Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did ya kind of notice how their whole civilization was destroyed, or being destroyed? Haha...
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by divineshadow
      1. First of all, let me say Stargate: Atlantis really really SUCKS, big time. Why?, you might ask. Here's why, it has the same basic premise as Star Trek: Voyager which really really sucked big time also. Both casts of Stargate: Atlantis and Star Trek: Voyager are transported far far away and both are struggling to get home while managing to anger lots of aliens along the way.
      I think going far from home voluntarily (Stargate Atlantis) or involuntarily (Star Trek Voyager) is quite a difference.

Originally posted by divineshadow
      4. I bet that they will go 7 or 8 years without anyone at Stargate Command (SGC) coming up with the idea, 'Hey let's contact the Asgaard and ask them to send a ship to pick up the group.' I mean they're only in the Pegasus Galaxy, a satellite galaxy of the Milky Way Galaxy.
      1. The Asgards are busy

2. Pegasus dSph is a companion galaxy of the M31 (Andromeda). It is about 2.5 million light years away.

Comment

They weren't completely destroyed, they still had ships and who knows how many other Asgard planets there are left.
        *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
        McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

I think Orilla is their last planet that has Asgard civilization, i think that because Thor said if they can't save Orilla, it would be the end for the Asgard. And ya, i guess the ships were needed to protect the planet, but yah, since they didn't tell us how much ships they had left, its a mystery
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
            I think Orilla is their last planet that has Asgard civilization, i think that because Thor said if they can't save Orilla, it would be the end for the Asgard. And ya, i guess the ships were needed to protect the planet, but yah, since they didn't tell us how much ships they had left, its a mystery
            If Orilla is the Asgards last planet, that would be pretty pathetic.
            I'm sure there has gotta be other planets left in Ida that have Asgards on them.

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
              If Orilla is the Asgards last planet, that would be pretty pathetic.
              I'm sure there has gotta be other planets left in Ida that have Asgards on them.
              The replicators probably wiped those planets clean.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                The replicators probably wiped those planets clean.
                All of em...
                So that would mean the Asgard are starting from scratch with Orilla.
                That sucks

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
                  All of em...
                  So that would mean the Asgard are starting from scratch with Orilla.
                  That sucks
                  Well, they obviously have their ships, which can apparently synthesize nearly any object they need.
                  sigpic

Comment

We are lead to believe the replicators whiped all of teh Asgard planets clean, yes.

Comment

They probably have alot of material on board. So it can't make things out of air, but it takes from the materials on board and synthesises anything they need.

Comment

Unless they can somehow split energy into matter and antimatter, and throw away the antimatter.
                        sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing some AntiMatter based weapon. Ship-to-Ship in space that is.

Comment

Hey, according to chemistry, atoms can neither be created nor destroyed, so they must be using some resource when replicating.

Comment

And physics say nothing can move >c

And we know how to create AntiProtons now in real life. I believe they create 0.1 gram / year.

Comment

oooohhh So would love to see ship-to-ship anti-matter/matter reaction. Talk about a big bang!! Anyway, Neutronium, boy is that a generic SF name that's popped up in many SF stories, is probably very dense and can be split at the atomic/sub-atomic level to make anyhting they need.

Comment

Working...
                                X