Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Event (NBC) - News/Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers to be tagged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    The numbers for success seem pretty much the same this year to last year but people watching live has been on decline for years

Maybe because people don't like being messed around with watching a show .... They want to be entertained not have to think too hard to enjoy a good show.....
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Maybe because people don't like being messed around with watching a show .... They want to be entertained not have to think too hard to enjoy a good show.....
      Its more likely that DVRs and Internet streaming allows people on their schedule instead of when CBS,NBC,ABC, and Fox say so
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Its more likely that DVRs and Internet streaming allows people on their schedule instead of when CBS,NBC,ABC, and Fox say so

That too.......... But in general I find people don't like to be teased in shows or a show that requires you to think more then you need to. Eventually the novelty wears thin......

Comment

That too.......... But in general I find people don't like to be teased in shows or a show that requires you to think more then you need to. Eventually the novelty wears thin......
          People can't be generalized like that. We all watch our show genres because of our choices.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Is this series worth watching?
            Channel 4 here in the UK are about to start showing it.

ttyl
            Starfist
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
              Is this series worth watching?
              Channel 4 here in the UK are about to start showing it.

ttyl
              Starfist
              If you have not seen any of the episodes I say avoid until we find out whether it is getting renewed as I got the feeling they have no intention of wrapping up the story in one season or whether all the episode with be made.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                If you have not seen any of the episodes I say avoid until we find out whether it is getting renewed as I got the feeling they have no intention of wrapping up the story in one season or whether all the episode with be made.
                Thak you.
                I will keep my eyes on the forum.

ttyl
                Starfist
                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                To thy own self... Be true
                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I watched the first episodes... I know I said they are good.. they were.. but after some point they literally lost me.... so I will also see and wait how the show will develop and watch it then... because I dont want to have another FlashForward on me..
                  sigpic

Comment

disjointed storytelling is its main weakness.
                    also, bad acting.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                      also, bad acting.
                      You think so? Overall, I don't see that. A little touchy here and there, but nothing too glaring. I really hope this show can find a way to keep on going.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                        also, bad acting.
                        I did not notice bad acting in the show.
                        I actually think the acting been OK not up to Lost standards or SGUs but it been okay .
                        At least the acting is not has bad as Haven which was terrible in the first 5 episodes anyway or Merlin which has gone down a lot in acting department especially Morgana character.

Overall I think that one of it stronger points.

I do not find the story disjointed at all either in fact is makes the show more interesting an dynamic, especially if they just told the story in a linear path which is boring in my book.
                        Last edited by knowles2; 18 October 2010, 05:34 AM.

Comment

How can that girl the kidnapped girl shot be alive still and so fast at the police station had killed the cops there?

This is bizarre why even bother kidnapping a stupid girl?

Comment

How can that girl the kidnapped girl shot be alive still and so fast at the police station had killed the cops there?

This is bizarre why even bother kidnapping a stupid girl?
                            Well simple, it seems her boyfriend lived a solitary life, as least up till he met his girfriend, she may be his only family an there only leverage.

What ever happen between the girlfriend being kidnapped, him running out of the hotel reliesing his girl been kidnapped an the girl parents being killed, an know the plane is going to be hijacked, he must of found out something which links everything together, something which kidnappers do not want to get out or back to the president. We can also reasonbly guest that the hacker have some training in evasion tactics keeping him one step ahead of the people that want him. Which seem to be people related to the NSA junior spy programme, she was trained at one there safe houses, we know the CIA been compromise, it make sense the NSA have been to. An what theses agents are up to is anyone guest. But I am going to say it a rogue operation being organise either by infiltrators or by people in government who want to keep everything a secrete.

The key to the question is what did he get up to after he ran from the security guard in the Hotel room.

I am sure everything will be cleared up if the show is not cancelled before it time.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              Well simple, it seems her boyfriend lived a solitary life, as least up till he met his girfriend, she may be his only family an there only leverage.

What ever happen between the girlfriend being kidnapped, him running out of the hotel reliesing his girl been kidnapped an the girl parents being killed, an know the plane is going to be hijacked, he must of found out something which links everything together, something which kidnappers do not want to get out or back to the president. We can also reasonbly guest that the hacker have some training in evasion tactics keeping him one step ahead of the people that want him. Which seem to be people related to the NSA junior spy programme, she was trained at one there safe houses, we know the CIA been compromise, it make sense the NSA have been to. An what theses agents are up to is anyone guest. But I am going to say it a rogue operation being organise either by infiltrators or by people in government who want to keep everything a secrete.

The key to the question is what did he get up to after he ran from the security guard in the Hotel room.

I am sure everything will be cleared up if the show is not cancelled before it time.

Yeah what confused me was the hostage girl shot the dark haired girl. Then in the next few scenes she's alive again in the cop station where the hostage girl was and they're all dead...

I'm confused how she got there so fast? Wasn't she shot?

Comment

Yeah what confused me was the hostage girl shot the dark haired girl. Then in the next few scenes she's alive again in the cop station where the hostage girl was and they're all dead...

I'm confused how she got there so fast? Wasn't she shot?
                                She had loaded the gun with blanks.

It was all a set up in order to allow the girlfriend to escape and call the guy they are after...Sean or whatever his name is.

They kidnapped her initially to force her father to fly that plane. Sean got away when it crashed so they then needed her to capture him for whatever reason.
                                IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                                X