Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Eeep. Yeah, when the repairs start costing more than what you could get for the car if you sell it...
    They told me that my car was worth like 6-7 thousand which shocked me considering its age. It has dents, though, so even if they don't notice the electrical trouble I'm sure they'll knock a few grand off for the dents (one was me, the other 2 were from my mom back when she was alive - driving like maniacs runs in the family). Even if I get 5,000 for it, that would knock off a good chunk of money off an already discounted car. Add in a healthy down payment, and my monthly payments should be pretty low.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

They told me that my car was worth like 6-7 thousand which shocked me considering its age. It has dents, though, so even if they don't notice the electrical trouble I'm sure they'll knock a few grand off for the dents (one was me, the other 2 were from my mom back when she was alive - driving like maniacs runs in the family). Even if I get 5,000 for it, that would knock off a good chunk of money off an already discounted car. Add in a healthy down payment, and my monthly payments should be pretty low.
      $5,000 isn't bad, that's for sure.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

$5,000 isn't bad, that's for sure.

I haven't told anyone in my family about this (don't need them all involved in my finances). If all goes well, I'll just show up with a new car and shock everyone.

Comment

As promised, albeit a week later than expected... and once again, all mistakes are my doing... glaring/non-glaring...

Previous chapters this way:

The Office Saga: Chapter X

Spoiler:
          Elizabeth didn't know a more gentle soul or patient person in all of Atlantis but walking into the infirmary none of that gentleness or patience was even remotely present. In its stead there stood a red-headed fury straight out of the deepest recesses of hell, raging about lost data and the incompetence a recent addition to the expedition had managed to display in the few days they had been in the city.

Carson stood to the side, occasionally opening and closing his mouth like a fish on dry land, trying to figure out the signs Laura Cadman was making at him from the opposite end of the room. If Elizabeth's interpretations were correct they signaled, for the most part, to be quiet, hope for the best or fear the worst - either was a possibility. The sign for 'please, don't get killed by the raging psychologist' could have used some work as Carson definitely did not get that one until Laura pretended to strangle him using one of the pillows as a stand-in for his neck.

Carson caught sight of her, standing in the doorway, and inclined his head, ever so subtle, in the direction of his colleague.

"Hello," Elizabeth started, immediately becoming the bullseye of a pair of blazing eyes.

"Doctor Weir!" Carson greeted cheerfully, immediately regretting the tone of voice, cringing at the sight of the psychologist turning her glare back at him.

"What is going on?", Elizabeth inquired.

She walked up to Kate and placed her hand on the psychologist's arm, gently forcing her attention away from Carson.

"I. Am. Going to. Declare her. Clinically. INSANE!"

"Who?" Elizabeth tugged at the arm, guiding Kate out of the infirmary.

"I can do that, you know, and then you will have to send her incompetent brain back to earth."

Elizabeth managed to hold back a chuckle. Leave it to Kate to substitute the object of her fury's derriere with their brain. It made her friend one of the few people Elizabeth rarely if ever heard use anything beyond a polite curse. However, at the level of angry the otherwise gentle woman was at, she wouldn't be surprised that a stronger cussing was bubbling just below the surface.

"Clinically insane. And I will recommend follow-up. And a note in her file and she will be sorry."

Elizabeth guided Kate towards a transporter, listening amused as the psychologist continued her threats against the unfortunate person who'd erased her research, even if by accident they would not easily get away with their mortal mistake.

"You know what," Elizabeth said as they walked out of the transporter, nudging Kate towards Teyla's quarters. "I'll have Ro..."

Kate's glare intensified at the mere notion Elizabeth was about to suggest Rodney looking into anything.

"Radek," Elizabeth corrected herself, "look into it. I'm sure there's a back-up of the servers."

Elizabeth waved her hand across the door chime and pushed Kate inside the moment Teyla opened the doors to her quarters. She gave her the cliff-note version of Kate's misfortune, to which Teyla promised to keep her girlfriend out of harm's way the rest of the day. It was more to the benefit of the culprit than to Kate but Elizabeth appreciated the gesture anyway.

