Green Lantern Movie (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
    As much I have liked some of Wahlberg's movies in the past such as The Other Guys, The Departed, Shooter, Big Hit, The Italian Job, Three Kings.. wait, don't remember if I actually liked that, even Planet of the Apes (when not compared to the original), I've never seen him as superhero material. Even when playing an *******, he still comes off as a nice guy. I'm not even sure I want him playing Nathan Drake (I'm still sore Nathan Fillion didn't get it).
    I wanted Nathan Fillion to get it. Nathan Drake or Hal Jordon.....even if he has already voiced him.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      No, it wasn't a joke. Never heard of him before...and never watched any of those shows.
      You never watched Firefly?!?!!??!!?!?!!??!?!!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
        You never watched Firefly?!?!!??!!?!?!!??!?!!?!?!?
        No, I didn't. It was during a time when all I watched on TV were paranormal shows and stargate. I might have seen an episode or two...but it didn't keep my attention.

Anyhoo...back to Green Lantern.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          As much I have liked some of Wahlberg's movies in the past such as The Other Guys, The Departed, Shooter, Big Hit, The Italian Job, Three Kings.. wait, don't remember if I actually liked that, even Planet of the Apes (when not compared to the original), I've never seen him as superhero material. Even when playing an *******, he still comes off as a nice guy. I'm not even sure I want him playing Nathan Drake (I'm still sore Nathan Fillion didn't get it).
          and Ryan Reynolds comes off as Hal Jordan the biggest badass in the universe?

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
            I wanted Nathan Fillion to get it. Nathan Drake or Hal Jordon.....even if he has already voiced him.
            Reynolds beat out Justin Timberlake for the role. Justin Timberlake as Green Lantern? Jeez what were they thinking?

Comment

William Fichtner would have made a great sinestro.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                Reynolds beat out Justin Timberlake for the role. Justin Timberlake as Green Lantern? Jeez what were they thinking?
                Yeah, that was definitely a wise decision on their part.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Yeah, that was definitely a wise decision on their part.
                  There is a special place in hell for those that miscast movies and those making spoofs on novels/comic books.

Comment

i thought that reynolds did a good job (of course i never read the comics) as for timberlake, i think that would have just be wrong lol.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                      i thought that reynolds did a good job (of course i never read the comics) as for timberlake, i think that would have just be wrong lol.
                      Hal Jordan was a no sense of humor hardass that superman was afraid of. Your kid sister could whip Reynolds in a fair fight.

Comment

Hal Jordan was a no sense of humor hardass that superman was afraid of. Your kid sister could whip Reynolds in a fair fight.
                        But you're comparing a comic personality to what you perceive a real person's personality is. I guess the question is was Reynolds' acting chops up to par? As I stated earlier in this thread...he was "ok" IMHO...but reminded me of a spastic puppy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          But you're comparing a comic personality to what you perceive a real person's personality is. I guess the question is was Reynolds' acting chops up to par? As I stated earlier in this thread...he was "ok" IMHO...but reminded me of a spastic puppy.
                          He disgraced the legacy of Hal Jordan.

Comment

He disgraced the legacy of Hal Jordan.
                            Since I never read the comics...I can't speak to that. But I'll stick with calling him a spastic puppy!
                            sigpic

Comment

The problem with Ryan Reynolds is the impression he'd be a cool guy to hang out with. Even if Reynolds played a guy so badass that Superman was afraid of what he could do, it would just add to his hang out appeal.

sigpic

Comment

To me, he seemed too much of a jock and too conceited, look at me, everyone gives me opportunities but I'm still not happy. Bleh. To me, only Green Hornet was worse from the superhero/comic movies that came out this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X