This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup - Carson's a Scot alright!!!

I'm delighted - it's about time we got a decent, intelligent Scottish role model on TV!!! And one who's not so hideously, cringeworthingly stereotypical either!!

Comment

numb, it's obvious from your posts that you hate everything about Atlantis, that you will never be able to tolerate anything about it and that you find it flat-out impossible to accept the show and its characters on their own merits because it's just a "knock-off" of SG-1.

With an attitude like that, why are you even posting in the Atlantis folder? You like SG-1? Fine, go ahead and post on the SG-1 topics. The point of this forum is to discuss and debate subjects. You aren't interested in debate where Atlantis is concerned, all you want to do is tell us how much you HATE HATE HATE it. There's no way to argue with that since you'll dismiss anything anyone says and you'll continue to blindly bash everything that gets in the way of your narrow viewpoint.

If you had VALID concerns about the show (something a bit deeper than "it's not SG-1") and if you showed any kind of interest in actually discussing the subject, I'd say more power to you. But pointless mean-spirited yapping accomplishes nothing. Go back to the SG-1 topics and let us enjoy our show without your trolling.

Thanks kindly.

(personally, I love Beckett's accent, though I'm not qualified to judge how "good" it is)

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        numb, it's obvious from your posts that you hate everything about Atlantis, that you will never be able to tolerate anything about it and that you find it flat-out impossible to accept the show and its characters on their own merits because it's just a "knock-off" of SG-1.

With an attitude like that, why are you even posting in the Atlantis folder? You like SG-1? Fine, go ahead and post on the SG-1 topics. The point of this forum is to discuss and debate subjects. You aren't interested in debate where Atlantis is concerned, all you want to do is tell us how much you HATE HATE HATE it. There's no way to argue with that since you'll dismiss anything anyone says and you'll continue to blindly bash everything that gets in the way of your narrow viewpoint.

If you had VALID concerns about the show (something a bit deeper than "it's not SG-1") and if you showed any kind of interest in actually discussing the subject, I'd say more power to you. But pointless mean-spirited yapping accomplishes nothing. Go back to the SG-1 topics and let us enjoy our show without your trolling.

Thanks kindly.

(personally, I love Beckett's accent, though I'm not qualified to judge how "good" it is)

Let me say, i never sad ATLANTIS is not a good show. I just don't like certain characters in the show. But if you want to discuss the esence of each episode, i am more than willing to do that.

This forum is my favorite. i don't post a lot, coz generally i agre with the people who post here. Once again: i posted my oppinion and nothing else! There was nothing personal in the post, just my expression of bad choise!
        The show is great, but it could be greater! That is always open for debate!

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by nUMb
          Let me say, i never sad ATLANTIS is not a good show.
          And from SG-1 and Atlantis renewed:

Originally posted by nUMb
          I don't really care for Atlantis!

Copy is never as good as the Original!
          There's also a difference between "stating your opinion" and mindlessly bashing someone/something. Do you have any REAL grievances against Beckett or do you simply hate him because he has an accent?

Do you have any ACTUAL complaints about McKay? Or is he just "a jerk"?

You don't even explain WHY you feel the way you do, you just make blanket statements about trivialities and expect that to act as the sum total of your opinion.

Having an accent is punishable by death? Gods help 99% of the people on Earth, if that's the case.

Being a jerk (again, with no explanation as to why) makes you a candidate for Wraith food? Again, a goodly portion of the world would probably supply the Wraith if that were the case.

The watch words of the day, kiddies, are "constructive criticism".

Comment

Originally posted by DANIquinn
            Anyone hear (or read) the news: Paul McGillion has been made a series regular for S2! Which means he should have his name in the opening credits and be in most, if not all, of the episodes.
            I just saw the news and I think it's fantastic. Can't wait to see more of Paul next season!
            "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

Yeah, for the great news!!! My best friend loves Stargate as much as I do(both sg1 and atlantis) but we can't agree on any favourite characters (She always hates my favourites). Apart from Beckett. That's the one thing we agree on. Plus I love his accent, it's nice to listen to. Adds variety.
              ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

I said it before, but I am going to say it again, "Yay Paul! Congratulations! Way to go!"

Comment

Originally posted by unowhoandwhy
                  I said it before, but I am going to say it again, "Yay Paul! Congratulations! Way to go!"

Ditto and hip-hip-hooray!

Comment

Ah, good news for the Dr. Carson Beckett character! And congratulations to Paul! I knew this would happen, his character works so well with the others.

And, with Sheppard and/or McKay getting hurt on practically every mission, we were going to see the good doctor in almost every episode anyway.

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Good Heavens! Was I the last post to this thread back in Dec? Gee!

Anyway, I just found out that apparently Paul McGillion had a birthday on Jan 5, the same day as Joe Flanigan. Joe was 38 and Paul was 36. If I could get some independent confirmation, I would appreciate it.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Yep, Paul's Birthday was January 5th (confirmed by Paul himself), not sure if the age is accurate but the Scottish Daily Mirror reported him as being 35 last year, that would make his birth date 5th Jan 1969.

You can find out info, current news and much more on Paul at http://paulmcgillion.tjuk.net

I'd suggest http://themajor.net to confirm Joe's Birthday but as far as I'm aware thats also correct.

TJ

Comment

Originally posted by TJuk
                          Yep, Paul's Birthday was January 5th (confirmed by Paul himself), not sure if the age is accurate but the Scottish Daily Mirror reported him as being 35 last year, that would make his birth date 5th Jan 1969.
                          Oh, it was last year's Scottish Daily Mirror. No wonder I couldn't find a reference this year. Thanks.

Happy belated birthday to the good Doctor, er, Paul!

My kind of guy:

Comment

While watching The Eye, I was wonder if Beckett had some Welsh blood in him. I have heard that the Welsh love to talk. Or the Scottish love to talk, also.

Comment

Working...
                            X