This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Predators' Heads to the Jungles of Hawaii

20th Century Fox's "Predator" reboot/prequel "Predators" is looking to do a little shooting in the jungles of Hawaii. "Scouts for 20th Century Fox’s $40-million creature feature are back on the Big Island for their third week of scouting Hawaii most of it where a lot of jungles have been looked at.

The production would film for 18 days with an October start if the Hawaii portion is a go. That decision is expected to be made very soon…Some Hawaii production execs are being contacted about availability…" The creature feature is directed by Nimród Antal ("Vacancy") and begins filming September 28th at producer Robert Rodriguez’s Troublemaker Studios in Austin, TX. In this version, a group of humans will find themselves stranded on a planet home to Predators and must survive the horrors they encounter.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...s/news/?a=9667

Comment

First look at Robert Rodriguez's bloody, violent Predators

We're as interested as you are in any info about the plot of next summer's Robert Rodriguez-scripted Predators reboot. Today we got some tidbits from our friends at the Latino Review, who got a chance to read a 90-page script dated July 12, 2009 and shared some of that insider info with the rest of us.

continues:
      http://scifiwire.com/2009/09/first-l...obert-rodr.php

Comment

What I want to see is a predator sequel where AHHHHHHHnold, at his advanced age comes to the predator planet and kicks ass with his walker.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
          First look at Robert Rodriguez's bloody, violent Predators

We're as interested as you are in any info about the plot of next summer's Robert Rodriguez-scripted Predators reboot. Today we got some tidbits from our friends at the Latino Review, who got a chance to read a 90-page script dated July 12, 2009 and shared some of that insider info with the rest of us.

continues:
          http://scifiwire.com/2009/09/first-l...obert-rodr.php
          Interesting! Thanks for the link.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

In my opinion, this is a terrible idea. The first Predator movie was a classic, the second, not so much. To reboot them would be a bad move I think, especially the first. If anything, they should simply create Predator 3.
            sigpic
            It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
              In my opinion, this is a terrible idea. The first Predator movie was a classic, the second, not so much. To reboot them would be a bad move I think, especially the first. If anything, they should simply create Predator 3.
              this is a reboot in the sense that it is a sequal after a long hiatus, and going in a slightly different direction, it is still essentially a sequal. apparently rodriguez wrote his first draft for it before predator 2 came out!
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                this is a reboot in the sense that it is a sequal after a long hiatus, and going in a slightly different direction, it is still essentially a sequal. apparently rodriguez wrote his first draft for it before predator 2 came out!
                It seems I stand corrected.

Have been reading up on what the internet has to offer. By all accounts, Predator 3 (aka Predators) is based in the future, on a different planet, no doubt in a jungle or something, and features a group of Human Hunters who are going to try and capture one of the Predators. Seems the Hunters have become the Hunted, though no doubt all the Humans (or most) will end up dead.

I actually look forward to it, now that I know it isn't a typical remake.
                sigpic
                It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Adrien Brody To Join Predators Cast

According to First Showing, Oscar winner Adrian Brody will join the cast of Predators as well as Alice Braga (I Am Legend), Mahershalalhashbaz Ali ("The 4400"), Walton Goggins ("The Shield"), UFC fighter Oleg Taktarov, and Danny Trejo (confirming the rumors).

Apparently Brody ends up inheriting "the mantle of leader," while Braga will play the tough female killer. Ali plays a "man not afraid to die." Goggins is the loose canon of the group. And Taktarov is a former Russian special ops agent. Trejo will play Cuchillo, a hardened warrior with twin uzis strapped to his back.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=10724

Comment

nimrod antal speaks a little about the mmovie...not very big news but encouraging that he wont screw it up

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Nimr-...ors-15886.html

Comment

Man I can't wait until a teaser trailer is released for this. Actually seeing something will be so great.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Fishburne joins 'Predators' cast

Laurence Fishburne has joined the cast of Predators.

The Matrix star will play a character named Roland in Nimrod Antal's franchise reboot, reports Shock Till You Drop.

Adrien Brody, Topher Grace, Alice Braga, Mahershalalhashbaz Ali, Walt Goggins, Danny Trejo and Oleg Taktarov are already among the cast for the sci-fi action movie, which is being produced by Robert Rodriguez (Sin City).

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...tors-cast.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                          Fishburne joins 'Predators' cast

Laurence Fishburne has joined the cast of Predators.

The Matrix star will play a character named Roland in Nimrod Antal's franchise reboot, reports Shock Till You Drop.

Adrien Brody, Topher Grace, Alice Braga, Mahershalalhashbaz Ali, Walt Goggins, Danny Trejo and Oleg Taktarov are already among the cast for the sci-fi action movie, which is being produced by Robert Rodriguez (Sin City).

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...tors-cast.html
                          Very nice addition if you ask me.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Very nice addition if you ask me.
                            Watch it be Morpheus in disguise!

Comment

Sounds like its going back to its original roots. I'm quite excited about this now.
                              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

this is going to be an awesome movie.i cant wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X