No announcement yet.

Green Lantern Movie (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw the latest trailer at X-men (saw others online previously) and looks interesting enough to go see. Not terribly excited about it, but passable. I'll put Captain America and Cars 2 at a higher priority. I don't normally watch this many movies.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I've got the choice of watching it in 2D at 3pm or 3:30pm.

I'm aiming for 3pm as I have errands to run which conveniently put me closer to the 3:30pm cinema, but still within walking distance of the 3pm cinema. As I am taking my brother, I'd rather he not be forced to wait longer to see it plus I still hope to avoid the kids who may make a rush attempt at seeing just after school ends, meaning they can't see the 3pm showing.

sigpic

Comment

For those yet to see it, there is a scene during the credits not long after the movie ends which I believe is setting up the sequel. No real point in staying to watch the full credits after that scene.

Got back from it not so long ago. It was really enjoyable, but I thought the final fight was too short. His "introduction" to everyone was also a little weak but still enjoyable. I can't really say I saw a lot of references to the rest of the DC universe, but I did like Ferris' callsign was Sapphire (like the only one I really noticed). There is a scene with a hard drive, but I didn't catch the logo on it. Hoping that it will turn out to be a CADMUS emblem.

Overall I thought it was really good. I was glad to see the movie poke fun at the absurdity of people not recognising their friends when in superhero outfits. Ryans was fun to watch as I thought he did well when being his usual self and when acting more seriously about how he feels. I also liked the movie not take his powers too serious. He's not a Power Ranger, in the sense he transforms and instantly has the power to kick ass. So it was interesting to see him get abused during training and still thinking small scale.

I think the best part of the movie was perhaps Mark Strong as Sinestro. He was just wonderful to watch.
        Last edited by SaberBlade; 17 June 2011, 02:49 PM.

sigpic

Comment

going to go see it in about an hour or so.

Comment

Even though I'd class myself as a marvel fan, I do love the basic concept of Green lantern, plus I do like Ryan Reynolds as an actor. Saying that my reaction was abit mixed by his potrayal, but I'd dont know enough about Hal Jordan to know how the character is in the comics. And again while I do like Blake Lively, I just cant buy her as a fighter pilot.

There was definantly some good part to it, but for me pacing of the movie, was off. With it being an origin story, there was obviously going to be a lot of story that needed to be covered, but because of the hour and forty-ish minutes, it felt crammed and rushed and at times it felt like you'd missed something. Even saying that I thought some scenes did drag a little. Maybe if down the road these an extended addition, it mite solve some of these issues, but who can tell at this point.

The effects are a big part of the movie, and for the most part they were good. I only had issues with one effects scene
            Spoiler:
            Hal and Tomar Re flying thoug Oa. Ryan Reynolds head just looked out of place, like it was floating on the screen.

All in all, I'd probably say that enjoyable enough to pass the time but an average film at best. plus i dont think that it helped that both Thor an first Class set a pretty good standard for comic book movies this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              The effects are a big part of the movie, and for the most part they were good. I only had issues with one effects scene
              Spoiler:
              Hal and Tomar Re flying thoug Oa. Ryan Reynolds head just looked out of place, like it was floating on the screen.
              I noticed that too. It was like everything was all digital, but that one part but it was misaligned or just too big for everything else.

sigpic

Comment

I've been looking forward to see GL, but the initial reviews have me worried a bit. I saw Thor and I thought it was meh. So how would you guys compare GL with other superhero movies like Thor, First Class etc?

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                I think the best part of the movie was perhaps Jason Isaacs as Sinestro. He was just wonderful to watch.
                I thought Mark Strong plays Sinestro...?
                "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

**** that's right. Isaacs voiced him in Emerald Knights. Teaches me for watching the new Potter trailer before writing that, got my actors mixed up.

But yeah, Mark Strong. I've seen him in a few movies over the past few years (Sherlock Holmes, Kick Ass, Robin Hood) and while the others were alright, he was really enjoyable to watch in this one. It's definitely going to make the sequel much more interesting.

sigpic

Comment

so I gotta tell you after months of waiting I wasn't disappointed. I enjoyed every minute of it. all the main actors were great at the respective roles. The Score was interesting. the only thing that made me wonder is that in the comics Parallax was never ever fully defeated and yet in this movie
                    Spoiler:
                    Hal Jordan Defeated Parallax by forcing the entity into the sun.

and i also enjoyed at the after credits end scene.
                    Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 17 June 2011, 06:00 PM.

Comment

I can't wait to see this.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        I can't wait to see this.
                        i hope you like it. i know i did.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          i hope you like it. i know i did.
                          I really hope so too.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Seems like a movie to watch indeed...
                            The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Box office update: 'Green Lantern' wins Friday with $21.6 million

As expected, Green Lantern lit up the box office yesterday: According to early estimates, the emerald-superhero romp grossed $21.6 million. By comparison, Thor — another film about a cosmic superhero without much mainstream name recognition — grossed $25.7 million on its opening day last month. Since reviews haven’t been too kind, I’m betting Lantern will experience a bit of a drop-off on the way to a weekend gross in the area of $55 million. (It also grossed $3.4 million in midnight screenings on Thursday.) It’s hardly a disappointment, although the PG-13 film will have an uphill battle trying to recoup its $200 million budget. It’ll be interesting to whether Lantern‘s foreign grosses can bolster the film’s overall performance. (Never underestimate the cross-cultural appeal of colorful, semi-abstract space battles

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/06/1...ern-mr-popper/

Hi, I'm a Marvel...and I'm a DC: Green Lantern Vs. The Critics:-
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=_-AHP7UnUoU

Comment

i remember reading somewhere that they cut out about a minute and 9 seconds worth of footage from the theatrical cut so hopefully that footage will be in an uncut/unrated version when it comes out DVD near the end of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X