Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can already imagine Predator walking in film set from Sin City or The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl 3-D
    '- Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!
    - Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth.
    - Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?
    - Yes.
    [long pause] - Friend!!'

Comment

Clearing Up Predator Reboot Rumors & Arnold's Involvment

Harry over at AICN has some cool contacts. He emailed Robert Rodriguez himself and asked Robert to clear up the bull**** about Arnie returning to the franchise that helped make him famous, below is Robert's reply:

"Online news is amazing, much more exciting than real life! There are so many sites saying that I'm actively pursuing Arnold! Feels like all i have to do is sit here, and let the websites do the work! Actually, what probably happened is someone conjured that up because of my 1994 draft, that had Dutch as a main character. And then it probably just built from there. But no, we're still writing a new script, and although I know Arnold personally and he's the coolest person on the planet, I have not contacted him about this at all at this time. As promised, I'll keep you posted on such developments since Predator is such a fan favorite. But then again, he could very well have told someone he'd be into it. Who knows? Personally, I haven't heard anything. But it's still early in the day.

-R"
      http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...S/news/?a=7904

Comment

That would be cool to have the character of Dutch involved in some way. It really would.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Neil Marshall rumoured for 'Predators'

British filmmaker Neil Marshall has been linked with the directing job for the Predator reboot.

According to horror website Bloody Disgusting, 20th Century Fox is in talks with Marshall (The Descent, Doomsday) to helm the franchise revival Predators.

Sin City's Robert Rodriguez has written the script for the new film and will produce through his Texas-based Troublemaker Studios.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...predators.html

Comment

Don't know about a reboot, but after the two AvP films, the whole Predator franchise certainly needs a good kick up the backside. Can't see Arnie being in it but I guess in Hollywood you never know...

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              Neil Marshall rumoured for 'Predators'

British filmmaker Neil Marshall has been linked with the directing job for the Predator reboot.

According to horror website Bloody Disgusting, 20th Century Fox is in talks with Marshall (The Descent, Doomsday) to helm the franchise revival Predators.

Sin City's Robert Rodriguez has written the script for the new film and will produce through his Texas-based Troublemaker Studios.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...predators.html
              I hope Marshall takes the gig. I loved The Descent.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Nimród Antal to direct Predators

Director Nimród Antal has been confirmed to direct Predators. The news comes following an interview between Ain’t It Cool News and producer Robert Rodriguez. Over the course of this discussion the Grindhouse helmer had this to say about the appointment:

“I always loved Kontroll, where he [Antal] proved himself to be a very resourceful and original filmmaker. When I saw Armored, I could tell he’s also great with action and has a keen eye for casting. He reminded me of Quentin with how he was able to work with a group of very strong, singular actor talents and make it look effortless. I know he’ll be able to get the most out of what we want to be an outstanding cast.”

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/?p=3652&preview=true

Comment

Robert Rodriguez reveals a bit more about Predators and confirms the director

Here's what Rodriguez told AICN's Harry Knowles about the story:

I can't go too much into the story right now, because we're still writing. But it still involves a very intense group of people stranded on a Predator planet discovering unspeakable horrors (that are not always from outside their group). So like the original movie, the title does have a double meaning. Aliens was a different take on the Alien idea, and an original movie in its own right, and that's what we want to do with this.

As for Antal (Kontroll), Rodriguez said this:

First of all, on a personal level I found him to be an outstanding presence, a great communicator full of ideas, and upon meeting him you can immediately understand how he is able to wrangle cast and crew and get the best out of everyone. I always loved Kontroll, where he proved himself to be a very resourceful and original filmmaker. When I saw Armored, I could tell he's also great with action and has a keen eye for casting. He reminded me of Quentin [Tarantino] with how he was able to work with a group of very strong, singular actor talents and make it look effortless. I know he'll be able to get the most out of what we want to be an outstanding cast. We really want to go with a character-driven action movie, because that's what we all remember about the original Predator, and we want to take it even further with this.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/robert-...ez-reveals.php

Comment

Sounds cool.
                    sigpic

Comment

I definitely like what I am hearing thus far. I hope that continues.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Rodriguez updates Predators

Rodriguez added that things are moving forward on Predators, the reboot/prequel film, which he's producing. Specifically, he said that he's loaned out his Austin, Texas, studio and crew to help breathe new life into the franchise. "I have a director on that [Nimród Antal], and it's my main crew that I usually use," he said. "It's taking place right there, so I get to walk in and see designs and comment on stuff and work on the script with him. We start shooting that pretty soon."

http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/rodrigu...es-predato.php

Comment

yes! yes! yes!
                          I like what I'm hearing

one of my favorites

Comment

I am glad to hear it will start filming soon.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Robert Rodriguez Says "Predators" will Ignore Predator 2 & AVP Films

With "Predators" coming out next year Robert Rodriguez had this to say:

“You really need great characters so that the audience feels they’re going on this journey with them,” he told MTV’s Josh Horowitz. “And I like the double-meaning of the title—the predators, are you talking about the creatures or are you talking about this group of humans that are actually going in there against them. Are they going to kill each other off if there were no predators?”

Rodriguez confirmed that the story will be driven by an ensemble cast and won’t take place on Earth. And he’s also hoping his version will wash away the taint of the “Aliens vs. Predator” spin-offs.

“Maybe people will forget all the bad sequels and only think this one and the original exist,” he laughed.

The 1987 original, of course, featured the machine gun stylings of the current Governor of California. If McG could find a way to weave Arnold into May’s “Terminator Salvation,” could Rodriguez pull off the same feat for “Predators”?

“I don’t know,” he said. “That would be really great. We’ve talked about hopefully seeing if he could be involved if we see there’s a place in the script."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...s/news/?a=9365

Comment

I really look forward to seeing what he can do with this movie.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X