X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
    LOL, oh! her! I thought it was random how she died... lol
    You LOL at Kate's death?!?

You are not my friend. *turns lemming-ass and walks off into the hallway to go and chew on Rodney's cables*
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      You LOL at Kate's death?!?

You are not my friend. *turns lemming-ass and walks off into the hallway to go and chew on Rodney's cables*
      Oh no

Weir and Kate= same fight.
      They are beautiful, strong, smart...but they died too soon, unfortunately.
      They are major losses for the show
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
        Weir and Kate= same fight.
        They are beautiful, strong, smart...but they died too soon, unfortunately.
        They are major losses for the show
        *giggles*

No, they aren't in the same league. Weir was a primary character who was pushed into a secondary role (Teyla was a primary character pushed into the background to hold up walls). I loved Elizabeth - a woman in charge - cool!

Kate was a secondary (or maybe not even that) character who I fell totally in love with. And I can't even put my finger on it.

I totally love writing for the ladies - they always have starring roles in my fic. I even write Keller but I write her differently. I like my Keller-version better than the one on TV. Actually I like all the ladies better in fic than on TV.

Another reason why they aren't in the same league -> Elizabeth has many fans (even if the threads are a bit slow), Kate has about one (one passed away, one disappeared and another one was never seen again on here). But luckily outside of GW I know plenty of people who love Kate, and write great stories with her in a starring role.

Comment

*giggles*

No, they aren't in the same league. Weir was a primary character who was pushed into a secondary role (Teyla was a primary character pushed into the background to hold up walls). I loved Elizabeth - a woman in charge - cool!

Kate was a secondary (or maybe not even that) character who I fell totally in love with. And I can't even put my finger on it.

I totally love writing for the ladies - they always have starring roles in my fic. I even write Keller but I write her differently. I like my Keller-version better than the one on TV. Actually I like all the ladies better in fic than on TV.

Another reason why they aren't in the same league -> Elizabeth has many fans (even if the threads are a bit slow), Kate has about one (one passed away, one disappeared and another one was never seen again on here). But luckily outside of GW I know plenty of people who love Kate, and write great stories with her in a starring role.

Oops...sorry...Now I don't know how to react.lol
          I just wanted to say that I also like Kate. Probably not as much as you (of course) but I loved her for a secondary character.
          Last edited by Probie; 07 May 2009, 11:23 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Oops...sorry...Now I don't know how to react.lol
            I just wanted to say that I also like Kate. Probably not as much as you (of course) but I loved her for a secondary character.
            Oh ... ... Oops!

*tiptoes out, looking a bright red intead of furry brown*

Comment

Oh ... ... Oops!

*tiptoes out, looking a bright red intead of furry brown*
              Don't.

You scared me a little but I will be find.lol
              sigpic

Comment

You scared me a little but I will be find.lol
                I can be scary but that's just me being protective. Otherwise I'm known to be cute and furry. Occasionally I will go out of my way to get on Rodney's nerves, which will usually result into me hightailing it back to Kate's office, and hiding underneath her desk or on her shoulder.

I'm only scary when provoked - I generally don't bite ankles.... much.

There's even a sign:

Spoiler:

Comment

I can be scary but that's just me being protective. Otherwise I'm known to be cute and furry. Occasionally I will go out of my way to get on Rodney's nerves, which will usually result into me hightailing it back to Kate's office, and hiding underneath her desk or on her shoulder.

I'm only scary when provoked - I generally don't bite ankles.... much.

There's even a sign:

Spoiler:
                  Ok so no provocation. I promise. Even if I had never considered doing this.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok so no provocation. I promise. Even if I had never considered doing this.
                    A warned woman is worth two.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      Uh...I'm not really a self-pimper, but I have written one that's not strictly shippy--very canon based--it's definitely gen, and it focuses on Elizabeth. It isn't complete yet, but if you want to try it you can find it here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4254289/1/Testament
                      Thanks!
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                        Another question - while I'm here. I know the mods haven't gotten around to dealing with the Elizabeth threads yet. But when they do, what would you all think about asking if this thread could be renamed something like The Elizabeth Weir/Torri Higginson WOW/Discussion/Appreciation thread?
                        I don't see any problem with a rename/consolidation; it seems to me that it would fit in with the other character/actor appreciation threads.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                        Well, maybe you all can help me with a problem I'm having. As someone who doesn't really read ship fic very often, I've been having a seriously hard time finding gen fic for Elizabeth that is of somewhat decent length. It doesn't even necessarily need to be about Elizabeth - it just would be nice if she played more than a cameo role in the story. I prefer gen fic, but the problem with gen fic is that most of it just focuses on the team four. So if anyone could point me to some good gen fic with Elizabeth, that would be great.
                        A couple of good ones by Domenika Marzione (all her stories are gen, focusing mainly on the military side of life in Atlantis, so there's a lot of emphasis on Sheppard and Lorne as well as the OCs in Lorne's team, but I've always liked how she portrays Elizabeth):

It's Always the Quiet Ones. Sheppard won the battle to get Elizabeth trained in self-defense. But he lost the war. Sheppard POV, but very much all about Elizabeth.

