Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Event (NBC) - News/Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers to be tagged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i watch largely cause there's nothing else on

IMHO, they want the show to be a success, i hope it's planned only for one season, beginning, middle, end, wrap it up and tell the story cohesively, don't just milk it and milk it and drag it out past its prime
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I just watched the second episode.. nah... Ill pass.... otherwise it gets beyond season one.
      sigpic

Comment

Interesting but I am not sure whether the depth of story there for a entire season let alone a series, seem to lack other plotlines an stories needed to expand the show. These might be introduce later during the series but they tried that with Flashforward an it got them cancelled.

I like the two episodes so far, through I really wish we have local smart cops for once an they drove around the lone trooper.

An also it seem that writers choosen to ignore the media in the entire storyline an the internet, mobile phones with video cameras, at dozens if not hundreds of people would sure the incident. A cover up an manipulating media may of work in 20th century but it just does not cut it in the 21st century. The footage would of been on Youtube in seconds, Twitter an Facebook also. There no way to contain that.

An to me leaving the pilot body at the crash, talk about leaving a trail for someone to follow. But I see that infiltration of the government is pretty high level, especially if they manage to rebuild some of there technology on this planet an manage run entire rogue operations behind the president an what seem the entire government in Washington.

An I am not really sure I agree with how they are portraying the president, it seem to much like a clone of Obarma rather than a actual character for the show.

So are they future humans, past humans connected to the Alantis or some other supposedly advance civilisation, or are they aliens genetically altered to look like us. Or are they aliens that look like us an share mostly the same DNA an are here to solve the mystery or why we are so alike.

Hope we see more of there alien space craft in the future an find out what the Government been doing with it.
        Last edited by knowles2; 03 October 2010, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Third episode was pretty boss. Big ol' government conspiracy... with aliens! What's not to like?

Of particular note is Sean himself, who makes his secret agent moments all the more badass by not actually being anyone special or anything. Poor guy's going to be put through the ringer, I'm sure.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

The Event saw a 2.4 in the 18-49 demo and had 7.46 million viewers.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/05...ts-18-49/66655

These declining numbers are starting to concern me
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

While the last episode was pretty good, I was struggling to get through it. Just felt like between V, Lost and Fringe, I've seen this all before.

Comment

I am not surprise the numbers are falling, this clearly a programme which a lot of people are going to wait until it gets its 2nd season, people have been burned to many times by unresolve story lines, FlashForward for instant, Heroes, an many others it not surprising numbers are dropping, most people I know simply will not tune in because they fear the story will go unresolved.

Comment

^ Its something about that timeslot..........

Spoiler:
                  This episode was pretty good, now Sean has an FBI agent on his side
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                    ^ Its something about that timeslot..........

Spoiler:
                    This episode was pretty good, now Sean has an FBI agent on his side
                    An he a hacker, an the entire group behind seem worried about him, I am guesting also it going to turn out that the women who taken his girl was not the only one trained at a NSA young person safe house.

Very good episode, I was shock at the ending when they all started to come alive. which is something I never sure coming, the cover up getting more complicated by the second, it only a matter of time before it all starts to fall to pieces.

I wondering why Thomas is so important to there operations.

But the ending that girl killed her boyfriend an they said they been dreaming of this for a long time, I am thinking more of future humans now than aliens infiltrators an that there biology was change so that they would live for a very long time. An they are here to change something, The event in the future. Something which is not in the interest of the Government or of our futures, something that if it got out would make the government kill them instantly.
                    An they should really put some camera an microphones in the interrogations rooms.

Comment

Is this even sci-fi or is it what NBC seems to call Science fiction these days(Drama)? This ain't a rhetorical question btw.

Comment

It's sci-fi.

Comment

Great ending to the last episode. My guess is that these people are indeed future humans. I really hope we get the answer by the end of this season (just in case it is the only season).
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Great ending to the last episode. My guess is that these people are indeed future humans. I really hope we get the answer by the end of this season (just in case it is the only season).
                            That was my guess after watching the first and second episodes. Missed last week's.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Tomorrow night should definitely be interesting. I can't wait to see what happens next.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post

I thought they were labeled "non human" by the government dudes.....
                                Spoiler:
                                And what about all the ones coming back to life. Yay for zombies
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X