• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The are better

i recommend the saturday morning Watchmen cartoon vid
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

Some sad news guys:

An Oregon Man Commits Suicide During Watchmen:

A Eugene, Oregon man shot himself to death in a movie theater while watching a late showing of Watchmen, just after midnight Monday morning.

Authorities say about 10 other customers were in Regal Cinemas watching the hit flick when a few registered complaints with the manager of a “popping”-like noise they heard about halfway through the film. The 24-year-old man was found in the rear of the auditorium with a gunshot wound to the head. Police say the man committed suicide and was dead when they arrived.
      source
      Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Watchmen DVD/Blu-Ray Specs

Watchmen Director’s Cut 2-Disc Digital Copy Special Edition DVD:

Director’s Cut (additional 25 min.)
        Newly included footage contains more Rorschach and a scene of Hollis Mason’s death
        The Phenomenon: The Comic That Changed Comics [Learn how the subversive, thematically complex, award winning comic that changed literature, inspired analytical debate, and won countless fans, was created]
        Watchmen: Webisodes
        My Chemical Romance Desolation Row Music Video
        Digital Copy

Watchmen Director’s Cut Blu-ray Disc:

Director’s Cut (additional 25 min.)
        Newly included footage contains more Rorschach and a scene of Hollis Mason’s death.
        Warner Bros. Maximum Movie Mode [With Watchmen Director Zack Snyder as our host, we’ll dive deep into the intricacies of the Watchmen.]
        Director walk-ons with scene analysis
        Picture-in-picture video from the cast and crew
        Side-by-side comparisons of the graphic novel and the film
        Timeline comparisons of our world events to those from Watchmen
        Photo galleries of production stills and storyboards
        The Phenomenon: The Comic That Changed Comics [Learn how the subversive, thematically complex, award winning comic that changed literature, inspired analytical debate, and won countless fans, was created]
        Real Superheroes, Real Vigilantes [Explores the fascination and psychology behind real-world vigilantes and where that behavior crosses over into actually donning the hood and behaving as superheroes.]
        Mechanics: Technologies of a Fantastic World [The creators of Watchmen had a great understanding of engineering and science, allowing for plausible mechanics in their characters tools and the world itself. This featurette will guide the viewer through the filmmakers process of turning these technologies into cinematic reality]
        My Chemical Romance Desolation Row Music Video
        BD-Live with even more content
        Digital Copy

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...S/news/?a=7506

Comment

A bit late with the review...

The Good:
          >Almost everything.
          >The opening sequence. Wow.
          >Using Manhattan as the ultimate weapon/boogie man was far better and more believable than Ozy creating Cthulhu. When I saw the cyclopean cephalopod, I was like... Doesn't this undermine the whole 'real world' base of the book? Mahnattan was an extreme fluke and should have remained the only truly 'super' thing in the comic, but the presence of psychics and the ability to create that kind of creature really took away from the comic for me. And when Cthulhu detracts from a comic, that says alot.

The Bad:
          >99 Luft Balloons? Seriously?! I actually said, "Wtf?!"

The Verdict:
          >Really enjoyable and faithful to the source material. I plan to buy the dvd and keep it right next to my Absolute Watchmen.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Quick aside...
            What do the Star Trek TNG episode 'Night Terrors' *shudder* and the movie Watchmen have in common? You have until Monday, then I reveal.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
              The Bad:
              >99 Luft Balloons? Seriously?! I actually said, "Wtf?!"
              the lyrics of that song are actually very pertinant to the story, and the fact that war could break out at the drop of a hat, amongst other things.

You and I in a little toy shop
              Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got.
              Set them free at the break of dawn
              'Til one by one, they were gone.
              Back at base, bugs in the software
              Flash the message, Something's out there.

Floating in the summer sky.
              99 red balloons go by.

99 red balloons.
              floating in the summer sky.
              Panic bells, it's red alert.
              There's something here from somewhere else.
              The war machine springs to life.

Opens up one eager eye.
              Focusing it on the sky.
              Where 99 red balloons go by.

