X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh so wrong...

Originally posted by divineshadow
    1. First of all, let me say Stargate: Atlantis really really SUCKS, big time. Why?, you might ask. Here's why, it has the same basic premise as Star Trek: Voyager which really really sucked big time also. Both casts of Stargate: Atlantis and Star Trek: Voyager are transported far far away and both are struggling to get home while managing to anger lots of aliens along the way.
    The premise of Atlantis isn't that they get stuck in another galaxy, it's that they are searching for the technology of the Ancients! If you had read anything you'd know that the only reason they are stuck there is because SciFi wanted Atlantis and SG-1 to run concurrently, and this stops the two shows from interfering with each other. Your point is invalid.

2. I knew Stargate: Atlantis was going to suck from the moment that I heard the title of the new show contained the word 'Atlantis'. Will somebody please tell Hollywood to get over its fascination with Atlantis. Whatever the real Atlantis was like, it would have been in no way as advanced as the countries of today. In fact, it probably wasn't even as advanced as medieval Europe. There's an idea, Stargate: Medieval Europe.
    You know the show is made in Vancouver right? This Atlantis was created by powerful aliens, you point is invalid.

3. Atlantis has an incredibly stupid plot. 'Hey, we just discovered a dark room on another planet in another galaxy. We don't know if we can get back, so let's send about 60 people to find out.' Yeah, really smart. Sign me up. When do we leave?
    Did you even watch the show, or did you kinda just walk in and see the word Atlantis written on the TV? They were already assembling the team to go if they found the city, and they did, and they all agreed to go knowing that there was a good chance they couldn't go home. It was pretty obviously shown, so another invalid point.

4. I bet that they will go 7 or 8 years without anyone at Stargate Command (SGC) coming up with the idea, 'Hey let's contact the Asgaard and ask them to send a ship to pick up the group.' I mean they're only in the Pegasus Galaxy, a satellite galaxy of the Milky Way Galaxy. They could get there in no time. Besides, the Asgaard would probably be very interested in looking around the Lost City of the Ancients. Of course, General O'Neill would have to admit to the Asgaard, 'Yep, we screwed up again.'
    It's Asgard, and the Pegasus Galaxy is a satellite of Andromeda, not the Milky Way. The Asgard could go there, but then that would interfere with the two shows, the only reason the team are stuck in the first place. Also, the Asgard aren't there to serve SGC's will, they do have Replicators to deal with.

5. Now for the Wraiths, H.G. Wells and the producers of the movie, The Time Machine (2002) called and they want their Morlocks back. The Wraiths are such an obvious rip off of the Morlocks, right down to the light blue skin, long hair, and the fact that they both eat humans. In fact, one Wraith, the white haired one who was the lieutenant to the red haired Wraith, looked almost exactly like Jeremy Irons' character in The Time Machine. The Wraiths are cartoonish, they have no depth of character. The Goa'uld were interesting villains because most of the prominent ones were intelligent and had some sophistication, for example, Apophis (the best Goa'uld in my opinion), Baal, Lord Yu, Osiris, and Nerti. Anubis wasn't that great.
    You can't judge the depth of an entire race from seeing them for 10 minutes. The Time Machine was terrible anyway, and I'm pretty sure H. G. Wells didn't come up with what they did. The Goa'uld, for the most part, were far from intelligent and too cocky (were still great villians however).

6. The newer version stargates look silly. They resemble the fake stargate on the fake show Wormhole X-treme.
    You don't like the gate? I suppose the uniforms are crap too? Yup, well, the show is crap then, it must be cancelled!

Are flashing lights on a stargate really an advancement in technology for the people who built the stargates? I think the Ancients could have incorporated flashing lights on the older stargates as well.
    ... I'm sure they could have, but why would they bother to go around and change thousands of fully functional gates in our galaxy?

7. I was disappointed when I heard that Jessica Steen (Dr. Weir) was dropping out of the show. I've always liked her. She has a friendly and fun personality which would have really been an asset to the show. Besides, she's really good eye candy, in spite of the fact she's pushing 40. Considering the two hour pilot for Atlantis, I'm not surprised that she wanted to jump ship. This stinker would have ruined her career.
    She didn't "jump ship", she was replaced by the PTB by Torri Higgonson.

