Elizabeth Weir/Torri Higginson WOW Thread - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    And that's why, for the most part, I shifted from gen to ship fic very early on. At least in Weir-ship fic, Elizabeth is treated respectfully as a full member of the team.

Though I'll bet part of it is that, well, Elizabeth hasn't been on the show as a regular for two years now. Out of sight, out of mind. Hmm, maybe an Elizabeth ficathon is in order...
    Not to say that Torri wasn't treated respectfully, she doesn't seem all that dissatisfy. We're more talking about how she felt the situation was being handled. She seems to understand quite clearing of the political aspect of Hollywood. But regardless, to put myself in her shoes I think I'd prefer my employer to tell me ahead what's up so at least I can look for the next gig. Afterall this is money business not favor business... She lives on it as income!

I mean I know there are people "LINE UP" to be a part of the cast but regardless of the competition and the amount of options the producer have, treat these people with some courtesy... Their living situations and food depends on it!

So, really, is it so hard?

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
      Not to say that Torri wasn't treated respectfully, she doesn't seem all that dissatisfy. We're more talking about how she felt the situation was being handled. She seems to understand quite clearing of the political aspect of Hollywood. But regardless, to put myself in her shoes I think I'd prefer my employer to tell me ahead what's up so at least I can look for the next gig. Afterall this is money business not favor business... She lives on it as income!

I mean I know there are people "LINE UP" to be a part of the cast but regardless of the competition and the amount of options the producer have, treat these people with some courtesy... Their living situations and food depends on it!

So, really, is it so hard?
      Well, we were actually talking about how the character of Elizabeth is treated in fanfiction.

As for the real life behind-the-scenes situation with Torri, I have to agree with the 'treat your cast with courtesy' line. A producer's reputation in the industry could be made or broken depending on positive or negative word of mouth from happy or unhappy actors and crew members.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well, we were actually talking about how the character of Elizabeth is treated in fanfiction.

As for the real life behind-the-scenes situation with Torri, I have to agree with the 'treat your cast with courtesy' line. A producer's reputation in the industry could be made or broken depending on positive or negative word of mouth from happy or unhappy actors and crew members.
        Oh, I guess I missed you guy's point Btw, I like your "(This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)" quote lol

are you a lawyer of some kind?

Comment

Hey, wheres the activities? Where are all the Weir fans? Women fans? come on..I said a lot of 'stuff' I want ur input!

Comment

are you a lawyer of some kind?
            No, but I did study political science in university. Hmm, maybe that's part of why I like Elizabeth, since she taught poly sci courses at Georgetown University before she got called in to run Stargate Command.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

If I didn't know any better, I'd thought u're the writer for Atlantis! Or are you??
              Bring on that production company... Oh wait, that was just a dream...

Sometimes I wish that I have a Television production of my own so I can just carry over these awesome actor/actress and make them a superstar.
              Ha, you too? I wished for it on multiple occasions...

Hey, wheres the activities? Where are all the Weir fans? Women fans? come on..I said a lot of 'stuff' I want ur input!
              Hey, at least there's people talking - all you see in the Secondary Women of Atlantis thread is tumbleweed and a lemming playing with it. Shameless plugging at its best.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Bring on that production company... Oh wait, that was just a dream...

Ha, you too? I wished for it on multiple occasions...
                I keep wishing I had enough money to buy MGM Studios. Does that count?

Comment

I keep wishing I had enough money to buy MGM Studios. Does that count?
                  That most definitely counts. *nods*

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    That most definitely counts. *nods*
                    Excellent! *gleefully rubs hands together*

Comment

Want to make a revolution?
                      I agree with you. There are not enough female characters in sci fi. I have not seen the film Star Trek so I can’t say anything about this.
                      For Stargate, all the writers are men. They find it easier to write for the male characters. What can you do except read fanfics where women are beautifully written? ).
                      I agree with you again on the fact of treating actors with courtesy. I have the impression that Torri was not treat like this. But no one knows the whole story so ...
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Just passing thru to see how things are going.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
                          Just passing thru to see how things are going.
                          Slowly...

Comment

you mean very slowly, dont you?

anyone wants to do a TH-Picspam??

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
                              you mean very slowly, dont you?
                              Hey... no tumbleweed yet... I know this thread (my favorite) and there's tumbleweed all over the place... and sand, and dust, and a lemming sometimes too talking to itself.

Comment

Got a question for you all: When Weir was first introduced in SG-1's Lost City, we were told that she spoke five languages. Obviously, English was one of them, but were we ever told what the other four were? And if not, what do you think her other four languages are?

Comment

Working...
                                X