The Superman Movie Series News/Trailers & General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
    Millar's Superman would be cool to see, but the idea of Abrams writing a Superman movie would be even better. Double if he directed it
    I would love to see Abrams take on Superman.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Director: 'Superman movie in weird place'

Director James McTeigue has said that the next Superman movie is in "a weird place".

McTeigue is rumoured to be attached to a forthcoming follow-up to 2006's Superman Returns from Warner Bros.

"It's in a weird place at the moment," the V For Vendetta director told MTV News. "They're trying to work out what they're doing. Warner Bros is trying to figure out their next move on it.

"There's some things you can do with the Superman franchise, there's other things you can't do. So it hasn't gone anywhere."

The Superman property is the subject of ongoing legal wrangling between DC Comics/Warner and the heirs of Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster – the creators of the Man of Steel.

DC Entertainment president Diane Nelson recently claimed that the company has no current plans for another Superman film.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...ird-place.html

Comment

I hate that things are so screwed up with Superman right now. I would love another film.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

more info on the hold up on superman sequel....
          http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Super...les-15884.html

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
            more info on the hold up on superman sequel....
            http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Super...les-15884.html
            It is such a shame that things are so screwed up right now legally. I really hope things get resolved soon.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Chris Nolan to 'godfather' new 'Superman'?

Warner Bros has reportedly asked Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan to guide the new Superman movie. According to Deadline Hollywood, the studio is sounding out the team that revived its ailing Batman franchise to supervise a similar job for The Man of Steel.

Insiders told the website that the next Superman feature would not follow on from Superman Returns, but could still involve its director Bryan Singer and leading man Brandon Routh. "We know what we don't want to do. But we don't know what we want to do," a source said. "We learned a lot from the last movie, and we want to get it right this time." Another insider added: "Warner Bros doesn't have a handle yet on it... they need to hear a great story that makes sense."

Nolan is not expected to direct the new Superman, instead acting as "godfather" to the rebooted franchise.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...-superman.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                Chris Nolan to 'godfather' new 'Superman'?

Warner Bros has reportedly asked Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan to guide the new Superman movie. According to Deadline Hollywood, the studio is sounding out the team that revived its ailing Batman franchise to supervise a similar job for The Man of Steel.

Insiders told the website that the next Superman feature would not follow on from Superman Returns, but could still involve its director Bryan Singer and leading man Brandon Routh. "We know what we don't want to do. But we don't know what we want to do," a source said. "We learned a lot from the last movie, and we want to get it right this time." Another insider added: "Warner Bros doesn't have a handle yet on it... they need to hear a great story that makes sense."

Nolan is not expected to direct the new Superman, instead acting as "godfather" to the rebooted franchise.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...-superman.html
                Oh I sure hope this is true, I think Routh and Singer did a great job in Superman Returns, and with Nolan around that should only makes things better!

Comment

I know this may sound like hearsey but can we have a villian that is not Lex Luthor
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    I know this may sound like hearsey but can we have a villian that is not Lex Luthor
                    Heresy? Nah, i'm tired of Lex too, he can be a side character that will develop as a villain in the possible sequels or something.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      A villain in Superman that isn't Lex Luther? How dare you say such a thing. Actually I think you are dead on target, Lex Luther in the movies has been the absolute worst enemy. The guy should be running a Real Estate office, not out to destroy millions of lives. After Superman I, II, a cheap imitation in III, back in IV and Returns, oh god, I would rather see a Kevin Smith do a Superman movie with a giant mechanical spider if it means no more Lex Luther.

I don't think that the next Superman villain has to be the likes of Zod, Doomsday, Darkseid, but there are plenty of villains out there who could be used. With that said, If Nolan is going to do Superman, I think it should be a Batman/Superman movie. I think people want it, and could work out well considering Batman is wanted after The Dark Knight. Pit them against each other for a bit.

sigpic

Comment

The only Superman movie I want to see is 'The Death of Superman'. It's the only story of relevance left in the Superman mythos to tell.
                        I hate to say, but Singer and Routh couldn't do much with a horrid script. I don't care who directs or who stars in it, all I care about is the story and, if the story's brilliant, all else will fall into place. Now: give me my $150 million destruction-fest and tear-jerker 'Death of' movie and the $200 million destruction-fest and tear-jerker 'Return of' sequel and I'll be happy.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I know I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to like a Superman movie. I watch the plane rescue sequence on Superman Returns over and over again. There was just a lot of that story that I didn't like. So, if lightning can strike twice and Nolan can give to Superman what Dark Knight and Batman Begins gave to Batman, I am TOTALLY ready for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
                            I know I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to like a Superman movie. I watch the plane rescue sequence on Superman Returns over and over again. There was just a lot of that story that I didn't like. So, if lightning can strike twice and Nolan can give to Superman what Dark Knight and Batman Begins gave to Batman, I am TOTALLY ready for it.
                            I'm the same way. I can watch that Plane sequence over and over again (along with taking the Island into space and of course flying through city once Luther launches the rocket) but that is like the only really enjoyable parts of the movie, but I have watched Dark Knight from start to find like 5 times and that doesn't include when I've caught the ass end of it on the movie channels. But still, I love Superman. I never grew up with the comic books yet there was something about the Donner/Reeves movie (and even Zod in the sequel) that really grabbed a hold of me and I that disappoints me, not that I never read the comic books growing up but that the medium that made me love Superman has failed miserably when it comes doing something that matches the scale of the Superman vs Darkseid or Doomsday.

sigpic

Comment

'Superman Returns' by Stereophonic.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                                I'm the same way. I can watch that Plane sequence over and over again (along with taking the Island into space and of course flying through city once Luther launches the rocket) but that is like the only really enjoyable parts of the movie, but I have watched Dark Knight from start to find like 5 times and that doesn't include when I've caught the ass end of it on the movie channels. But still, I love Superman. I never grew up with the comic books yet there was something about the Donner/Reeves movie (and even Zod in the sequel) that really grabbed a hold of me and I that disappoints me, not that I never read the comic books growing up but that the medium that made me love Superman has failed miserably when it comes doing something that matches the scale of the Superman vs Darkseid or Doomsday.
                                Agreed. I like all of those parts too. I also liked some of the dialogue in the movie, but it is sparse.

I LOVED Dark Knight. I LOVED Batman Begins and was terrified that there was no way The Dark Knight could live up to it. Then, I saw it, and it was one of those rare events where the sequel to a totally awesome movie blew that totally awesome movie away. I kept thinking after I saw it, "This can't be happening. There is no way it could have been THAT good."

I've watched Superman's animated series, TJL (both incarnations), Smallville, and even Lois and Clark. I've never read any of the comics, but I feel that I have a fairly good knowledge of Superman mythos just from these sources. I believe that the Superman story is very powerful, something that can speak universally like Batman's story. I just keep waiting for the right movie to nail it. The Marvel comic adaptations seem to be nailing their movies left and right. Batman was nailed twice. I just REALLY hope they can nail Superman this time around.

Comment

Working...
                                X