**//**

"Doctor Weir," a voice behind Elizabeth called out to her.

She turned to find an unfamiliar face gazing back at her. She seemed nervous about something, and it didn't take Elizabeth long to connect enough dots together that before her stood the person who had shown Elizabeth a whole new side of their resident psychologist.

"I was wondering if I could have a word."

"May I assume this is related to an incident which took place earlier today where someone's research got accidentally deleted?"

The woman's eyes went wide.

"You already know?"

"Doctor Heightmeyer and I happen to be good friends."

There was a visible gulp.

"I suggest you stay far away from her and her research. I'll make sure you are assigned one of the other psychologists we have in the city."

"Thank you, ma'am."

"Anything else?"

"Nope," came the quick reply before she all but ran from the office.

Elizabeth watched the woman retreat unable to suppress the chuckle, which had been waiting to burst forth, any longer.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That was great, FH!! I can just picture Kate like that. Too funny!!

Comment

I nearly gave the unfortunate person a name, after that one colleague who did something similar with a French webpage (which still hasn't been set back to the way it was, an exact copy of the Dutch version), but then decided against it.

The inspiration for this one was taken from a personal office experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I nearly gave the unfortunate person a name, after that one colleague who did something similar with a French webpage (which still hasn't been set back to the way it was, an exact copy of the Dutch version), but then decided against it.

The inspiration for this one was taken from a personal office experience.
                Oh dear!! I take it you were Kate in this personal office experience?

Comment

Oh dear!! I take it you were Kate in this personal office experience?
                  Unfortunately so... and I didn't have an Elizabeth nor a Teyla at hand to assist.

They didn't appear much later when others found out the webpage didn't look like it should have -- I had to point it out a few times before they made a move.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Another busy day of raiding the mainland for supplies yesterday. By the time we're done, we'll be able to outlast a siege.

FH, that newest chapter is hilarious! And should serve as a dire warning to anyone who dares mess with someone else's work!

Unfortunately so... and I didn't have an Elizabeth nor a Teyla at hand to assist.

They didn't appear much later when others found out the webpage didn't look like it should have -- I had to point it out a few times before they made a move.
                    Ouch, sounds like the nameless one wasn't the only twit in the office you had to deal with... *hugs*
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Another busy day of raiding the mainland for supplies yesterday. By the time we're done, we'll be able to outlast a siege.
                      In this day and age, you might just have to.

FH, that newest chapter is hilarious! And should serve as a dire warning to anyone who dares mess with someone else's work!
                      I'm not in the habit of declaring anyone clinically insane (I don't have the authority), but the consequences sure are severe.

Comment

I had an annoying day at work (again). The woman who trained me on a task failed to mention one big part of it, and so I had to do all my work over. Grrr.

Oh boy, that's not good.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                        I was wondering where you'd gone off to! I'm glad you had a successful trip.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                        I'm not in the habit of declaring anyone clinically insane (I don't have the authority), but the consequences sure are severe.

Comment

I had an annoying day at work (again). The woman who trained me on a task failed to mention one big part of it, and so I had to do all my work over. Grrr.
                          Woops... life imitating art?

You probably also don't have the authority to declare them clinically insane.
                          We need to work on that.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

In this day and age, you might just have to.
                            Yep. They’re all out to get us…

Ugh, I hate it when people don’t give clear and complete instructions. Sorry you had to do everything over again, that sucks!

I was wondering where you'd gone off to! I'm glad you had a successful trip.
                            Me too! Tiring, but successful.

Comment

I somehow lost a whole week of my life to work and adulting. Big sigh. TGIF. Hope everyone is well. Good luck with the test drive JT-2!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                                I somehow lost a whole week of my life to work and adulting. Big sigh. TGIF. Hope everyone is well.
                                Adulting is hard work. If I had known about that growing up, I would never have... oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Working...
                                X