Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Event (NBC) - News/Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers to be tagged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought they were
    Spoiler:
    basically human, just some differences in the blood? they certainly pass physically for humans

what i can see that we have is two warring factions in the govt. those that want to keep the crash victims locked up, those that want to let them free. a wild card is the escaped crash victims that have infiltrated all over the place, that seem to be helping the 'let them free' side, but i think the second the 'let them free' changes they'll turn and become violent...and we have the guy and girl caught in the middle. Who's good and who's bad? who knows yet. and i'm sure it'll flip and change at least once before the end of the season.

I didn't catch all of last night's eps, but all this fake out is getting old. It gets frustrating to see people continually manipulated and lied to. (i was watching the girl in the police station going 'umm, how come they aren't investigating the shooting? how come no one is sent over to check things out? wouldn't the cuts on her wrists and ligature marks support her story? how come no one is looking at those?....we can only hope that she wises up and realizes she's being played)

The show in intriguing, but honestly, it needs to just last a season or two at the most and then let it end. This continual 'two steps forward, one back' gets tiring and people get fed up if they feel they're being played.

I honestly think the future of tv programs aren't always 'let's run it into the ground' but rather 'here's a 20 episode serial with a beginning, middle, end, enjoy it while it's on'. and i think that's what this needs to be. a short run series that concentrates on teh story rather than how much it can be milked.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I agree. After the 3rd episode I'm tiring of the flashbacks... And also the constant jumping from plot to plot with what seems no logical progression or link.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Ratings trend after ep 4:

The Event (NBC) – 9 p.m.
        9/20/10 – Viewers: 10.88 million; A18-49: 3.6/ 9
        9/27/10 – Viewers: 9.06 million; A18-49: 2.9/ 7
        10/04/10 – Viewers: 7.56 million; A18-49: 2.4/ 6
        10/11/10 – Viewers: 6.45 million; A18-49: 2.2/ 5

I'm guessing the number will even off somewhere around 5 million.

Comment

better settle down, cause it's decreasing by the week

people do get tired of being dragged along

right now the main reason i watch it is because there's nothing else on at hte same time that i want to watch

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post

The Event (NBC) – 9 p.m.

Is that enough to keep a show going?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              I sure hope so. I think this is pretty decent thus far.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post

The Event (NBC) – 9 p.m.

Oh also where are you quoting these figures from? Can you post a link?

Comment

Sounds like it's going to get cancelled from the articles I've read.

http://blastmagazine.com/2010/10/12/...-me-in-danger/

NBC was in fourth for the night, and its Monday night slate keeps getting worse; cancellation looms for “Lost” wannabe “The Event,” which drew only 6.5 million viewers and a 2.2 rating, and “Chase,” which fell to a 1.5 rating and 5 million viewers. “Chuck ” is also on its last legs, with a 1.9 rating and 5.3 million viewers and 8.
                  Oh also where are you quoting these figures from? Can you post a link?
                  http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t...51/m/592104723

Comment

I wouldn't call it cancelled yet but it can't go much lower.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Ouch....... I hope it doesn't get cancelled ..

Maybe the over hype was a factor in the decline. People expecting more then there was

Comment

hype probably hurt it. they oversell a show and then it turns out to be a random average show....people are getting tired of being played.

One reason for lost to be so big, well first they were one of hte first of their kind - the watch to see the answers show - but it, when it started, wasn't hyped to death. It was just a new series with a mystery. In each episode of the event, sure a lot happens, but as a grand sum of plot movement, they end the show just inches away from where they started it.

the last episode

Spoiler:
                        sure shawn and the fbi chick escaped and leila 'escaped' and is 'safe' but really, nothing changed from the beginning to the end. the fib chick still only mosta believes him, leila is still captive, the captives are still captive and all we know is that sofia has an idea how far her friend will go and the plane passengers are back to dying. there's a lot of resetting and not much overall progress of the plot

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I wouldn't call it cancelled yet but it can't go much lower.
                          It really seems like the success rate for new shows gets lower and lower every year. If this gets canceled, I will continue to lose faith in the viewing public. Especially with how well idiotic "reality" TV does for the most part. I don't think a lot of people know how to enjoy actual shows anymore.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            It really seems like the success rate for new shows gets lower and lower every year. If this gets canceled, I will continue to lose faith in the viewing public. Especially with how well idiotic "reality" TV does for the most part. I don't think a lot of people know how to enjoy actual shows anymore.
                            The numbers for success seem pretty much the same this year to last year but people watching live has been on decline for years
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I like the show personally, an I like how it moving. I do wish they remove the time frame the flash take place in, it annoying seeing text come up on screen all the time.

I am going to go out on the limb here a say our hacker guy is a second generation alien/future human/alien Hybrid. Probably Human mother an mysterious father.

It clear that the plane people are the free ship people only trump card, an what ever been done to them,
                              I think the president guest right they do not have the means or the capabilities to break them out. An what we have seen as the supposedly infiltration of the government will turn out to be a secret partnership between the two. Which explains everything we have seen, NSA agents, chinhook helicopters.

I think girlfriend need to get freed an soon, her captivity is start to drag along. But at least the hacker got a trump card now, her son gonna get it if he does not get his girlfriend back.

I wonder how far Sofia going to let get before she intervenes, I personally do not think she want any of us humans to die.

She calling herself immigrants does tend to point to aliens more than future humans.

Looking at the numbers Nielson has randomly guest for this show, the amount of people watching the show, 5-6 million people is all they are going to get for a genre TV series, either they going to have to learn to live with it or stop making them, I prefer the first option..

An Lost was Anomaly that was successful because it was a new kind of show, it was allowed to find it audience naturally an organically with out the hyped. The event also seem to think it viewers are dumb an impatient for answers, why Lost treated them as if they were intelligent. Also it evolve into a complex story an did not start off as one.

The longevity of the programme depends on why Sofia people are here an what they were running from or to an how can that part be expanded upon over the seasons.
                              The current stories lines already feel like they are coming to therw end game. So I hope they got other games planned.
                              Last edited by knowles2; 16 October 2010, 01:57 AM.

Comment

i agree with the 'second generation' idea. there's something different about him, and being an offspring is a good thought.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X