Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curse these trailers for constantly getting my hopes up!

Spoiler:
    Though I don't remember the bit where Niteowl and Silk Spectre kiss in front of a mushroom cloud.

Comment

Watchmen's Sally Jupiter Sexy At Every Age

About a new Watchmen featurette that's about the Silk Spectres.

Comment

This is the make or break comic book movie, kids. Can the most acclaimed 'graphic novel' of all time make it big with the fans AND the critics AND the box office?

If it sucks, I'll cry.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
          Curse these trailers for constantly getting my hopes up!

Spoiler:
          Though I don't remember the bit where Niteowl and Silk Spectre kiss in front of a mushroom cloud.
          really? that's an iconic bit!! it's in a dream obviously though
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Don't know if you guys heard about this or not, but (huge ending spoilers)
            Spoiler:
            it looks like is no giant squid in the movie.

Source.

Personally, I don't mind the
            Spoiler:
            lack of squid. I never really got the importance of it while reading and it seemed kind of silly and out of place to me.

Comment

Originally posted by PuddleJumper42 View Post
              Don't know if you guys heard about this or not, but (huge ending spoilers)
              Spoiler:
              it looks like is no giant squid in the movie.

Source.

Personally, I don't mind the
              Spoiler:
              lack of squid. I never really got the importance of it while reading and it seemed kind of silly and out of place to me.
              the whole point was
              Spoiler:
              that it was something unexpected and outside of the general experiences of the people of the world and would cause the kind of mass panic which would join the world together and end the war.

also, new posters out!!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/wa...ws.php?id=7806
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                I always thought that the appearance of a giant squid was a poor way to unite the world against a common threat. The death toll was right, but it was too sudden to really mobilize against common foe. You can't team up to fight a war if your enemy uses up all their offensive abilities in a single effort.
                Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                Caboose: They could be worse?
                Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  I always thought that the appearance of a giant squid was a poor way to unite the world against a common threat. The death toll was right, but it was too sudden to really mobilize against common foe. You can't team up to fight a war if your enemy uses up all their offensive abilities in a single effort.
                  the idea wasn't to team up to fight a war, but to find common ground against a threat that noone knew when it would come
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  Quotes!
                  sigpic

Comment

The new trailer is up! And it's goooood.

(Also, if you haven't seen the new posters yet, they're also on that site.)

Comment

if like me, that trailer doesn't work, it's also here
                      http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/11...ie-trailer.php
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      Quotes!
                      sigpic

Comment

thought i'd bump this in light of the recent news of the end of the Fox/WB lawsuit

here's some trailers
                        http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/wa...ers-videos.php
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        Quotes!
                        sigpic

Comment

'Watchmen' director Zack Snyder launches new website (EW.com exclusive!)

Watchmen and 300 director Zack Snyder is launching cruelfilms.com, the website for his production company Cruel and Unusual Films, and has provided EW.com with this never-before-seen image from one of the opening scenes from Watchmen, which opens March 6. The image, Snyder says, is one of the first glimpses audiences will have of the film's anti-hero, Rorschach, as he shoots a grappling gun into the Comedian's apartment while investigating his fallen comrade's mysterious death. (More on the film in a bit.)

"We just wanted to have a place where people could see what we're up to," Snyder tells EW.com exclusively about the site. "As a company, we're into a lot of cool stuff, like aesthetic and design. The movies we make, and are making, feed a lot off of pop-culture." The site includes a section called The Lounge, where the company -- which includes company co-president Deborah Synder (who's also Zack's wife), and producer Wesley Coller -- list what they're watching (the anime film Appleseed), reading (Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead) and listening to (Allison Crow's "Hallelujah"). Snyder also invites artists to submit versions of the Cruel and Unusual Films logo: A rough-and-tumble anime Catholic schoolgirl called Baby Doll who'll be the heroine of Snyder's in-the-works project Sucker Punch. "I always thought it would be cool, like, 'Hey, Frank Miller, you should draw a version of Baby Doll,'" Snyder says. "[Drawing her] is kind of a fun assignment, you know, for the world."

The rest of the site includes an eclectic collection of links to sites that have captured the company's fancy -- including the website for Violet's Cakes, a cupcake confectionery owned by Snyder's ex-wife -- and a listing of all of Cruel and Unusual Films' projects. Watchmen, based on the famed graphic novel, just had a massive weight lifted from its shoulders after Warner Bros. and Fox settled a legal dispute over the rights to the film -- a dispute that had threatened to keep the finished film out of theaters indefinitely. The settlement, Snyder says, is "a big relief to me. I'm glad that cooler heads prevailed and the fans are not going to have to resort to any criminal acts." He laughs. "I'm half-joking. I'm glad there's that kind of passion [about the movie], I guess

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/...men-cruel.html

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                            thought i'd bump this in light of the recent news of the end of the Fox/WB lawsuit

here's some trailers
                            http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/wa...ers-videos.php
                            Looking at the Japanese trailer there,
                            Spoiler:
                            it seems to me that the ending is still there, or at least we get some random blue blast in NY

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                              Looking at the Japanese trailer there,
                              Spoiler:
                              it seems to me that the ending is still there, or at least we get some random blue blast in NY
                              Spoiler:
                              but no alien.... the alien is most important!! you can't just have a blue blast! i want the 5th-dimensional-cephalapod!!!!!
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              Quotes!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                but no alien.... the alien is most important!! you can't just have a blue blast! i want the 5th-dimensional-cephalapod!!!!!
                                There's not going to be one. It's been confirmed several times.

Comment

Working...
                                X