Red Faction: Origins - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
    One of Mars' defining features is that it's red and that's what Mars looked like in Red Faction: Guerrilla.

There are quite a few places on earth that look like Mars. Places with high concentrations of iron oxide will have that reddish hue. The Atacama Desert is an example. Some parts of Valley of Fire also look kind of like Mars.
    That's true enough, but it would have cost a hell of a lot more to film in the Atacama Desert, one of the driest places on Earth, than in Bulgaria.

Comment

OMG i cant believe red faction is becoming a movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved red faction...i loved the story and the gameplay plus the characters were badass... of course im talking about red faction and guerrillas i hope to christ it aint red faction 2
      sigpicWELCOME TO END OF THE WORLD.....IM AM OZZYMANDIAS KING OF KINGS LOOK UPON MY WORKS YE MIGHTY AND DESPAIR

Comment

Did anyone notice the edf hover craft in the museum in saints row 2 lol but seroiusly if they're basing it off of red faction 2 i will kill them i hope its based off the first one that one makes more sense i think ultor was the real baddy of mars not the edf. lol ultor corp is in saints row 2 too and they have secret based and its own military saints row 2...the prelude to red faction

Also has anyone noticed that red faction is promoting a communist revolution ...they're uniting the workers with hammers and they're red....
        sigpicWELCOME TO END OF THE WORLD.....IM AM OZZYMANDIAS KING OF KINGS LOOK UPON MY WORKS YE MIGHTY AND DESPAIR

Comment

Originally posted by Yipikyyaysupremecommanderthor View Post
          Also has anyone noticed that red faction is promoting a communist revolution ...they're uniting the workers with hammers and they're red....
          I wouldn't say promoting a communist revolution, but it does certainly draw many thematic parallels from different historical times. Battlestar Galactica deals with terrorism but doesn't promote it. I would say that freedom is promoted more than communism, but each to his own.

Anyone think that the shots of what I assume are the EDF soldiers look a lot like the flashbacks in Firefly to the War of Independence?

Comment

id say it is a free communist revolution the end game achievemnt on guerrilla is red dawn and theres that early mission better red than dead that points to the old saying better dead than red but yes i can see that its for freedom too their trying to overthrow and free themselves from the yoke of foriegn oppression

Comment

I have yet to hear or see any promotions on this (with the exception of this thread). SyFy being SyFy as usual.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                I have yet to hear or see any promotions on this (with the exception of this thread). SyFy being SyFy as usual.
                Yup.

Comment

Interview with Brian J Smith & Trailer

http://www.redeyechicago.com/enterta...,1665819.story

Comment

I already posted that interview and there isn't a trailer there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
                      I already posted that interview and there isn't a trailer there.
                      My bad. The trailer is now half way down, just before the q&a.

Comment

Wow, it actually looks really good!

Comment

i can't see the trailer. anyone got a youtube equivalent?

Comment

Trailer looks good...can't wait to see it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              i can't see the trailer. anyone got a youtube equivalent?
                              Here.
                              sigpic

Comment

am I the only one who thinks this gonna be another typical idiotic syfy movie?
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X