Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Event (NBC) - News/Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers to be tagged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    The show was okay. The flashbacks got annoying but the mystery and action kept my entertained through out the episode. Especially that ending. For spoiler reasons I won't mention in detail but it shocked me. Now to the ratings....

The Event got a 7.5 HH 18-49 and scored 11 million viewers for its premiere

\http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/09/21/tv-ratings-monday-dancing-castle-two-and-a-half-men-up-lone-star-no-star-the-event-hawaii-five-0/6433
    are these numbers good for a new show?.... i am not sure...
    sigpic

Comment

I rather liked it. It's not the best I've ever watched, but I'll stick with it for now.
      Last edited by EvilSpaceAlien; 21 September 2010, 09:41 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
        are these numbers good for a new show?.... i am not sure...
        I don't know yet. We'll see how far the numbers decline after the premiere
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I don't know yet. We'll see how far the numbers decline after the premiere
          I can't speak for other viewers, but I'm committed to at least one more week. The thing is:

1) Whatever "The Event" is it can't be stupid (so far it looks kinda cool)
          2) Nor can they leave it a complete mystery too long (seems like that won't be the case)

I will add, it seems like a pretty well thought out cast up to this point, which is cool.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
            I rather liked it. It's the best I've ever watched, but I'll stick with it for now.
            you mean its not the best ive ever watched, dont you?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
              you mean its not the best ive ever watched, dont you?
              D'oh! Fixing it now.
              sigpic

Comment

I watched the premiere, and thought it was pretty good. I will definitely give this show a shot, and see how things go. One thing is for sure - I want some answers about what is going on. Not just more and more questions piled on.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i think the main thing that had me watching....there was nothing else on.

it was okay. interesting, but the flash backs got really annoying really fast

Spoiler:
                  i think one thing that's gonna bug me is the one guy being 'erased'. I hate that powerlessness. (and any one wanna take a bet that one of the other 'side' will be outed by wearing the fiancee's ring?)

at this point in time it's worth another viewing, but it'd quickly become expendable if something better was competing
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Did anyone else feel like they needed a flow chart while watching this? I don't mind flashbacks because well I made it through 6 seasons of LOST! But this one episode was really making me feel dizzy. I hope there won't be so much jumping around because it does seem like an interesting show.
                    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I got the feeling from the previews that one: It was being hyped waay to much (my dad and I got sick of seeing at least one or two commercials for it during every commercial break during Chuck, okay, we get it, it's on in an hour!) but aside from that, these types of shows I only get into if they make it past a second season (unless it's part of a franchise like Stargate that I love), because otherwise, like FlashForward, what's the point? Also the fact that from the previews they were totally ripping off Lost with the whole style of the series was really turning me off, especially with Lost having recently gone off the air.
                      That is just my two cents.

Comment

Any scoop on what comes next on The Event? I'm so confused already! — Colin
                        Spoiler:
                        MICKEY: The producers promised that they'd be doling out answers quickly, and they weren't lying! Episode 2 reveals both how Sophia and the other 96 detainees of Inastranka came to our country and where that disappearing jet (with Michael and Sean on board) went. Both answers involve crashes. On the other hand, when President Martinez asks more difficult questions — namely, how and why did those two events occur? — Sophia is not forthcoming.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...e-1023393.aspx

Comment

I think the first episode of The Event was a great sci-fi thriller.

I truly love the way the flashback were done and I think the characters are all pretty interesting not only for their personal life which I rarely care on tv but about how they react to the plot like in any good thriller. I think every scenes were really well written and made sense. Contrary to lets say 'Person Unknown' in which the reaction of the character don't make sense even it it was watchable for the plot. Same with Flashforward or with Lost in season beyond the second season in which the characters reactions didn't make sense anymore considering their background and motivations. Season 1 and 2 of Lost was incredibly great though in term of characters reactions to the peripety while the plot always added some mysteries over other mysteries.
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I agree with everyone that the first episode was kinda confusing but still promising with a "WTF was that?!" ending. I'm also glad to see Laura Innes in a new show. I loved her in ER.

Comment

I am glad that we will apparently be getting some answers in tomorrow nights episode.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

That was actually a pretty damn good episode! Looks like I've found a new show to enjoy this fall. Though I'm not going to get my hopes up about renewal until I see the trend in the numbers.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X