Elizabeth Weir/Torri Higginson WOW Thread - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mishu View Post
    I love this answer i've just started watching Atlantis again and forgot how amazing Weir/Torri is! Getting hooked on all of it again is so much fun!!
    Same here, I started rewatching all the episodes myself and it reminds me why I love Torri/Lizzie so much.

Comment

Update for anyone following the Propworx Stargate Live Auctions: Thanks to txstarla, a member at the Propworx forum and who is working the auction in Seattle this weekend, I was able to get some additional pictures of the back of the jacket from Lot #213 - Weir's "Big Reveal" Replicator Outfit from "Be All My Sins Remember'd." An excellent shot of the front of the jacket can be seen in the auction catalog, but given that the back of the jacket was never even seen in the episode, I thought it rather important to Stargate costume history to get a complete picture of the jacket.

So without further ado...
      Spoiler:

Again, many thanks to txstarla for taking time out of her busy schedule today to get these pics!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That is awesome jacket, I gotta agree with you SK, that would be nice if we get to see full shot of Elizabeth with that jacket in the episode, instead of sitting in the chair. The design in the back of the jacket was cool, its very unique to it. if only the designer of that leather jacket they should have throw red color in it to match good old SGA season 4/5 jackets. I can see that lots of die-hard SGA fans and sga cosplayers out there making that lots of replicas of it .

Comment

No red in the jacket? How come?
          sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing there was no red because the designer was sticking to the brown/neutral color palette that's been used for the Asurans and the Ancients. Of course, the wild thing is that when the episode was originally aired, I think a lot of us thought it was red, because the set was so dimly lit. Even having studied costume design and knowing how lighting can affect how a garment looks, it still took me by surprise to see the actual garment in the catalog.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              This time. There's actually going to be two live auctions (they haven't announced a date or location for the second one yet; it's supposed to be next year), so I wouldn't be surprised if another complete gate shows up in the second live auction. Hmm, they had a full Pegasus gate for location shooting on SGA, too, didn't they? Maybe we'll see that one next year.
              Do you know if this is still true? Because I'm wondering what they have left after this weekend, other than this:

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
              I'll start to worry about SGA when the following item is sold:

At least I don't think I saw this little gem *cough* in the catalog.
              Last edited by Rosehawk; 28 September 2010, 09:56 PM. Reason: Remove IMG Tags
              sigpic
              sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                Do you know if this is still true? Because I'm wondering what they have left after this weekend, other than this:
                I think Alec (or one of the other Propworx guys) mentioned at one point during the chat running alongside the live video feed that they had something like 300 more pieces to put on eBay and maybe around 400 for the next live auction. I could be way off on those numbers, though, so don't quote me on that.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                At least I don't think I saw this little gem *cough* in the catalog.
                Nope, that wasn't in this weekend's catalog. Would be interesting to see if it ends up on eBay or Live 2. Not that I'm bidding on it.

Comment

Okay, here's the final tally of Weir loot for this past weekend's live auction by Propworx in Seattle, Washington (you can watch videos recorded from the live stream throughout the weekend here)...

First, the costumes (sold on Day 1):
                  Lot 214 - Weir's Gray Duty Uniform from Seasons Two and Three - $350
                  Lot 215 - Weir's Gray Duty Uniform (from Condemned) - $450
                  Lot 216 - Weir's Duty Uniform from Season Three - $500
                  Lot 217 - Weir's Long-Sleeve Duty Uniform (shirt & trousers) - $150
                  Lot 218 - Weir's Duty Uniform (red tank top w/gray stripes) - $200
                  Lot 219 - Weir's Ancient Costume from "Before I Sleep" - $500

And the props from Day 2:
                  Lot 478 - Weir's Photo of Sedgewick - $50
                  Lot 479 - Weir's Father's Pocket Watch - $250
                  Lot 480 - Weir's Urn (from Before I Sleep; complete with lid) - $900
                  Lot 481 - Weir's Gate Addresses (from Before I Sleep) - $450
                  Lot 482 - Weir's Necklace (the silver chevron-ish one worn throughout Season 1) - $600

Weekly auctions on eBay will be starting up again in a couple of weeks. We'll see if they have any Weir shirts left.

