschools are closed for three weeks instead of 2 -- Easterholiday starts next week instead of 2 weeks from now.
                          * we can meet people outside in groups of max 4 people (so for me that would mean, me + 3 others, or my sister and I + 2 others) -- reduction from the 10 people in place the last 2 weeks
                          * non-essentials shops do not have to close but shopping has to be done by reserving a timeslot (or some such) -- and with no more than 50 people allowed in, for larger stores like say a large Ikea.
                          * non-essential travel remains off-limits with heightened bordercontrol during the holidays
                          * working from home is still mandatory
                          * curfew remains between midnight and 5am for Flanders, and 10pm to 6am for Brussels and Walloon.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

FH, ouch, your new lockdown sounds awful! *virtual hugs*

Me too. Ugh, this copy/paste stuff SUCKS.

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                            And then of course, the blink-and-you'll-miss-it glimpse of Joe cracking and about to laugh.

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                            I'm glad your parents were able to get their appointments!!

Yeah I think the expected time for non-sick our age people here is June too.
                            Thanks. We're all just glad they were able to get in this time. Now we wait for my turn...

Oooh, that's a great shot!! I love that moment too. And yes, muscles..... Kavanagh should have died. That they let him live to the end of the series just bugged me.
                            Yeah, WTF? Kavanagh gets to live, but Lizzeh gets fridged? SO. WRONG.
                            Last edited by Scary Kitty; 24 March 2021, 08:53 AM.

Comment

FH, ouch, your new lockdown sounds awful! *virtual hugs*
                              Oh, I'm surprised they went this far. Didn't think they had it in them to take those necessary steps.

I would have drawn the line at non-essential travel within our borders, because that would have meant we wouldn't be able to see Dad over the weekend.

But I can live with the regulations in place. I'm quite okay with them.
                              When they allowed us to hang out with 10 people, I had to joke that I had to post an ad for people to fill that requirement.

Comment

Well, we never got a shirtless Flynn scene (and no, I don't count his morgue shot in the Christmas crap finale). So we enjoy tank top pics. Here is a link to today's offerings.

Yeah, we have some of those folks here too. One of my coworkers will go off on her anti-vaccine shtick at team meetings.
                                Kavanagh should have just had a heart attack and died at that moment. Would have been satisfying.
                                Lovely link you shared, many thanks.

Our state also has a super high rate of people not going in for the second vaccine, freeing up some supply, I suppose, as they just opened our county up to 16 years old and up. My kiddo is now on the waitlist.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

And then of course, the blink-and-you'll-miss-it glimpse of Joe cracking and about to laugh.

Thanks. We're all just glad they were able to get in this time. Now we wait for my turn...
                                Yeah, WTF? Kavanagh gets to live, but Lizzeh gets fridged? SO. WRONG.
                                So wrong. I still get so mad when I think about Kavanagh. I can't even spell his name right, lol. I'd forgotten about Joe almost laughing.

Crossing my fingers that everyone gets through these vaccine waitlists quickly.

Oh, I'm surprised they went this far. Didn't think they had it in them to take those necessary steps.

I would have drawn the line at non-essential travel within our borders, because that would have meant we wouldn't be able to see Dad over the weekend.

But I can live with the regulations in place. I'm quite okay with them.
                                When they allowed us to hang out with 10 people, I had to joke that I had to post an ad for people to fill that requirement.
                                I'm so sorry to hear about the new lockdown. Very happy to hear there might be a new chapter.

Comment

Working...
                                X