No announcement yet.

The Superman Movie Series News/Trailers & General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Superman loves her, and yes she loves him but she takes her love to a obsessive level. Everyone loves Superman in the end, but yet she doesn't act like she loves him but more obsessed. She for me is the perfect example of why heroes shouldn't have love interests.

sigpic

Comment

No love interest?
      He may be Super, but he's still a man.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
        No love interest?
        To me, Superman is the mask. Clark Kent is the real person.

Which is opposite for Batman IMO, Bruce Wayne is a mask, Batman is the real person.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          To me, Superman is the mask. Clark Kent is the real person.
          For me, depends on the Superman. Chris Reeves version of Clark Kent was definitely the disguise. Dean Cain's version of Clark Kent was the real person. He even said "Clark is who I am, Superman is what I can do". I'd say Routh's Superman is the same as Reeves. Animated Superman was 50/50. He wasn't acting the shy, accidental type so I'd probably say Clark is who he really was.

No love interest?
          Batman is a hardass and has no real longterm love interest. Just the occasional fling, now that is being a man. He's not acting all shy and meek around women he fancies like Superman, nor does he show up at their window at night being all "ah gosh lois, forgive me please. I'll give you an exclusive"

sigpic

Comment

That's the way I look at it. Clark is the real one and Superman is what he does to inspire and save people.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

For me it's been the opposite,. Clark is the disguise, because he has to wear the glasses, put on an act, he has to keep as much attention away from him as possible. However, as I said earlier it varies from each portrayal of Superman.

sigpic

Comment

The way I prefer it is that the strong man who wants to save the world is the kid the Kents raised: Clark. They didn't raise Superman. I've always detested the bumbling Clark.
                The fact that they put bumbling Clark back in 'Returns' and that no one [except Jimmy] really gave a damn about him or where he was or why he was back... really annoyed me.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I like the way Clark Kent is portrayed in Smallville, its been a while since I have seen Superman Returns so I can't really remember the way he was. The thing I dislike the comics, or at least when I get a chance to read them with the hundreds of issues I can never read because there is too many, I don't like the fact that the comics are full of Superman stuff and hardly any CK stuff. I think that may definitely be just me though. As I like Clark Kent more than Superman.....

Comment

I highly recommend Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely's All-Star Superman. 12 of the most beautifully illustrated and well-written Superman comics ever. Alas, it features a bumbling Clark, but the bumbling is used for far more than just deflecting attention.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I highly recommend Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely's All-Star Superman. 12 of the most beautifully illustrated and well-written Superman comics ever. Alas, it features a bumbling Clark, but the bumbling is used for far more than just deflecting attention.
                      I see it has two paperback volumes i'm definitely going to check them out. I've been seeing Grant Morrison's name alot lately, I hope to read Morrison's New X-Men and Batman R.I.P. soon, are they good as well?

Comment

X-Men starts off great... ends sucky.
                        Batman RIP... The storyline was on drugs and the title is pure false advertising.

I'd say read the reviews on Amazon or wherever. I really can't recommend either one, really. Grant's JLA run, however, remains one of my favourite comics ever. I highly recommend it. He writes a good Superman and the others.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

David Goyer To Write Superman: Man Of Steel?

According to Latino Review and their "notorious trusted source" David Goyer, co-writer of Nolan's Batman movies will be writing a script for the new Superman movie entitled: Man Of Steel. Here is the scoop sent to them by said trusted source, the quite annoying Pinche Taco...

The talented David Stephen Goyer, the man who made sure Nolan stuck to the legend of El Dark Knight, has been hired to write the next chapter. Here is what El Taco can tell all you ninos....

1)Thomas Tull, the head of Legendary, got tired of all the discussion and decided chingate, let's do it. So he went to Goyer and Goyer had an idea that actually takes the movies back to the John Byrne incarnation. Modern. Believable. FUN! So Tull got Goyer hired.
                          2)The film will not be called Superman and will be called THE MAN OF STEEL.
                          3)Brandon Routh will not star in the film.
                          4)Nic Cage will NOT star in the fllm (lol)
                          4)Bryan Singer is not expected to direct.

I can tell you that Goyer's story involves Luthor and Brainiac. It is NOT an origin and assumes audiences already know about Lois, Clark, Jimmy and Perry. I know the Daily Planet is struggling due to the internet. And I know it sets up a huge Kryptonian mythology
                          http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=15224

Comment

Oh, there IS a God!
                            Ok. I'm not putting too much faith in it yet, especially the Star Trek: Enterprise-esque 'Let's not call it Superman in the title' crap. 'The Man of Steel' =/= 'The Dark Knight'.

Goyer's a fantastic writer and Byrne's Superman was the one I grew up reading and really was the best, both in terms of Clark being a confident man and Superman being, well, Superman.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

No Routh? Bah Humbug. The idea of rebooting Superman after one movie was only made bearable by the fact they'd keep the same actors. The only good news is that Goyer is involved but I will still keep my hopes up for Routh.

sigpic

Comment

I'd love Routh and the others to remain, just not Bosworth. Her Lois [both the actress and the situation] needs to disappear.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X