Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished it. Has to go back to the library since there's many others waiting to read it. I checked out the movie. Ended up finding out that Alan Moore just doesn't like anyone making movies from his stuff. Though he seemed to get shafted by Marvel and DC too over the years. I do have to wonder if we'll be seeing a naked blue guy on the big screen

My local library seems to have many of his works. I'm getting V for Vendetta next.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
      Finished it. Has to go back to the library since there's many others waiting to read it. I checked out the movie. Ended up finding out that Alan Moore just doesn't like anyone making movies from his stuff. Though he seemed to get shafted by Marvel and DC too over the years. I do have to wonder if we'll be seeing a naked blue guy on the big screen

My local library seems to have many of his works. I'm getting V for Vendetta next.
      Ahhh, the library. That's how I started reading Alan Moore (and graphics novels in general) as well.....and then I absolutely had to buy my own copy Watchmen after reading it (and then I had to borrow the giant-size version from the library anyway when they bought that.....). And then I bought V for Vendetta. Which I didn't read right away because I wanted to movie completely out of my mind before I read it.....and now still haven't read it. Must do soon.

The only other movie adaption of his work that I've seen is "From Hell", which wasn't a bad movie. But I have no idea how it compares to the original source material, as I have not read it.

I've been wondering that about Doctor Manhattan myself.....

But I don't want to know anything about this movie ahead of time. I just want to sit down in the theater and be surprised. And if it's good, it's good. If it's not I've wasted $10 and I'll just go back to the graphic novel. A bad adaption doesn't change how I read a book.

Anyway, I'd say Watchmen is my second favourite graphic novel.....after Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" series.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        Ahhh, the library. That's how I started reading Alan Moore (and graphics novels in general) as well.....and then I absolutely had to buy my own copy Watchmen after reading it (and then I had to borrow the giant-size version from the library anyway when they bought that.....). And then I bought V for Vendetta. Which I didn't read right away because I wanted to movie completely out of my mind before I read it.....and now still haven't read it. Must do soon.

The only other movie adaption of his work that I've seen is "From Hell", which wasn't a bad movie. But I have no idea how it compares to the original source material, as I have not read it.

I've been wondering that about Doctor Manhattan myself.....

But I don't want to know anything about this movie ahead of time. I just want to sit down in the theater and be surprised. And if it's good, it's good. If it's not I've wasted $10 and I'll just go back to the graphic novel. A bad adaption doesn't change how I read a book.

Anyway, I'd say Watchmen is my second favourite graphic novel.....after Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" series.
        i'm sure doc manhattan will just wear those briefs he wears in the book all the time,
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A-rI7TTz2k

Awesome!

NEw link!
          http://link.brightcove.com/services/...cpid1670081657
          Last edited by Kebab Gud; 17 July 2008, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Not anymore.

(But having seen it earlier in the day, I can agree with the OMGAWESOME sentiment. Entirely.)
            Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

NONONONONONONONONONO!!!!! I missed it. Why would they take down a trailer? That's kinda like shooting yourself in the foot isn't it?

Comment

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSrgvJ2JyHs
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Oh my god. This kinda looks like it'll rock.

Comment

Watchmen, was it alan moore or frank miller?..
                    sigpic

Comment

Alan Moore (and Dave Gibbons).
                      Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm excited, but I'm not really sure how the graphic novel will be interpreted onto the big screen. It's pretty complex and discombobulated.

Comment

I just saw this trailer on the big screen and it was effing EPIC. And Zack Snyder's directing

Comment

Wow. That actually looks good!
                            "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Found some pics:

Spoiler:

Patrick Wilson as Nite Owl II with Malin Akerman as Silk Spectre II.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan as The Comedian and Carla Gugino as the original Silk Spectre.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan as The Comedian

enjoy.
                              Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Here are some more:

Spoiler:

Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach

Billy Crudup as Jon Osterman in transformation
                                Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Working...
                                X