This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
    Why is this thread even around anymore? The original poster was a troll and hasn't been back, and it doesn't look like anyone else here think Atlantis sucks. So, where's the debate?
    C'mon, Piggy...let's go find one!

Agreed. Thread is dead. Of course, I'm not helping...so I'll shut up now.
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Agent
      HAHAhAHA ya right. Farscape's ratings sucked harsh why would sci fi be stupid enough to spend money on that. Stargate however, has ratings going through the roof. And as I am writing this Stargate Atlantis has had the highest ratings ever for a series on SCI FI. Farscape never even made it close to that. As O'neill said one "There is always one of you in a crowd."
      Of course it had high ratings - it had been hyped to death and it followed a new season premier of SG-1. It would have been amazing if it hadn't scored high.

Even I watched it and I now think SGA is very bad. Bad acting, bad editing, bad plots, no imagination. I'll give it a few more viewings but if it doesn;t get better fast I won;t bother. Tries too hard to be funny and just comes across as dumb. No suspense with all the jokes. Tired old story lines just set in a new gate room.

Comment

Originally posted by divineshadow
        1. First of all, let me say Stargate: Atlantis really really SUCKS, big time. Why?, you might ask. Here's why, it has the same basic premise as Star Trek: Voyager which really really sucked big time also. Both casts of Stargate: Atlantis and Star Trek: Voyager are transported far far away and both are struggling to get home while managing to anger lots of aliens along the way.
        I'm not even going to bother reading the numerous pages between the first post and this one, but I have to point out if it hasn't already been that while Voyager and Atlantis have the same basic premise, the aformentioned transportation to somewhere far away, but this is where the similarities end, period. In Voyager they didn't have a choice, they just got shot out into a different quadrant of space, while Atlantis every single person CHOSE to go. Which also kills your sarcastic entry about going to another galaxy and being stuck there. Lastly, if both Voyager and Atlantis didn't "anger lots of aliens along the way" the the show's wouldn't be at all interesting. Are you trying to say you just want to see a show where everyone is friends and theres no conflict at all? If you do I'm sure Barney is a perfect show for you. While you did a good job with listing quite a few reasons for you not to watch the show it's not going to change anyone here's opinion of the show, so I have to wonder why the heck you posted this at all. Attention-whore anyone?

Comment

wait...if this person is hating atlantis but watching it...that means they're all for keeping it going...

if all ppl who hate things like this keep watching then of course it'll never go off the air...

MORONS

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
          Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
          Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Startrek Voyager sucked. It remains to be seen if Atlantis will suck.

Comment

DIVINESHADOW RESPONDS!!!

1. First of all, I would like to say STARGATE ATLANTIS STILL SUCKS!!
              2. I was inspired to write my scathing review of Stargate Atlantis titled STARGATE ATLANTIS SUCKS! because I felt that the much hyped show was an insult to my superior intellect. When I watch a scifi series, I would like to learn something of value every now and then. I want a show that occasionally stimulates my mind. [Mod snip] I don’t want a show that is so illogical and has so many big plotholes that you could fly a Goa’uld Mothership through them.
              3. Some people on this thread have called me a troll. My people consider that term to be very insultive. I am actually an Underpants Gnome from South Park, Colorado.
              4. The foundation of this show is that they are stuck on Atlantis without enough power to get back to Earth. STUPID!!! Stargate Command could use the device that O’Neill built when he had the knowledge of the Ancients in his head, the first time, to power Earth’s stargate. O’Neill used it to gate to the Asgaard’s home galaxy, I think it would do the job to successfully gate to the Milky Way’s satellite galaxy, Pegasus. Hopefully, they brought it back with them from the alternate universe that had the Samantha Carter who wore that horribly fake wig. With the additional power they could contact the crew and send all the naquadah reactors to the stranded Atlantis crew that they could ever possibly need. The SGC would have one honkin’ big electricity bill for that month, but PROBLEM SOLVED! Of course, they won’t think of this.
              5. For the guy that said that the Pegasus Galaxy is actually a satellite galaxy of the Andromeda Galaxy and not a satellite of the Milky Way Galaxy, why don’t you check out the map of The Local Group of Galaxies at the web address:
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Group
              6. Some people have stated that the difference between Star Trek: Voyager and Stargate Atlantis is that the people went to the City voluntarily and the crew of the Voyager did not go to the Delta Quadrant voluntarily. That is technically true, but the crew of the Voyager did stay in the Delta Quadrant voluntarily. Near the end of the Voyager pilot, Captain Janeway made the decision (and everybody else went along with it) that the crew of Voyager would have to stay behind to make sure that the Caretaker Teleportation Array was destroyed so that no other species could use it. This is why Star Trek: Voyager was fundamentally stupid. Janeway and crew trusted their technology to regularly propel them hundreds of times faster than the speed of light and to dematerialize and rematerialize them, but she did not trust their technology to destroy the Caretaker’s array after they had used it to get back to the Alpha Quadrant. Ughh, come on.
              7. For the person that said I must not be a scientist because I would not have wanted to go on that cockamany, possibly one-way trip to Atlantis. Actually, I am a scientist. I have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biochemistry. I am just not a crazy scientist. I would have preferred to stay at the SGC and conducted experiments to find the most efficient way to get into Lt. Col. Samantha Carter’s pants.
              [Mod snip]
              9. The only additional thing that I want to say about the annoying Dr. McKay is that I am really glad he is NOT wearing a U.S. Flag on his sleeve.
              10. In the episode ‘Hide and Seek’, Dr. Weir said that they could have only brought “one personal item.” Oh my god, they are even ripping off Survivor!
              11. Yes, I am a LEXX fan. I didn’t learn much from this show, except how most of the female stars look naked, but it was a lot of fun anyway. [Mod snip]
              12. I said in STARGATE ATLANTIS SUCKS! that I would occasionally watch this show. After seeing the third episode, ‘Hide and Seek’ and the preview for the fourth episode, I will have to say, NOT. I’m giving up on this turkey. See ya.
              13. Oh yes, one more thing before I go: I HATE TEAL’C WITH HAIR !!!!!

