No announcement yet.

Red Faction: Origins - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That picture up there looks sweet! And very Red Faction like.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
      I havent seen any promotion for this....anywhere. I'll still watch, but syfy need to take some lessons from HBO in promoting their stuff.
      Syfy would not know how to promote it way of a card board box.

Comment

That poster makes Red Faction seem like some kind of gay night club.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
          That poster makes Red Faction seem like some kind of gay night club.
          Umm... How exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
            Umm... How exactly?
            Two naked dudes standing "shoulder to shoulder."

Comment

I am not a fan of the Red Faction games, but I am REALLY looking forward to this. The cast is fantastic, and the production team (i.e. writer of Fringe, director of Battlestar Galactica and Caprica) seem to be able to handle it. I also like how it is set in the actual Red Faction timeline, but in the one hundred years of so between Guerrilla and Armageddon; they have a lot of creative freedom.

I asked Brian J. Smith on Twitter if it would have the same character driven approach as BSG and SGU, and he said that it would, but there would be some great action sequences as well. I am really glad that they are taking the character route and adding some thematic depth to it (family, redemptipon etc. with a lot of American Revolution and communist parallels). I think that it'll be cool to see Smith play a more badass character, and from that production still, the production values look brilliant (Smith's costume is awesome).

This interview with Smith is really interesting and gives a great insight into his role, the other casts, why the film won't suck and what it was like filming in Bulgaria.

I hope that it is good, and then I hope that it gets a season pick-up. Could be a great new sci-fi show
              your link is broken, i think you pasted the wrong thing. (edit: it is now fixed in orig' post and quote)

Two naked dudes standing "shoulder to shoulder."
              yeah, i thought the exact same thing when i saw it for the first time, you're not the only one. hell, mabe the Red Faction universe is like the Forever War universe...
              Last edited by AvatarIII; 22 April 2011, 04:23 AM.
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

Cheers for pointing that out, I'll fix it now.

Comment

thanks for that, i fixed it in my quote now aswell.
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                  Quotes!
                  - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                  - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                  - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                  sigpic

Comment

i didn't know where to post this but there is has Brian J smith of Sgu photos of him in the New movie Red faction bases on the video game pictures.

Red Faction: Origins promo images released by Syfy from their new video-game adaptation based on the popular game and also been a DC/Wildstorm comic book series...

Red Faction: Origins follows the children of rebel hero Alec Mason, set during a period between the Red Faction Guerrilla and Red Faction Armageddon video games.

redfaction1.jpg

redfaction2.jpg

redfaction3.jpg

redfaction4.jpg

redfaction5.jpg

redfaction6.jpg

redfaction7.jpg

redfaction8.jpg

redfaction9.jpg

redfaction10.jpg

there is one more but it says only 10 are able. but

here is the source http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=35777
                    sigpic

I'm the asgard of Cloneing.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...on-Speculation

sigpic

Comment

That doesn't look like Mars.

Comment

That doesn't look like Mars.
                          Because, of course, you've been to Mars. It's Bulgaria; where else are they going to film that looks remotely like Mars? And I think it looks a lot like the Mars in Red Faction: Guerilla.

I am really excited after those promo pictures, it looks really good.

Comment

Because, of course, you've been to Mars. It's Bulgaria; where else are they going to film that looks remotely like Mars? And I think it looks a lot like the Mars in Red Faction: Guerilla.

I am really excited after those promo pictures, it looks really good.
                            One of Mars' defining features is that it's red and that's what Mars looked like in Red Faction: Guerrilla.

There are quite a few places on earth that look like Mars. Places with high concentrations of iron oxide will have that reddish hue. The Atacama Desert is an example. Some parts of Valley of Fire also look kind of like Mars.

Comment

So this is a SyFy original movie or a pilot? Because this is sure looking alot better than the "Original movies" SyFy milks out.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                                So this is a SyFy original movie or a pilot? Because this is sure looking alot better than the "Original movies" SyFy milks out.
                                Mix of both I think. If it works out well, they'll make it a series.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X