This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
    I think its early to judge since we have only seen one episode.
    Technically two
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

To divineshadow :

Well,I'll wait until I see Atlantis for myself, before I let loose my own opinions about the show ,as so far, I've only seen spoilers,pics and interviews.
      I'm looking forward to the show,and I rather like the reviews so far.

Personally,I have no problem if anyone thinks it "Sucks",already...they won't get "Bashed" by me,anyway.

I have to say that I really like McKay being on the team,but if other Posters and Fans detest him,so what ? I don't take it personally !

In fairness to yourself,take EYU86's advice and try to watch a few episodes, before you condemn the show forever .

Sometimes I've taken a few eps to get into a Show myself !(*Cough* Star Trek TNG *Cough*)
      Glad I gave TNG a fair chance,though !
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 July 2004, 10:45 AM.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Just give it some time. I personally like Star Trek Voyager, and I think that I will like Atlantis too. Also, I thing the new gates are really cool looking.
        Spoiler
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -Plus there is an episode coming up where they get to dial home, presumably through getting more zpm's
        We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ship. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Futile

Comment

Although its almost on the same lines, they need advanced tech to get back home, well through my eyes that is.

Comment

Can I assume of your name that you are a Lexx-fan?

Comment

Concrats...your one of the very few people who didnt like it...AKA..nobody cares what you have to say.
              When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
              I miss you.
              Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

Comment

[QUOTE=divineshadow]1. First of all, let me say Stargate: Atlantis really really SUCKS, big time. Why?, you might ask. Here's why, it has the same basic premise as Star Trek: Voyager which really really sucked big time also. Both casts of Stargate: Atlantis and Star Trek: Voyager are transported far far away and both are struggling to get home while managing to anger lots of aliens along the way.

The story on Voyager is that theyw ere struggling to get home..the Atlantis team is NOT struggling to get home...they are exploring. What's the first thing they did at the end of the episode? Weir assigns Shephard to a team...NOT to find a way home, but to explore this new place. So, apparently you don't even understand the plot.

2. I knew Stargate: Atlantis was going to suck from the moment that I heard the title of the new show contained the word 'Atlantis'. Will somebody please tell Hollywood to get over its fascination with Atlantis. Whatever the real Atlantis was like, it would have been in no way as advanced as the countries of today. In fact, it probably wasn't even as advanced as medieval Europe. There's an idea, Stargate: Medieval Europe.

I don't see anything wrong with Atlantis...it fits in perfect with the Stargate mytho. btw...it's been said many times that Egyptions were much more intelligent than we are today..due to the fact they had to use their brain for many more things..and we let ours go to mush letting computers think for us.

3. Atlantis has an incredibly stupid plot. 'Hey, we just discovered a dark room on another planet in another galaxy. We don't know if we can get back, so let's send about 60 people to find out.' Yeah, really smart. Sign me up. When do we leave?

Any scientist would kill for that chance. you're obviously not a scientist.

5. Now for the Wraiths, H.G. Wells and the producers of the movie, The Time Machine (2002) called and they want their Morlocks back. The Wraiths are such an obvious rip off of the Morlocks, right down to the light blue skin, long hair, and the fact that they both eat humans. In fact, one Wraith, the white haired one who was the lieutenant to the red haired Wraith, looked almost exactly like Jeremy Irons' character in The Time Machine. The Wraiths are cartoonish, they have no depth of character. The Goa'uld were interesting villains because most of the prominent ones were intelligent and had some sophistication, for example, Apophis (the best Goa'uld in my opinion), Baal, Lord Yu, Osiris, and Nerti. Anubis wasn't that great.

haha...are you saying that the time machine was an original story?

7. I was disappointed when I heard that Jessica Steen (Dr. Weir) was dropping out of the show. I've always liked her. She has a friendly and fun personality which would have really been an asset to the show. Besides, she's really good eye candy, in spite of the fact she's pushing 40. Considering the two hour pilot for Atlantis, I'm not surprised that she wanted to jump ship. This stinker would have ruined her career.

I didn't like Jessica Steen. Too mellow and weak

9. As for the character of Dr. McKay, why would the producers include the most annoying character from SG-1 in this show? The character is a weasel. It would have been better to put Dom DeLuise's character of Urgo in the lineup or maybe Harlan the android who always says "comtrya!".

Many would disagree more than agree with you.

QUOTE]
                It feels good to be alive.
                Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Actually I care about what he has to say. This is a forum, you say what you think. If everyone was forced to think one way it wouldn't be any interesting.

Comment

Yes, forum practically stands for making opinions, i would understand if people say you disagree with someone, but saying that nobody cares what your saying is one, rude, and second isn't right.

Comment

Thats a good point

Comment

Tell, despite the attention-grabbing strong words in the headlines, I'm thankful he explained his reasons out to us.
                        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

I think you can argue about a lot of his points but he's definetly right about the Asgard.
                          I really loved Stargate until they had to think of one ridiciolous explanation after another why the Asgard can't help.
                          -They're too busy
                          -They're nearly all dead
                          -They can't spare a single ship
                          -They can't come to the phone

Yet, everytime THEY need help they have a ship to spare, do a little smalltalk, take what they want and say goodbye "Don't call us....."

That's called a plot hole (better a plot black hole) so big, it's an insult to every interested viewer.
                          And since they continue that in Atlantis right from the first episode on (it started to suck in SG1 after they bottled up the replicators) I won't be expecting much in terms of loigic and continuity

Comment

Actually, they're more like a deus ex machina, IMHO, but who's counting?

Comment

loved voyager, love atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by frogger1108
                                I think you can argue about a lot of his points but he's definetly right about the Asgard.
                                I really loved Stargate until they had to think of one ridiciolous explanation after another why the Asgard can't help.
                                -They're too busy
                                -They're nearly all dead
                                -They can't spare a single ship
                                -They can't come to the phone

Yet, everytime THEY need help they have a ship to spare, do a little smalltalk, take what they want and say goodbye "Don't call us....."

That's called a plot hole (better a plot black hole) so big, it's an insult to every interested viewer.
                                And since they continue that in Atlantis right from the first episode on (it started to suck in SG1 after they bottled up the replicators) I won't be expecting much in terms of loigic and continuity
                                Yea, the whole Asgard thing is pretty mysterious
                                We're never busy and can always help them out, but they can't spare one ship, even a Belliskner type ship would be fine.
                                *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
                                McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Working...
                                X