Angle of Refraction. He has many secrets; not all of them are his. Tag to Common Ground, Lorne's POV, and part of the 'Five Secrets Lorne's Team Doesn't Want Told' series. (If you squint and wear rose-colored glasses, it could maybe-kinda-sorta be seen as Sheppard/Weir UST or Lorne/Weir UST...)
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          A couple of good ones by Domenika Marzione (all her stories are gen, focusing mainly on the military side of life in Atlantis, so there's a lot of emphasis on Sheppard and Lorne as well as the OCs in Lorne's team, but I've always liked how she portrays Elizabeth):

It's Always the Quiet Ones. Sheppard won the battle to get Elizabeth trained in self-defense. But he lost the war. Sheppard POV, but very much all about Elizabeth.

Angle of Refraction. He has many secrets; not all of them are his. Tag to Common Ground, Lorne's POV, and part of the 'Five Secrets Lorne's Team Doesn't Want Told' series. (If you squint and wear rose-colored glasses, it could maybe-kinda-sorta be seen as Sheppard/Weir UST or Lorne/Weir UST...)
                          Oh cool - thanks. I'm familar with Domenika Marzione's fic, but I haven't read all of it, and I don't think I've read these two. So thanks for pointing them out.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

And that's why, for the most part, I shifted from gen to ship fic very early on. At least in Weir-ship fic, Elizabeth is treated respectfully as a full member of the team.

Though I'll bet part of it is that, well, Elizabeth hasn't been on the show as a regular for two years now. Out of sight, out of mind. Hmm, maybe an Elizabeth ficathon is in order...
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Killdeer - where are you reading your fic?

Besides what are you complaining about anyway? Try to put yourself in my shoes - finding fic which has Kate in it and playing some form of important role is like searching for a needle in a haystack. And when I do a search on ff.net all stories that come up are my own.

But I do get your vent though...

When I write I try to incorperate all women, including Elizabeth, at least when the story requires it cause I mostly write Kate/Teyla-focused stories. But for me anyways Atlantis team means the whole expedition so that's different from most people's interpretation of team.

Comment

Killdeer - where are you reading your fic?

Besides what are you complaining about anyway? Try to put yourself in my shoes - finding fic which has Kate in it and playing some form of important role is like searching for a needle in a haystack. And when I do a search on ff.net all stories that come up are my own.

But I do get your vent though...

When I write I try to incorperate all women, including Elizabeth, at least when the story requires it cause I mostly write Kate/Teyla-focused stories. But for me anyways Atlantis team means the whole expedition so that's different from most people's interpretation of team.
                                If I didn't know any better, I'd thought u're the writer for Atlantis! Or are you??

It is true, out of sight, out of mind. Not a lot of people have the energy or persistent to keep at something for too long unless they're absolutely obsess over it.

As much as we all want Weir back I know it'd be hard. Sometimes I wish that I have a Television production of my own so I can just carry over these awesome actor/actress and make them a superstar. But seems like Torri is finding some other gigs of her own. Well, I mean that's pretty much her career. But still... if the writer looks at the scenario as a part of a whole expedition then they should know that Weir is VERY much a part of the WHOLE expedition. Look how different it is "without" Weir. This is my fact - after Weir left, it wasn't as interesting anymore! I still watch it but it just feels "missing something."

On a side note, I recently watched Star Trek Movie... It was decent and it has humor except I was pretty upset about the casts, the whole cast were male dominant! What is it with males? Do people have more pleasure watching male as the main characters more than female? Why not make a diversity of some kind? The only female that stood out was that one girl...and she's not even in the main cast, nor sidekick. She was just some fling...

I love how they so typically portraits a "son" who grew up under his father's shadow became a complete rebel (bad ass so to speak) then all of a sudden he rise to be the most important person. Ah? What??

I never used to pay attention. I thought "Oh what the hell, doesn't matter, as long as they make good movies." But now, I'm not so certain. I think women needs to speak up. Afterall, they make up more than 50% of the population! ) IMO
                                Last edited by Spirit; 13 May 2009, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X