Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember that feeling of watching Sin City on the big screen and being blown away by what a faithful translation of the source material it was, in terms of both content and visuals? Triple that, and you’ll come close to watching Watchmen
    Three times nothing is still nothing.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Three times nothing is still nothing.

(Granted I've never actually read any of the "source material" but movie-wise I thought Sin City was awesome)

Comment

Oh wow, my (colossal) mistake. Somehow the words "Sin City" translated in my head into "300". It was 300 I hated, Sin City was fantastic. Okay, good quote after all
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

awesome!!!! i haven't looked forward to a movie so much in my life! and after spidey 3 i told myself i would never get so hyped up for a movie in case i was let down again, but i can't help it!!
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Bad news-

WB's Motion to Dismiss "Watchmen" Lawsuit Denied

Could "Watchmen" Be Delayed Due To Legal Trouble?

and-

Who Wants To Watch Three Hours Of Watchmen?
            Regarding that last one: I DO!

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
            awesome!!!! i haven't looked forward to a movie so much in my life! and after spidey 3 i told myself i would never get so hyped up for a movie in case i was let down again, but i can't help it!!
            I don't think I've been this hyped for a movie since Lord of the Rings came out.

Comment

i signed the petition
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

Nothing new except for some very Hi-Res magazine covers from a Brazilian magazine of The Comedian, Silk Spectre II, Dr. Manhattan, and Rorschach. (Guess Nite Owl II and Ozymandias weren't cool enough.)

Over here.

Comment

I finally got to see the Dark Knight on Thursday and guess what trailer I saw? Watchmen looks AWESOME on the big screen. My 8 year old son now wants to watch it. oops.
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Watchmen Trial Set For January

Comment

There was a special presentation for Watchmen a few days ago, which among other things showed 23 minutes of movie footage (including the first 12 minutes of the movie).

More info here.

And a better description of the footage is over here.

Also, it looks like the next trailer will be in front of Quantum of Solace (the new James Bond flick) which comes out in the US November 14th.

Comment

well i discovered the move trailer on a website, and i sow it was made by the same guys as 300. i thought wow cool, gonna be fancy graphics and action. then i discovered it was a comic and i read it.

i hope it will last more then 2 hours, since not easy story to read.
                        i was shocked off ending, i was like wow that can happend, wtf.
                        but it's a great comic, i hope he makes it pretty good.
                        trailer seems cool. but gotta see the rest of the movie.
                        i dont know if anyone has said it, but when it comes on directors cut it will have a second dvd that will the story of the pirate comic strip that is there. dnt remember the name now.

but that i cant wait to see
                        now my brothers in arms,, i stand before you now, like our for father did in the heed of battel,let us take the steel and our honor to victory

Comment

"Tales of the Black Freighter" it's called
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          Quotes!
                          sigpic

Comment

The comic... Wow. Alan Moore is truly the best comics writer out there.
                            The movie... Wow. Alan Moore has had the worst luck with screen adaptations of his work. The trailer looks faithful to the cource material so far. Here's hoping.
                            The music... Wow. Alan Moo... Sorry. The trailer music is stuck in my head now, just like Danny Elfman's 'The Little Things' from 'WANTED' was stuck in my head!
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/
                              good watchmen site, up to date news and info,
                              new trailer
                              http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/10...am-trailer.php
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              Quotes!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                                http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/
                                good watchmen site, up to date news and info,
                                new trailer
                                http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/10...am-trailer.php
                                I saw the new trailer last night. Some stuff we've seen in the previous trailer but a good amount of new stuff. (I had to sit through most of Scream 2008 just to see it, but it was worth it.)

Comment

Working...
                                X