Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed the Scotland flag too and thought it was cool. He also reminded me of Billy Boyd. I like the character too. I think he will be more involved than Frasier was with SG1

I haven't been able to find any bio info on the actor, so I wonder if he is from Glasgow or not?

Comment

Is the actor not Canadian? Did he have a Scottish accent in The Torment of Tantalus when he played the Young Ernest Littlefield? He certainly didnt sound like he was from Glasgow though, trust me...I'm from there and so is my dad and we both agreed it was not a Glasweigan accent.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
      from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana
        Is the actor not Canadian? Did he have a Scottish accent in The Torment of Tantalus when he played the Young Ernest Littlefield? He certainly didnt sound like he was from Glasgow though, trust me...I'm from there and so is my dad and we both agreed it was not a Glasweigan accent.
        He could be Canadian since he was in a lot of shows filmed in Canada. He did not have the Scottish accent in Torment of Tantalus.

BTW I assumed he was Scottish because most Actors I've heard doing a Scottish accent in TV usually went for the "generic Scot" of Scotty of Star Trek or Groundskeeper Willie. Maybe he's trying for a Glaswegian accent but isn't good enough to fool a native Scot.

Comment

I really like Dr. Beckett. For one thing, the guy comes across as incredibly humble. He must be very bright to be selected for the expedition and very brave to join it, yet his demeanor shows none of the narcissism or false bravado. In fact, he seems no different from the shy guy next door who happens to be the expert in his chosen profession. I also find his self-deprecating sense of humor very unaffected and, hence, funny and endearing.
          In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

He had one of the best laugh out loud lines,

Beckett: "How come I never get friends like that?"
            McKay: "You need to get out more"
            Beckett: "We're in another Galaxy, how more out can you get?"

Comment

This is one of the funniest moments in the show. I think the conversations between McKay and Beckett would funny in the series because they never seem to get a love life so far.
              Last edited by greytop; 20 July 2004, 08:24 AM. Reason: a word was nigth migth give off another meaning

Comment

I really like Dr. Beckett I hope that he does have a bigger role in the show than Dr. Fraiser. Another really funny line was when while sitting in the Ancient chair he said to McKay "Wait, I think I feel something.....it might be lunch related." that was really funny too

Comment

I thought his voice was annoying. I'll get used to it though.
                  "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

His accent is Scottish. I guess us Scots find your lots voices as equally annoying, but we get used to them also

Comment

No self respecting Scottsman would unless they were forced to ...... Take it from a Scotsman himself... but I would like to know if he is Scottish. McGillion is a Clan in Scotland associated with the McBrides as is my clan Mac Ghobhainn (Gaelic).

Comment

I feel kinda like O'Neill here..."it's one T" There's another Scot with two t's, he's a name of a person and not a country...they also have no sense of humour

Comment

Failte! I've been trying to find a bio on Paul McGillion but can't find anything but his film credits. I'm asking the same thing... is he from Scotland? There is a Clan McGillion which has ties to the Clan McBride as does mine, the Clan MacGowan.

Comment

Taadaa! look what I found! Paul McGillion Official Website Apparantly he WAS born in Paisley, Scotland, which is just outisde Glasgow. It does not mention here when he moved to North America.

There is a demo reel also and his accent is north American in all but the last clip, which is Scottish and is not SG:A.

I found the link on his IMDB page and saw there was no mention of it in this thread so posted it. I had written a longer post, but grrr...my PC crashed before I hit submit.

Comment

Setting Beckett up to be gay!

I'm surprised he's not up with the headliners. He's the 6th banana. He certainly grabbed my attention. We'll have to see how long it takes for him to get on the opening credits!

Comment

Taadaa! look what I found! Paul McGillion Official Website Apparantly he WAS born in Paisley, Scotland, which is just outisde Glasgow. It does not mention here when he moved to North America.

There is a demo reel also and his accent is north American in all but the last clip, which is Scottish and is not SG:A.
                                Thank you so much for finding this! I've been wondering if McGillion's accent was authentic or not. It sounded a little "overdone" to me in the premiere but I don't hear many Scottish accents here in Texas (except on TV of course).

The one time I visited Scotland (years ago) there certainly seemed to be a wide variation between the accent in southern Scotland and northern Scotland. I remember that very well as I truly had a difficult time communicating in northern Scotland. LOL!

Love the character and look forward to his further development.
                                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                                X