Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mentioned this is another thread, but here goes again: Perhaps this character is related to Dr. Samuel Beckett of "Quantum Leap."

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

It'd be awesome if as a little in joke, he says something like that. "My entire family is made up of some kind of doctor. Most recent was my cousin Samuel." Or something like that. ^.^

~Lucia
      This is OTAKUDOM-
      I mean.... This is STARGATEDOM!

IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

Comment

I'm American and I think every other accent is cooler then American accent, excepting Canadian.

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
          I'm American and I think every other accent is cooler then American accent, excepting Canadian.
          You say that as if we 'merkins don't have accents wildly different from each other! Exactly what is an "American" accent, anyway?

(That coming from someone who grew up in the Deep South, spends a lot of time in Coastal New England and currently lives in Ka-li-for-nee-ah...and who loves Beckett's accent)
          Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
          O'Neill: Who doesn't?
          - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
          - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
          once done, cannot be undone...
          brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Dr. Beckett Rocks! I love his accent too. If you couldn't guess, I'm American (a lot of us have some kind of odd fixation on accents outside of the US).
            Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
            RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

I think he's a pretty good guy. He keeps his head relatively cool under pressure.

Not like McKay who bugs out all the time over nothing.

Comment

That's why they should get those two to have conversations with each other, they're like perfect foils.
                Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

I enjoy his accent as well. As for all his video clips having an north american accent - Once a Scot always a Scot!

I spent 8 of my formative years in Virginia. When I moved here to Colorado my friend said I had so much of a southen accent it made her sick! That was quite a few years ago and now very few would even guess I've lived outside the state. But it's VERY easy to put on the accent, or get me 'round a southerner and I'll slip right into the drawl!

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana
                    Taadaa! look what I found! Paul McGillion Official Website Apparantly he WAS born in Paisley, Scotland, which is just outisde Glasgow. It does not mention here when he moved to North America.
                    Respect Indiana ,and thanks for posting Paul's site info .

So,Paisley. (I thought I recognised his accent as either Paisley,or Cumbernauld !)
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
                      I thought his voice was annoying. I'll get used to it though.
                      Personally, I love the accent. I've always loved Scottish accents, maybe that's why I want to move to Scotland. But in regards to Beckett, I love the character, he's funny. I hope we'll be able to see a lot more of him in upcoming episodes. And I'd also like to see him made a regular cast member.
                      - Naginata (aka Jonthan)

WACKO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                        Respect Indiana ,and thanks for posting Paul's site info .

So,Paisley. (I thought I recognised his accent as either Paisley,or Cumbernauld !)
                        Are you from Scotland yourself or England?

I know you say on ur Info ur from U.K.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
                        from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

I am indeed a Scot !
                          Born in Edinburgh .Most of my family still live near Edinburgh,and I've loads of pals from different areas of the Motherland !

I moved to England, as there wasn't much work available in the early 80's .Found work,got married and stayed South. Such is life !

I'm really glad to see Beckett in SG-A .

Go Scotland ! Oh,yes...go Atlantis too !
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 21 August 2004, 04:44 AM. Reason: Removing some non-essential info.
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Lucia Tanaka
                            It'd be awesome if as a little in joke, he says something like that. "My entire family is made up of some kind of doctor. Most recent was my cousin Samuel." Or something like that. ^.^

~Lucia
                            Wait for it.....lol

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I really like the character and hope he gets more air time. He totally cracks me up. I am not sure if McKay is supposed to the humerous character, but I find Dr. Beckett funnier. The accent is great!
                              Last edited by Kliggins; 12 August 2004, 12:58 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

I think McKay is like the sarcastic type, whre Beckett is well...he's pretty sarcastic too, isn't he?

Comment

Working...
                                X