Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't realise Rachel wore a wig for her part as Teyla. You learn something new every day.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
    from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

Ok, this is kinda OT, but it's about Scottish accents. I just saw Craig Ferguson guest hosting The Late Late Show on CBS this week. He has the nicest Scottish accent! Ferguson played Drew Carey's boss on The Drew Carey Show. On the show, he had an English accent. Ferguson is from Glascow.

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I met Paul McGillion at SG8. He is gorgeous, I now have a totally new crush. I thought Dr Beckett was wonderful after Poisioning the Well, and now he's pretty much established as my favourite character. I just hope they make him a regular cast member for season two. And I think the banter between him and Rodney is very good! Very amusing.

And the Scottish flag...I'm English, and I think it's right Carson should wear the Scottish flag. If only the English character wore the cross of St George and not the UJ
        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

I think that he's kindove cute. And I realy like his accent!
          *Rachel Luttrel* "Where are the bathrooms on Atlantis?" Now what the heck kinda question is that?

Comment

Someone tell me if this is true. Is Beckett going to be a major character next season or is he staying recurring?

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
              Someone tell me if this is true. Is Beckett going to be a major character next season or is he staying recurring?
              I would be very surprised if Beckett ever became a regular, for the simple reason that the show doesn't really need a "medical doctor" character in every episode.
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Actually, Beckett was only supposed to be in 4 or 5 of the shows the first season, but they liked Paul so much they added him into all but one of the last half of the season. They even filmed the scene with his mum long after all the other scenes for Rising had been done.

And, they listed him as one of the "stars" on the official press release abou Season 2, so that is a good sign. A lot of people have written (or at least e-mailed) Bridge Studios about Beckett & how they really like him & want to see him as a regular character.

I was also VERY happy to see that they recognized Paul's gorgeousness & have changed the official cast photos of him from "frumpy ole country doctor" to "Scottish hottie kissing hot alien chick".

Comment

I also really love the character of Beckett. So does my best friend. Actually, Beckett is how I got her into Atantis. She didn't watch Stargate SG-1 and was resistant to seeing the new series, but then I told her about Beckett, and well, now she's really into the show. Anyway, I don't really care if he becomes a main character or not, just as long as I continue to see him every once in a while .

And that's my two cents...
                  My LiveJournal
                  ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

Oh well... he's still a main character to me
                    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Anyone hear (or read) the news: Paul McGillion has been made a series regular for S2! Which means he should have his name in the opening credits and be in most, if not all, of the episodes.

And that's my two cents...
                      My LiveJournal
                      ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

Here is link to read the news, I think it's fab news.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2004/1...ntisireg.shtml
                        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Yes, good for him! I guess he's practically a regular already, might as well make it official. I didn't expect it to actually happen, though.
                          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Congratulations to Paul! I was hoping this news was coming, especially since they named him as one of the stars. I am so glad that TPTB recognized talent & put him in more episodes than planned (quite a few more, actually). But I am even more enthused that they will be recognizing that talent with a name in the opening credits!

Comment

Yay!, he's a deserving character, for sure.
                              Last edited by catscan; 08 December 2004, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Hate the man! He should learn to speak! It's common for people to speak alike when they are together for a longer period of time! HE DOESNT! They should replace him, or rather he should die

Even that Zelenska guy (or whatever his name is) speaks english better then thi guy!

Comment

Working...
                                X