No announcement yet.

The Superman Movie Series News/Trailers & General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't even cross people's minds that Superman has a secret identity. I mean, why would he? He's an alien who seems to be on duty 24 hours a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
      Having had some time to ruminate on the movie, I think I'm starting to like it a lot less.

When you think about it, earth would have been a lot better if Superman had never came here or if he had left when he had the chance.

Spoiler:
      All the destruction caused by Zod was because he was looking for the Codex. If Superman had just left the planet in the scout ship then Zod wouldn't have tried to terraform earth, destroy half of Metropolis and killed who knows how many thousands of people.

Not only that but they kind of proved that the villains were right. Before the final battle, Zod basically said that the only way to end it is if one of them dies. Earlier, Faora said that Superman's sense of morality is a weakness. Well, Superman killing Zod basically proved both of them right. That really goes against the idea of Superman being a representation of hope and optimism, that he will always find a better way.
      I will respectfully have to disagree. To me our men and women in the military represent hope and optimism. Do they have to do some dirty things to guarantee our freedoms...yes. I think what Kal-El had to do just makes him more human. Look at all of the destruction caused to the Native Americans because of Europeans coming here. Wouldn't the world have been better off if the Europeans just left after they discovered this land was inhabited? I don't see morality as a weakness at all. Sometimes, as in the case of Man of Steel, morality gets tested...just as Kal-El's morality was tested.
      sigpic

Comment

Just came back from seeing the movie. Have to say that I was very disappointed with the first half of the movie. It just felt very disjointed and the narrative was really poor.

The second half of the movie offered all of the action anyone could want and the fight scenes were great which are the movies only really good points.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          I will respectfully have to disagree. To me our men and women in the military represent hope and optimism. Do they have to do some dirty things to guarantee our freedoms...yes. I think what Kal-El had to do just makes him more human. Look at all of the destruction caused to the Native Americans because of Europeans coming here. Wouldn't the world have been better off if the Europeans just left after they discovered this land was inhabited? I don't see morality as a weakness at all. Sometimes, as in the case of Man of Steel, morality gets tested...just as Kal-El's morality was tested.
          What does the military have to do with it.

As for the Native Americans, are you suggesting that the genocide committed against them was necessary for the creation of the United States? Are you saying that it was absolutely impossible for the colonies to peacefully co-exist with the Native Americans and work out some kind of compromise that would have been satisfactory to both sides?

Comment

Finally seeing this tonight!

Comment

Did anyone else notice that Gaeta was in this movie? and he was also in Smallville, i found that kinda weird....
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

"Gaeta" (Alessandro Juliani) was in the movie, which I thought was cool rather than weird. Although it was funny to see him in the same scene with Dr. Hamilton, his character in Smallville. He also shared a scene with "Helo" (Tahmoh Penikett). Of course, the fact that they were among the people who found the Krypton refugee ship was rather funny, given the way Galactica ended.

Glad to see one of my favorite singers, Allison Crowe, get some international exposure.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                  Did anyone else notice that Gaeta was in this movie? and he was also in Smallville, i found that kinda weird....

Yeah, I did notice.
                  sigpic
                  Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I was never a Superman fan, so I can't say how it the characters are true to their sources but I really liked what I saw and I hope that they will do a Trilogy about this one but unless it includes Zack Snyder and all other crew members and actors in it.

I really liked Russell Crowe in it, in his older days he is winning me as a fan of his. Henry Cavill was good as well and I liked his earth parents. Amy Adams was good as well and not that annoying as one would have thought. I really liked Laurence Fishburne but I hope that he does some movies where he is on the front line again like in Matrix because I really like him. The score was good, not as good as the Batman Scores but it worked better in the movie than on cd, at least for me. I loved that there were some actors from the said tv shows.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X