No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/Torri Higginson WOW Thread - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know with this new season of Supernatural Torri should definitly be in some episodes!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Falcon Horus will no doubt be pleased to note that there's also a Kate Heightmeyer shirt available.
      *shoots away like an arrow from a bow*

I'm gonna try and see if I can get my hands on this one - would be kinda cool.
      A Heightmeyer shirt for Heightmeyer's Lemming.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        *shoots away like an arrow from a bow*

I'm gonna try and see if I can get my hands on this one - would be kinda cool.
        A Heightmeyer shirt for Heightmeyer's Lemming.
        Hee! I figured you'd be interested!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Hee! I figured you'd be interested!
          Interested - hell yeah. In the last few rounds there were a shirt and that night-thingie from Doppelganger but you know, I thought I wouldn't probably have a shot seeing the prices going up like woah... but who knows maybe I'll get lucky.

Comment

Interested - hell yeah. In the last few rounds there were a shirt and that night-thingie from Doppelganger but you know, I thought I wouldn't probably have a shot seeing the prices going up like woah... but who knows maybe I'll get lucky.
            *sends virtual four-leaf clovers for luck in bidding*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I was at the Armageddon Multimedia Expo in Melbourne over the weekend, where I attended Torri's Q&A panel, & met her afterwards. I have to say, what a delightful lady she is! Her panel was entertaining, fun & interesting.
              My question to her was: "Everyone grows up with influences throughout their childhood, like horror or comics or sci-fi, etc; what influenced you while you were growing up?"
              Her answer was: "Old black & white movies, especially ones with strong female characters like Katherine Hepburn, etc." (She did say more than that, but that was the gist of it.)
              I lined up for an autograph afterwards & was waiting for a good hour. The reason for this was that Torri was having a lovely chat with each person who stepped up to her table. When it was finally my turn, she immediately commented on how she loved my sparkly gold-glitter nail polish. Then she asked my name & then said how lovely she thought it was. I replied that I was the one who asked about her influences & she'd said black & white movies, & then told her about how my parents got my name from an old movie about a vintage car with the same name. I also said that I also grew up watching b&w movies & all the old musicals.
              I then told her my favourite b&w movie is The Women & asked if she'd heard of it. She was only aware of the (inferior) remake with Sissy Spacek & Meg Ryan, so I told her the original is MUCH better & has a lot of great actresses in it from that era. She actually wrote it down to remind herself to seek it out.
              I then told her that I love Stargate Atlantis, but not nearly as much after she & Paul were shafted. She graciously said that shows change sometimes, etc, but I insisted that the show wasn't as good after she & Paul had left. We said one or two more things & then I had to move on & we said our goodbyes.
              I was so impressed with how sweet she was, that I decided to get a professional photo with her the next day, & went in early to make sure I wouldn't miss out. When I went into the booth, she remembered me & said it was nice to see me again. So I told her that I'd had such a lovely time chatting with her at the autograph table the day before that I'd squeezed the budget to get a photo with her as well. She seemed genuinely touched & thanked me. She also commented on my Han Solo t-shirt.
              We had our photo & exchanged a couple more comments, & then I told her that her panel had been very entertaining & that I'd be raving on the internet about my wonderful experience meeting her. She thanked me again & we said our goodbyes, & here I am raving about how great she is!

Here are my pics:

(Not my favourite pic of myself, but I was suffering from sinus problems at the time!)

Feel the love.
              dolfyn.
              Last edited by dolfyn; 19 October 2010, 02:25 AM.
              Dr. Carson Beckett: The Heart of Atlantis

Comment

Thanks for the con report, dolfyn! It's always great to hear stories of Torri!

And I love the original The Women too. Norma Shearer, Joan Crawford, Rosalind Russell all in one picture. I couldn't even stomach seeing the remake. =\
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Here are a couple more con reports:
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post11994647

http://lovinjackson.livejournal.com/62302.html

http://weird-fin.livejournal.com/116187.html
                  sigpic

Comment

Eeee! Awesome! I'm glad you had such a great time meeting Torri, dolfyn! And thanks so much for the trip report, and to Lythisrose for posting more trip report links... it's always fun to read about the Torri!squee.

Comment

Just a quick post to say the deadline for prompt submission for the latest Women of the Gate Ficathon and Art Challenge is 31st October.

We'd love all Elizabeth prompts we can get! If you haven't submitted prompts yet, please pop along!

You can find the Prompt Submission post here.

Happy Prompting!
                      sigpic
                      Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                      My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Checking in one last time before heading off to bed; this past week's auction for the lot of two Elizabeth Weir duty shirts closed with a winning bid of $147.50.

Comment

A little auction update: No Weir-related lots are available this week.

Comment

I didn't win Kate's shirt either - apparently I'm not in the right Timezone for this either, consider I am not awake at 4 or 5 am to notice I'm being outbid by 1 frakkin dollar. I wanted it so badly. It's just not fair. Whoever cheated me out of my fun better be a fan and not some random buyer.

Comment

I didn't win Kate's shirt either - apparently I'm not in the right Timezone for this either, consider I am not awake at 4 or 5 am to notice I'm being outbid by 1 frakkin dollar. I wanted it so badly. It's just not fair. Whoever cheated me out of my fun better be a fan and not some random buyer.
                              Oh no! I was hoping you'd win it! *hugs FH*

Comment

Hey guys!
                                Wow, okay... I met Torri yesterday. WOW. I'll admit that I was SHOCKED by how much personality she had! She was so bubbly! I mean, I liked Weir, but she was so... plain, y'know? TORRI'S SO CUTE! omg, she's just... ahhh I could go on and on and on and on...

Anyway, there's a bit of a story that goez with this... but hahahah omg, this is my photo op.
                                SHE'S SO CUTE. I've never looked worse, but... awhhhhh. She's SO CUTE! riehruiesgruisegtrsget5jksgrk5jst5jhsejker. I love how Torri ACTUALLY attempts to make conversation with you. She asked me so many questions... we talked for ages! Awhhh I love her!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X