Comment

Torri's coming to Melbourne this month for the Armageddon Expo. She's a last-minute replacement for another actor who pulled out. I'm quite looking forward to seeing her in person.

Feel the love.
                    dolfyn.
                    Dr. Carson Beckett: The Heart of Atlantis

Comment

Those pictures are from Airborne, right? I have to watch this movie one of these days.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dolfyn View Post
                        Torri's coming to Melbourne this month for the Armageddon Expo. She's a last-minute replacement for another actor who pulled out. I'm quite looking forward to seeing her in person.

Feel the love.
                        dolfyn.
                        Oh, that's awesome! Torri's adorable and a lot of fun, I hope you have a great time meeting her!

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                        http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7108/torriairborne.jpg

http://thumbnails33.imagebam.com/977...9697743674.jpg
                        http://thumbnails8.imagebam.com/9775/f7618a97743678.jpg
                        http://thumbnails33.imagebam.com/977...2997743682.jpg
                        http://thumbnails22.imagebam.com/977...5197743685.jpg

Those pictures are from Airborne, right? I have to watch this movie one of these days.
                        I have no idea what those pictures are from, but damn, it looks like a lot of fun! I wanna see it, too!

Comment

Yes, I think it's Airborne.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yes ... it is airborne. Torri is quite cute in it but the movie itself is not very good.
                            To succeed in life, you need 3 things ... a Wishbone, a Backbone and a Funny Bone

Comment

Apparently Torri is in the Whole Truth on ABC tonight. She plays a judge.

WHOLE TRUTH, THE [EPISODE CHANGE]
                              Air Date: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
                              Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on ABC
                              Episode Title: (#1??) "Judicial Discretion"
                              VIEW ALL LISTINGS FOR WHOLE TRUTH, THE
                              [NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

** EPISODE CHANGE **

JUDD HIRSCH (REUNITING WITH ROB MORROW) PLAYS A JUDGE CHARGED WITH MURDER, ON ABC'S "THE WHOLE TRUTH"

"Judicial Discretion" - Judd Hirsch stars as Judge Ruben Wright, a much-loved jurist accused of murder. Of all the lawyers who've come through his courtroom, Wright chooses Jimmy to represent him - and Kathryn Peale must prosecute, despite severe misgivings. Jimmy, Kathryn and Judge Wright have often shared a courtroom, but when they did, Judge Wright was at the bench; now he's at the defense table, on "The Whole Truth," WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 6 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Note: This episode replaces "True Confessions" which moves to October 13.

"The Whole Truth" stars Rob Morrow as Jimmy Brogan, Maura Tierney as Kathryn Peale, Eamonn Walker as Terrence "Edge" Edgecomb, Anthony Ruivivar as Alejo Salazar, Christine Adams as Lena Boudreaux and Sean Wing as Chad Griffin.

Guest Cast: Judd Hirsch as Judge Wright, Ellen Gerstein as Tina, Stephanie Lemelin as Rhonda, Matthew Del Negro as Dan Olin, Roger Aaron Brown as Judge Hampton, Torri Higginson as Judge Jerue, Andrew McGee as Terrell Bones.

"Judicial Discretion" was written by Hannah Shakespeare & Kevin J. Hynes and directed by Rob Bailey.

"The Whole Truth" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound. A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to airdate.

For more information on "The Whole Truth," visit ABC.com. Viewers can also follow the show via http://facebook.com/TheWholeTruth and Twitter: WholeTruthABC

Read more: Listings - WHOLE TRUTH, THE on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz11aoik2Tf
                              To succeed in life, you need 3 things ... a Wishbone, a Backbone and a Funny Bone

Comment

So I was rewatching The Return Part 1&2 and I think that if Elizabeth had been faced with the decision to have to leave Atlantis I think she'd choose to stay on another planet. It seemed so hard for her to leave that I think she'd rather stay fighting in Pegasus then return to Earth. And at the end of Part 2. Giving a hug to Jack and then getting a giddy smile for being home in Atlantis. She loves her city. If I had to choose I'd want her to be my boss of the city.

Last edited by Kinky_Carter; 07 October 2010, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X