Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I, for one, am waiting until the day Beckett and Mc Kay have "Scots Appreciation Weekend" and come to work in kilts and give us all a nice look at those knees.
    "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

This is kinda funny, but it turns out he played a tiney little role on sg-1, waaaay back in season 1. He was "young ernest" in The torment of tantalus .

Comment

Indeed he did. Sans Scottish accent.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I wonder what made them choose this guy, who had a tiney role 6 years ago, to be a major role in atlantis?

Comment

Well, it's better than them choosing someone who's had a major role on SG-1.
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Drewbert
              This is kinda funny, but it turns out he played a tiney little role on sg-1, waaaay back in season 1. He was "young ernest" in The torment of tantalus .
              I had no idea he was in that. Okay, now I have to go back and watch that episode, just to see him.
              Work, work.
              Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Does anyone know where anything can be found on Paul Mcgillion? I found his personal web site, but I have had trouble finding other sources. I can't even find the movie See Grace Fly that he stars in. He's a great character, I look forward to seeing him in every episode. Let's hope they expand his character! Between the voice and the eyes, I'm hooked!

Comment

If you haven't seen The Storm yet, where have you've been?
                  s
                  p
                  o
                  i
                  l
                  e
                  r
                  s
                  p
                  a
                  c
                  e
                  h
                  e
                  r
                  e
                  I think Beckett's refusal to fly back to Atlantis was entirely appropriate. He was thinking of the safety of the people aboard the jumper. Only he knew how well he could fly the jumper, and he obviously didn't think he was capable of flying thru the storm.

Too bad Ford and Teyla were stuck on the mainland just to relate the backstory of the episode to Beckett. I hope there's something good in store for them in the second part of the story. I think Beckett's caution should be rewarded with a crucial contribution in The Eye. Or will he end up staying with the children while Ford and Teyla help Sheppard?

My kind of guy:
                  "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                  Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                  (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

::::waves at Indy::: Hi Indy, I've infiltrated the Gateworld boards now!!!!

Originally posted by sweetsnart
                    Does anyone know where anything can be found on Paul Mcgillion? I found his personal web site, but I have had trouble finding other sources. I can't even find the movie See Grace Fly that he stars in. He's a great character, I look forward to seeing him in every episode. Let's hope they expand his character! Between the voice and the eyes, I'm hooked!
                    Yep, you can go to my up-to-date site, packed with photos, information and much more by clicking my signature banner or going to http://paulmcgillion.tjuk.net

Enjoy!!

TJ

Comment

Ok so I only just saw the first episode of Atlantis and thought it was pretty good! As for Dr Beckett...I liked him too! The Scottish flag was a nice touch. The Union Jack thing, well the majority of people outisde Britain who see that flag assume England anyway but maybe he got the choice between that and the English flag. The accent's not bad although it sounds a bit forced but it did get better the more he talked so hopefully it'll just keep getting more natural!

I liked the zed / zee thing! Perhaps Beckett and Mackay can join forces for zed!

Comment

The Union Jack is the British flag and some of the cast are wearing this, so it is strange that Beckett wears the St Andrews flag. Paul was born a Scotsman but was brought up in Canada. Bit like Amanda is an Essex girl at heart.
                        jan t
                        jan t

Comment

Originally posted by Fiddlediva
                          I liked the zed / zee thing! Perhaps Beckett and Mackay can join forces for zed!
                          I'm with them. It's definitely zed.

I've only seen one episode so far, but I really like Dr Beckett. And I think he and Rodney will make a great double act. Can't wait to see more!

Has Paul McGillion been added to the regular cast yet? I think he deserves a spot on the title credits.
                          "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

He should have a spot in the title credits, but it's that nasty contract thing. I think he will become a larger character than Fraiser did in SG-1 though. Maybe in a few seasons...
                            Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                            RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
                              He should have a spot in the title credits, but it's that nasty contract thing. I think he will become a larger character than Fraiser did in SG-1 though. Maybe in a few seasons...
                              Beckett is in one of the first season main cast photos and he does have individual photos, so he's definitely being treated almost like a main cast member. And Beckett had his own episode, too.

Here's hoping for full main cast status soon!

My kind of guy:
                              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                                Beckett is in one of the first season main cast photos and he does have individual photos, so he's definitely being treated almost like a main cast member. And Beckett had his own episode, too.

Here's hoping for full main cast status soon!
                                It depends on what the contract states really. I mean, Fraiser got as much character developement as Hammond and didn't make the credits. Unfortunately it all comes down to money.

It is sad that Ford is in the credits and we don't have as much of a sense of him as we do Beckett...

Comment

Working...
                                X