8. As for Torri Higginson (Dr. Weir), she's rather bland looking. As for her personality, one word: BORING!
    Torri is quite hot, most people will agree with that. And I don't think personal insults to actors are allowed here...

9. As for the character of Dr. McKay, why would the producers include the most annoying character from SG-1 in this show? The character is a weasel. It would have been better to put Dom DeLuise's character of Urgo in the lineup or maybe Harlan the android who always says "comtrya!".
    Amazing, since he's by far the most popular character in the show, and was a popular character when he was in SG-1 too...

10. It was a big mistake to get rid of Robert Patrick's character, Col. Sumner. Robert Patrick has a strong personality and a good presence. He would have been a good asset for the show.
    Sure, do YOU want to pay for him then?

11. In conclusion, I'll probably continue to watch Atlantis for the same reason I watched Star Trek: Voyager to the end, just to see how bad it can get. I won't look forward to it each week, like Stargate SG-1.
    Now, that is just incredibly stupid. If you don't like it, DON'T WATCH IT! Then you don't have to waste our time complaining about the show every week.

Nearly all your points are void, thus your opinion of the show's quality is based on flawed information, and you need to re-evaluate your opinion, and base it on correct information.

Comment

Hey Teal'c we're off topic now, keep up.
      *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
      McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Originally posted by deluzion
        OK, Dad.
        Don't get sarcastic with me!
        Go to your room!
        No TV or computer for 1 month.

Comment

Teal'c is correct though my young son.

Comment

I wasn't planning on replying to the original rant, but I will mention this since I've seen this complaint elsewhere as well:
            It was a big mistake to get rid of Robert Patrick's character, Col. Sumner. Robert Patrick has a strong personality and a good presence. He would have been a good asset for the show.
            A "mistake" to get rid of his character... Gimme a break. It's not like it was ever an option to keep him around. He was a guest star, FCOL! And a "big name" one at that!
            Last edited by Ugly Pig; 19 July 2004, 01:09 PM. Reason: Small fix...
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
              Hey Teal'c we're off topic now, keep up.
              Yes, you just keep pumping up that post count there...

Comment

He's doing so quite shamelessly I might add.
                Hey...

...shutup

Comment

He's doing so quite shamelessly I might add.
                  And just how many posts have you made that point that out?
                  Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Lets get this on-topic. Make up stuff that's bad about Atlantis, or make something up!

I'll go first:

Why did McKay have to go through the gate naked?

Comment

Two... working on my third.
                      Doesn't that count as your third

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                        Lets get this on-topic. Make up stuff that's bad about Atlantis, or make something up!

I'll go first:

Why did McKay have to go through the gate naked?
                        Because hes Mckay

Comment

Ring around the rosies, pocket full of posies, ashes, ashes, we all fall down!
                          So true

Comment

My problem with Stargate: Atlantis is that they get to have all that cool Ancient technology without having to look for it. With SG-1 they had to fight for everything they have and suddenly in Atlantis they get everything handed too them without any real effort. The tech is part of what makes it fun to watch and while it will be cool to see them use the tech in Atlantis I think that it will get boring real fast. Hope it doesn't but overall I am hopeful about Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by rhade
                              My problem with Stargate: Atlantis is that they get to have all that cool Ancient technology without having to look for it. With SG-1 they had to fight for everything they have and suddenly in Atlantis they get everything handed too them without any real effort. The tech is part of what makes it fun to watch and while it will be cool to see them use the tech in Atlantis I think that it will get boring real fast. Hope it doesn't but overall I am hopeful about Atlantis.
                              The effort is what SG-1 did, remember Lost City? SG-1 would have the cool technology too, except the scientists are stuck in Pegasus

Comment

I know what the writers will do with Atlantis. For the first couple of seasons they will be in the Pegasus galaxy, then as soon as SG-1 is off the air, they will come back to Earth.
                                "Basically, what I'm saying is that I am colossally flawed, so if you don't like my opinions, exercise your freedoms and disagree. Or, quite frankly, don't read any further, as that is also your right." (Micheal Shanks' TV Guide Blog, May 17, 2007)

Comment

Working...
                                X