Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Event (NBC) - News/Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers to be tagged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    Yes, I was glad that the pace was kept up, and everything felt pretty damn good. The Shawn/Leila first meeting scene was great, as was the President/Sophia interrogation. So yeah, everything's cherry right now. Hope it keeps up.
    Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 28 September 2010, 10:21 AM.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Spoiler tags Matt. Not everyone has seen it yet

In ratings news, The Event scored a 2.9 18-49 demo in both half hours. 9 PM saw 8.893 million viewers while 9:30 9.063 million viewers.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/09/28...all-fall/65393
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

While interesting it was not as good as the first episode. Since not much has happened it seems its the kind of series that are much better watching on DVD than having to wait a week to know what's next. Something I really did for Lost (season 1 to 4) with much satisfaction.
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I really don't understand how people can get dizzy watching a TV show. I watched the pilot and episode two and the flashbacks had no effect on me. I dunno.... whether it's the age thing (older people's brains aren't used to how stories are told nowadays etc.) or that some people's brains are simply not working properly (I don't want to call anybody stupid)...

Ok with The Event, but I remember there were the same type of comments after SGU pilot... That contained some flashbacks and basically from one period of time (like Lost), not jumping from 5 years in the past to future. And still there were people who said they felt dizzy... The same as I don't understand similar comments about shaky cam.
          - the guest member of SGU book club

Comment

I can't say that I felt dizzy, it just seemed a bit pointless, and the transitions were unnecessarily jarring. Lost did a much better job of switching between times.

Comment

That was a very good second episode. Hopefully, the quality will remain as high for the rest of the season.

Comment

There is such a thing as people having vision issues which can effect their viewing. For example, it's been said that some cannot watch 3D movies because the 3D effect literally makes them sick. (In the same way some people simply cannot see those 'stare at the image until you see the hidden part of it' posters)

How about accepting that some don't like the effects or transitions in the show without making snotty remarks or veiled insults.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I wasn't the biggest fan of the first episode, to me the time jumping was done a little too often and it just felt completely random and that was enough for me to loose interest a bit. But the ending intrigued me to watch the next episode.

Then I watched episode 2 and it was 110% better. I loved the storyline, the pace and even quite liked the placements of the time jumps this time round. To me they provided useful background information for the plot at the right moments. If future episodes are like episode 2 I have no doubt that I will enjoy this series.
                  Last edited by Tanith0709; 29 September 2010, 06:35 PM.

Comment

I must agree, episode 2 was alot better than episode 1, the pilot felt like Lost on roids it was just so confusing
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

Anyone know what the ratings for this are like in the USA? We have had it start here last week and so far it's gotten mixed comment and review. I watched the 1st and 2nd episode but not sure if I like it or not and leaning towards the negative becuase of the over use of flashbacks IMHO
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I like it, i like a show that makes me think about things (although this nearly gave me a headache in the pilot ) i dont see they show going past 4 seasons tho maybe it will get the same amount as lost who knows

As for the ratings http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010 usually has them
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          Anyone know what the ratings for this are like in the USA? We have had it start here last week and so far it's gotten mixed comment and review. I watched the 1st and 2nd episode but not sure if I like it or not and leaning towards the negative becuase of the over use of flashbacks IMHO
                          11 million for the first episode, dropped to less than 9 for the second.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                            11 million for the first episode, dropped to less than 9 for the second.
                            Yikes!!!!!!!!! huge drop
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              Yikes!!!!!!!!! huge drop
                              Most shows drop after thier pilot. Yes it was more then normal but lets see what they stablize at.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

The first episode was terrible. I thought I was done with the show. But I tune in again because I am a fan of Jason Ritter. Much improved. Still not at all good, but decent enough for me to give it a couple more episodes.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Working...
                                X