Sincerely,

Divineshadow

May his shadow fall on you.
              Last edited by Feli; 28 July 2004, 06:12 AM. Reason: Family forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                Why is this thread even around anymore? The original poster was a troll and hasn't been back, and it doesn't look like anyone else here think Atlantis sucks. So, where's the debate?
                Well I thought the Atlantis pilot was a pretty lame rehash of CoTG right down to exact dialog and scenes. Really liked Sheppard though and still hope he gets moved over to Stargate SG1 soon.
                ______
                Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Originally posted by GateAngel
                  Well I thought the Atlantis pilot was a pretty lame rehash of CoTG right down to exact dialog and scenes. Really liked Sheppard though and still hope he gets moved over to Stargate SG1 soon.

hey i wanna see the mod snips! you know they gotta be nasty...

Comment

Well, rules are rules and the mods have a rule, mod the rules! Confusing!
                    __

__

Comment

What are mod snips?

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                        Well, rules are rules and the mods have a rule, mod the rules! Confusing!

i have nothing against mods...i should refrain what i said..

you know what the mods snipped has to be nasty...

the mods are generally only slightly evil! even then...they've given me no grief cuz i'm a good girl, sometimes...

Comment

Originally posted by divineshadow
                          DIVINESHADOW RESPONDS!!!
                          Well, thank goodness for that!

2. I was inspired to write my scathing review of Stargate Atlantis titled STARGATE ATLANTIS SUCKS! because I felt that the much hyped show was an insult to my superior intellect.
                          divineshadow...divineshadow...superior intellect...divine shadow...

Stargate Command could use the device that O’Neill built when he had the knowledge of the Ancients in his head, the first time, to power Earth’s stargate. O’Neill used it to gate to the Asgaard’s home galaxy, I think it would do the job to successfully gate to the Milky Way’s satellite galaxy, Pegasus. Hopefully, they brought it back with them from the alternate universe that had the Samantha Carter who wore that horribly fake wig.
                          We never saw that they brought it back from the AU, but there's a long discussion about this somewhere. Basically, I think the answer is "because it's a tv show..."

12. I said in STARGATE ATLANTIS SUCKS! that I would occasionally watch this show. After seeing the third episode, ‘Hide and Seek’ and the preview for the fourth episode, I will have to say, NOT. I’m giving up on this turkey. See ya.
                          Well, you gave it your best, then. Enjoy the reruns of Lexx and maybe Tripping the Rift will get a movie deal.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and yours certainly is one. Thanks for sharing...
                          Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                          O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                          - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                          - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                          once done, cannot be undone...
                          brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Oh, I get it, the mods snipped away part of divineshadow's post. I read it before the mods snipped it so I didn't even realize they had done this. I'm glad they did, it was stuff I really didn't need to know, i.e. definately not PG.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                              Oh, I get it, the mods snipped away part of divineshadow's post. I read it before the mods snipped it so I didn't even realize they had done this. I'm glad they did, it was stuff I really didn't need to know, i.e. definately not PG.
                              i wanna know what it was! someone should email me and tell me o.o

curiosity gets the best of me

Comment

Originally posted by GateAngel
                                Care to point out which parts are rehashed? Dialog transripts are worth bonus points.
                                To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Working...
                                X