Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magic713
    replied
    I really liked the character, and was sad to see her leave. On another note, I think it might have been an interesting story if she stayed on and was like part Asuran. It may have been an interesting character arc.

Leave a comment:

• itsaparadox
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sequoia Hope
    replied
    Have been pretty sad that CBC's This Life was canceled. It was such a beautiful show with some of the most remarkable storytelling that I have ever seen, and it was unfortunate that it wasn't renewed for a third season.

What's even more bittersweet is this parallel I noticed between Torri's character, Natalie, at the end of the Season 2 finale and with Elizabeth at the end of First Strike:

Spoiler:
    First, look at Elizabeth looking out of the window as the city takes flight:

Elizabeth First Strike.JPG

Then at the end of Season 2 of This Life, Natalie is at an amusement park with her children, and they are looking up toward the fireworks exploding in the night sky. Look at Natalie's awed expression:

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 5.55.13 PM.jpg

Natalie looking up at the night sky was the very last glimpse we got of Torri in the Season 2 finale before the show was taken off the air. The fates of Torri's roles in these two shows are shockingly in alignment with each other.

Leave a comment:

• itsaparadox
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    SGA Reverse Bang came and went. I don't know whether there are other artworks and fics that will feature any of the ladies, but here's my fanfic entry, inspired by video created for the art-part.

Art
    (not a robot) by PickingupEllen
    Rating = G
    Characters: Elizabeth Weir, John Sheppard, Daniel Jackson, Jack O'Neill & Reese (Stargate SG1)

Fanfic
    Cogito Ergo Sum by Falcon Horus
    Rating = T
    Characters: Elizabeth Weir & Niam

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Can I entice anyone to beta an Elizabeth Weir centric fic containing approx. 1400 words?

Nevermind, beta found.
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 23 April 2017, 08:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• itsaparadox
    replied

Leave a comment:

• itsaparadox
    replied

I wanted to give her short blonde hair but the ones the program had weren't working out.

But now we know what she would sorta look like as a blonde.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied

NOPE! No, no no.... NO!!

Leave a comment:

• itsaparadox
    replied
    I've always wondered about Torri as a blonde, and i couldn't help myself so i quickly made this. I gave her some blonde hair and this is the result.

Spoiler:

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    I don't know about Torri as a blond...

Leave a comment:

• DarkenLycht
    replied
    Yes, sure but they ccould have at least have her dye her hair blond maybe. Though I have to say I like it better dark as it has been in SGA

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    The joys of recasts.

Leave a comment:

• DarkenLycht
    replied
    I found it funny how Dr. Weir was blond in SG1 in one ep and then in the other she was the Weir we know in SGA all of a sudden

I like her the way she was in SGA though better

Leave a comment:

• itsaparadox
    replied
    Hello! Welcome back to the thread!

I'm going to have to agree with FH on this one. I don't see MGM making anything Stargate related in the near future. Everyone's already moved on. Joe Flanigan did try to buy the franchise at one point to continue the sga series, but it went nowhere. Here's the link to that video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PukkdCKnBww

Elizabeth was my favorite and i couldn't stand how her story ended, so i just resorted to reading fanfiction to get an ending that i would have wanted to see.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X