99 Decision Street.
              99 ministers meet.
              To worry, worry, super-scurry.
              Call the troops out in a hurry.
              This is what we've waited for.
              This is it boys, this is war.
              The president is on the line
              As 99 red balloons go by.

99 Knights of the air
              Ride super-high-tech jet fighters
              Everyone's a superhero.
              Everyone's a Captain Kirk.
              With orders to identify.
              To clarify and classify.
              Scramble in the summer sky.
              As 99 red balloons go by.

99 dreams I have had.
              In every one a red balloon.
              It's all over and I'm standing pretty.
              In this dust that was a city.
              If I could find a souvenier.
              Just to prove the world was here.
              And here is a red balloon
              I think of you and let it go.
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

Whether or not the lyrics were relevant, the style of the music itself as well as its positioning were quite jarring. Sure, it's a lovey song mixed with the two lovers in the story, but it literally made people in the cinema look around and grumble, if not laugh in that 'WTF' way.

All the answers to my question. Wow!
                ...and now: the eagerly anticipated answer to the mind-boggling question, "What do TNG's 'Night Terrors' and the movie Watchmen have in common?"
                Spoiler:
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

WATCHMEN: DIRECTOR'S CUT

A deleted scene featuring the Hollis Mason character is up over at Latino Review. In it, Hollis talks to Sally Jupiter and receives house-guests. This might sound boring, but this is a Zack Snyder film
                  . Consider this a main sequence spoiler if you have never read the book. Promoting the film last spring, Snyder mentioned this was the scene he had the hardest time cutting in the theatrical version.
                  Plus, CHUD has a list of exclusive seens left on the cutting room floor.

Enjoy.
                  Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Originally posted by Artha O'neill View Post
                    Some sad news guys:

Eugene (KMTR) – A man shot himself to death in a Eugene movie theater just after midnight Monday morning.

Police say about 10 patrons were in an auditorium at Regal Cinemas watching the movie “Watchmen.” About midway through the film some of the moviegoers told the manager they heard a “popping” noise like a gunshot. A 24-year-old man was found in the rear of the auditorium with a gunshot wound to the head.

Police say the man shot himself and was dead when they arrived.

The patron closest to the man was sitting two rows away.
                    source
                    I guess he didn't like the film.

Comment

Originally posted by Artha O'neill View Post
                      Some sad news guys:

source
                      Well....I liked it, anyway.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Saw this the other day and thought it was great! Better than Sin City.

Have never read the comics.
                        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                          i thought it was awesome, i enjoyed it a lot, even my girlfriend enjoyed it, i thought the pace was brilliant, i never got bored for a second, whereas in TDK i was looking at my watch quite a bit in some parts.
                          my girlfriend asked me a few questions, all of which i answered with "just watch and you'll find out" and she did, i can only imagine the movie is better on the second viewing for people like that.

this movie is better than 300 in every way imho, the gore is brilliantly and comedically done,
                          Spoiler:
                          watching an unassuming bespectactled guy break a beefy thug's arm is hilarious not something you'd expect to see in real life, but then again clark kent is a just an unassuming bespectacled guy too

there are a few things i was sad to not see,
                          a) more of hollis mason
                          b) snow speeders (they walked!!)

it's a shame to keep the nength of the movie down they cut a lot of characterisation to keep in as much action as possible, i look forward to the directors cut with baited breath

Yeah i enjoyed Watchmen quite a bit most people i have talked see it is good , but very weird ! i don't think my Mom liked it she didn't like the strong sex and violence , but i think that added to the movie quite a bit.

i especially liked Jackie Earle Haley i thought he is very cute in the movie with and without the mask
                          sigpic
                          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

geez another rorschach thunker
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            Quotes!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                              geez another rorschach thunker
                              well at least he is not Dr. Manhattan being blue and naked all day he leaves nothing to the imagination ohhh !, Rorschach is interesting and mysterious and tough as nails , just the way i like them

i am sure you can tell i am female !
                              Last edited by MIZA; 24 July 2009, 06:35 PM.
                              sigpic
                              May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

you should go to www.watchmencomicmovie.com i am a member of the forum there and there are a lot of rorschach thunkers over there
                                Spoiler:
                                Disclaimer:
                                Quotes!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X