Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, what did some others think of this movie?
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      When you say something is a good movie, it more then likely will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
        When you say something is a good movie, it more then likely will be.
        Thank you, my friend. I appreciate that.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Robert Rodriquez Confirms Predators Sequel!

"The studio said, 'Let's do some other ones. What other story ideas do you have?'" the filmmaker told IGN Movies in an interview conducted earlier today. "Because it was like, let's test out the market with this one. They really wanted it to be pretty contained, pretty scaled-back. They didn't want to put too many of the ideas into it that we could save for a second one."

"So we could see what the appetite was, because the bigger movie would actually be what comes following that. That kind of sets up a new storyline, new location and world, and then you can really go crazy from there."

Rodriguez went on to say that he already has "an idea" of what exactly he'd like to do with a follow up to the movie that was released only a few weeks ago. However, the site adds that he now plans on having, "other writers come in and pitch different versions of his basic premise, along with new concepts. And then, as with the first Predators, he'll pick the best one."

And as for whether he'll direct the sequel: "I don't know! I think I have too many people wanting me to do Sin City 2 first!"

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=20417

Comment

He didn't even directed Predators, so screw him. Get Nimrod back to make it while he can run off and do Sin City 2 (never seen the first, so not bothered either way if he directs it).

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
              AvP was stupid becasue there were humans. there was barely any aliens or predators.
              AvP2 was much bloodier, which was great, except the whole thing was completely dark so you could barely see anything the entire movie. Waste of time. the only good part was when that annoying chick got chopped in half, pinned to the wall, and her guts fell out. greatness.

looking forward to seeing this, and forgetting AvPs exist. (except in video games)
              And this is the reason cinemas are filling with gumf these days. "More gore" does not make a film better, not even slightly. The best in the alien franchise, and the best in the Predator franchise, had relatively little gore, and what it did have was well spread out for best effect. However, in AvP:R, they went form one over the top scene to the next, trying to push the boundaries. The directors actually said about one scene "we thought this scene would be good with more blood in it".
              Eh, no? How about a STORY that then has well proportioned gory in it?

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post

Best Predator film since Predator in 1987
              sigpic
              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                He didn't even directed Predators, so screw him. Get Nimrod back to make it while he can run off and do Sin City 2 (never seen the first, so not bothered either way if he directs it).
                Oh, and he may not have directed it, but the film was his baby, that he had worked on years ago. Nimrod may have directed it (and as Rodriguez admits, did a good job) it was still Robert's film
                sigpic
                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                  Oh, and he may not have directed it, but the film was his baby, that he had worked on years ago. Nimrod may have directed it (and as Rodriguez admits, did a good job) it was still Robert's film
                  but you don't give him all the credit. It's like slapping on "produced by Jackie Chan" or "Guest Starring Jackie Chan" (who's in it for all of 12 seconds) on movies from China simply because people don't know anyone in it.

Normally directors get all the credit, along with the actors, but I think people are overlooking Nimrod here.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                    To those who have seen the film, is it the best thus far? If not, what Predator films did you find better than the new one? Don't tell me about the plot, but make this a yes or no: do we see a Predator ship?
                    I like the original one the best. This one didn't blow my socks off.
                    Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                    Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                    GateCon Attendee 2008
                    Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                      Robert Rodriquez Confirms Predators Sequel!

"The studio said, 'Let's do some other ones. What other story ideas do you have?'" the filmmaker told IGN Movies in an interview conducted earlier today. "Because it was like, let's test out the market with this one. They really wanted it to be pretty contained, pretty scaled-back. They didn't want to put too many of the ideas into it that we could save for a second one."

"So we could see what the appetite was, because the bigger movie would actually be what comes following that. That kind of sets up a new storyline, new location and world, and then you can really go crazy from there."

Rodriguez went on to say that he already has "an idea" of what exactly he'd like to do with a follow up to the movie that was released only a few weeks ago. However, the site adds that he now plans on having, "other writers come in and pitch different versions of his basic premise, along with new concepts. And then, as with the first Predators, he'll pick the best one."

And as for whether he'll direct the sequel: "I don't know! I think I have too many people wanting me to do Sin City 2 first!"

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=20417
                      I am so happy this movie will get a sequel.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                        And this is the reason cinemas are filling with gumf these days. "More gore" does not make a film better, not even slightly. The best in the alien franchise, and the best in the Predator franchise, had relatively little gore, and what it did have was well spread out for best effect. However, in AvP:R, they went form one over the top scene to the next, trying to push the boundaries. The directors actually said about one scene "we thought this scene would be good with more blood in it".
                        Eh, no? How about a STORY that then has well proportioned gory in it?
                        Oh don't get my wrong, I completely agree with you. But because AVP:R was such garbage, all it had going for it was cool death scenes.
                        Alien was amazing, because it was so scary. And not in your face scary. It was teh suspense of the unknown that made it such an experience. Aliens was also awesome. Predator is fantastic. Predator 2 was not great.

Comment

Working...
                        X