This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Erised and others, just a little point.... we don't just see it as a negative to Sheppard but to any character in the Gate universe.
    yes, but right now we are very much focused on Sheppard

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
      yes, but right now we are very much focused on Sheppard
      He IS the worst offender at the moment.

I was just wondering what you people thought of Vala's behaviour? Is it classified as Kirking?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf Eire

I was just wondering what you people thought of Vala's behaviour? Is it classified as Kirking?
        I would say that Vala does kirk, but that seems to be an intentional, if not essential, part of the character at the moment. I'm not sure where I stand on Vala, because there isn't much character apart from kirking. Not at the moment, at least.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf Eire

hm... You know, I was wondering about that too. She's not as big of a character yet to really bother me. She kirked before, we know it, from a very disturbing description . SHe hasn't done anything if I remember correctly. I don't think she will do a lot of kirking in the future though.
          Spoiler:
          We do know that she is living in the Ori home galaxy, living with someone, and is pregnant (not sure on this one). But this falls under Epiphany and 100 Days category. She doesn't think she will ever get out so she starts a new life

yep.. hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
            definately!!!!!!!!!!
            http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c52/LJAtl/capture.jpg
            we want more Evil!Lizzie

I agree. We see all this kirking as a horrible way to develop your character in the beginning of this show, we are all fighting here aboout it, we see it a sa big negative to Sheppard. Then we get that damn interview, we go read other interviews, we look for other rumors until the actor looks like the worst person to be around. At this point it gets so rediculous that you realize this is all one big bs, and you drop all your suspicions. I know I did. Joe and John are both redeemed in my eyes for now
            Very nice post Erised! That interview led to all sorts of speculation including people making comments about the amazing Joe's commitment to the series.

Now, go check your emails! I'm at work!!! Risking a random-post!

Comment

Yeah, Vala is a tough one to characterize. In the definition set, then yes she probably does but it's not an insult to her character it's how her character was set up. That's who she is. I'm hoping they'd go into some back story and don't just have her flirting shamelessly with everyone. I see potential everywhere.

I'm crossing my fingers and praying it's all just a misunderstanding how Shep kirk's in the upcoming eps, since I've only seen "Hive."
              Last edited by Cpt. Ritter; 08 January 2006, 10:08 AM.
              Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                Yeah, Vala is a tough one to characterize. In the definition set, then yes she probably does but it's not an insult to her character it's how her character was set up. That's who she is. I'm hoping they'd go into some back story and don't just have her flirting shamelessly with everyone. I see potential everywhere.

I'm crossing my fingers and praying it's all just a misunderstanding how Shep kirk's in the upcoming eps, since I've only seen "Hive."
                That's exactly right, Ritter. It's not an insult to her character, because that IS her character.

Comment

Hey everyone, I'm against the Kirk Syndrome too. I think there has been to much Kirk Syndrome going around in the Stargate Series.

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Comment

Welcome to the club Ebony Wolf.
                    Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

I haven't seen any Vala episodes, but based on what I've read, I wouldn't classify her as a Kirker.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo
                        I haven't seen any Vala episodes, but based on what I've read, I wouldn't classify her as a Kirker.
                        Neither would I. It's a part of her character, that's what I think anyway. In John's case, it's an unessessary habbit of his.

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
                          Neither would I. It's a part of her character, that's what I think anyway. In John's case, it's an unessessary habbit of his.
                          That's the big difference between Vala and any of the other characters.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo
                            i agree... i believe that Vala has a secret about her that might be shameful and uses her personality(kirkish behaviour) to avoid emotional attachment and/or confrontation!!!
                            ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

As far as we know, Vala has only been with Daniel and that's the only one she wants to be with. That is not kirking.

What TPTB did to Shep in the Tower is kirking. Insinuating a one night stand without it adding to the plot. What happened in that episode was just unnessesary. I don't know how to express what that episode did to me... I've always liked Stargate and Sheppard in particular. But that episode made me question why I watch it!

The other episodes didn't make me question myself...
                              S.T.A.K.S. if you think kirking stinks...

Jackson: Earth minutes?
                              Mitchell: Yeah, I've always wanted to say that.
                              Vala: Well, now you have.

Image hosted by RandomImage.net

Member of Ben Hiney Club, Happy Trails Club and The Amazing Arm Appreciation Association Dex's Devil

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
                                Well, it's the writers' habits.....

Shep's 'kirking' record

Sanctuary - kissed Chaya, nothing else happened that we know of
                                Underground - made nice innocent remark about Sora and got trounced by her dad. ouch. So this can actually subtract one point from the 'kirking' record keeper's score
                                Conversion - buggy-influenced Shep pins Teyla to wall and kisses her. This was not love, definitely not.

SPOILERS for unaired US eps
                                The Tower
                                - Mana or Mara the bimbo princess tosses herself on him and like virtually every male, he responds, but when she mentions ruling the kingdom with her, you can see his direction take a definite change and then she pushes him on bed. someone said a scene written, but that we didn't see, was him showing her the door, or something like that; and I get the very strong feeling he did.
                                Epiphany - kissed Teer, no doubt slept with her, but she initiated it, and we're talking months of nothing happening before it did happen.
                                The Long Goodbye - alien entity takes over Shep, but it's the alien entity that took over Weir that initiated the kiss, which was nothing but a cover to put the stupid humans at ease so they wouldn't know what Phoebus really wanted with Weir's and Shep's bodies :
                                END SPOILERS

So, less of "The Tower" crud. Of course, Sora looks at Shep and probably wants to kill him

Comment

Working...
                                X