No announcement yet.

The Superman Movie Series News/Trailers & General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want Routh to return as well, but I'm not trusting the Goyer news because the Nolan news was revealed to be untrue.

Comment

Jonah Nolan to helm 'Superman' reboot?

Director Christopher Nolan's brother Jonah is reportedly in talks to helm the next Superman movie. According to IESB, The Man of Steel will mark Jonah's directorial debut after co-scripting The Dark Knight and The Prestige.

The site also reported that Christopher's role in the film will involve setting up the building blocks for a forthcoming Justice League movie that he will direct. Studio Warner Bros has yet to officially comment on these claims.

Earlier this week, it was revealed that Batman Begins writer David S. Goyer has signed to pen the script for The Man of Steel.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...an-reboot.html

Comment

I really don't want a Justice League movie with Supes and Bats in it. I always thought it ridiculous that those two were part of a team of another superheroes. It simply sounds like a copy of what Marvel is doing to set up The Avengers movie....

Comment

It would just be a copy of what Marvel are doing. Batman and Superman at some point should get a movie together, it's something that I believe could work really well but for Justice League, it should include characters who don't have their own movie.

I do think that having character who do have their own movie would work, namely Flash (if his movie is done) and Green Lantern followed up by characters like Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Jonn Jonzz, Hawkman or Hawkgirl and perhaps have them doing something without the help of Batman or Superman because they may be off doing their own movie.

With that said, bit hard to do Batman if it's going to be part of the Nolanverse, same with a team up with Superman.

sigpic

Comment

“It’s very exciting, we have a fantastic story. And we feel we can do it right. We know the milieu, if you will, we know the genre and how to get it done right.”

nolan speaks about his involvment with superman reboot

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Chris...ime-17482.html

http://scifiwire.com/2010/03/christo...an-talks-s.php
            Last edited by kennythewraith; 10 March 2010, 09:29 AM.

Comment

I really hope the story is indeed fantastic.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Everyone considers new stories "fantastic" because they can't exactly come out and say "yeah we have a new story, it's crap, but it's all we have to work with". I am hoping for something spectacular after Superman Returns, can't be hard to top that.

sigpic

Comment

More action, less angst. It can't be THAT hard to do.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                    More action, less angst. It can't be THAT hard to do.
                    Less angst? In a Superman movie? Ha, I doubt that. Clark will be emo about Lois liking Superman, Lois will be emo about liking Superman but him seemingly not interested.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                      Less angst? In a Superman movie? Ha, I doubt that. Clark will be emo about Lois liking Superman, Lois will be emo about liking Superman but him seemingly not interested.
                      Its part of the Superman formula!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        Its part of the Superman formula!
                        3 parts angst, 2 parts Lex and his property scheme and 1 part of Superman actually doing something productive. Pretty much describes the Superman movies.

sigpic

Comment

Luthor is tired. Lose him or do something totally original that doesn't require him to *gasp* find kyptonite and use it against Kal El.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                            Luthor is tired. Lose him or do something totally original that doesn't require him to *gasp* find kyptonite and use it against Kal El.
                            As if they'd lose Luthor. He should have been used for 1 movie, not 4. He'd probably have been in all 5 movies if the Salkinds hadn't screwed over Donner. So when Superman VI is done, I'd really expect Luthor to be in there.

sigpic

Comment

The reason I love Lex, because he's the greatest adversary for superman, and yet he doesn't have any powers what so ever. Only money.

He's such a unique enemy.

He's probably one of the smartest/intelligent villains in any show/movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                                The reason I love Lex, because he's the greatest adversary for superman, and yet he doesn't have any powers what so ever. Only money.

He's such a unique enemy.

He's probably one of the smartest/intelligent villains in any show/movie.
                                The problem with Lex being one of the smartest/intelligent villains is that the movies never show this aspect. Lex is pretty much an over-glorified conman in the movies, out to make money through land than being the billionaire power hungry genius he's supposed to be, who owns and employs most of Metropolis.

I think that the movie Lex needs to be more like the John Shea/Lois and Clark version. Give him the power, the money and the ambition, but also allow him to come to an unfortunate end. Recycling him over and over just doesn't work. If anything, Lex needs to be made much more epic compared to what we have seen in the movies so far, like the animated Lex Luthor (DCAU version) but changed to be more fitting with the real world.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X