This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Wow, that's a little bit harsh IMO. At least give it another episode or two before calling for it's immediate execution.
    Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
    I've been over there (Sci-Fi) and most of those posting hate it. Also there's a petition to get rid of it now.
    Yeah and I'm in the middle of it. Not sure what to do.

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
    Because it was a copy of SG-1's. And it was alright.
    Yeah that's why it was so good! Took SG-1 and just added a more adventurous and dark, with little boundaries to it.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm giving it one more episode but it will have to come on strong. It this point I would rather see Lost in Space reruns then this show. And the only reason I will is I am so desperate to see "Sci Fi" on the Sci Fi Channel. I am so sick of seeing Horror/Giant Bugs/Wrestling as their number one focus.
      Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

"Flash Gordon" - SyFy Portal: Premiere Ratings:

From SyFy Portal:

http://www.syfyportal.com/news424041.html

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

'Flash Gordon' Pulls In Decent Premiere Ratings

By MICHAEL HINMAN

Aug-13-2007

While they might not be something Bonnie Hammer is hanging up on her
        refrigerator, the new "Flash Gordon" series debuted to respectable
        numbers Friday night.

SciFi Channel called it the best-rated series premiere of 2007,
        earning a 1.5 household rating from Nielsen Media Research,
        representing approximately 2.1 million viewers. Those numbers
        finished ahead of two other series premieres over the past eight
        months on the network -- "Painkiller Jane" earned a 1.3 household,
        while "The Dresden Files" clocked a 1.4 household in its series debut.

**snippage**

<><><><><><><>

It will be interesting to see what the ratings for episode #2 are.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
          It will be interesting to see what the ratings for episode #2 are.
          Considering how badly this show has been received by viewers, I will shocked if it gets higher than 1.3

Comment

Oh my! The SGA finale got a 1.5!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AnUbIs2004 View Post
              Considering how badly this show has been received by viewers, I will shocked if it gets higher than 1.3
              Yeah, it will be interesting to see how many of those initial viewers give it another week to improve on itself.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I was watching an episode of Star Trek: Voyager today called "Bride of Chaotica!" in which photonic beings mistake Tom Paris' Captain Proton holodeck program for reality. Captain Proton is basically the old Flash Gordon serials. Anywhoo when i was watching this i was like they should have casted the guy that played Chaotica for Ming, since that was basically who he was supposed to be. He would have been much better then the guy they did cast.

Comment

Well, the thing was that for the new Flash Gordon, they wanted to cast someone who wasn't going to be portrayed as Asian to get rid of the stereotypes.
                  Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                  Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                  Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                  --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Painkiller Jane has finally been "put down" by Skiffy:

http://www.syfyportal.com/news424044.html

One can only hope Flash won't be far behind.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

this is sad both fanchies(sp) had great potential, but it seem bad writers spoiled the broth
                      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by cheese View Post
                        The idea of Flash Gordon without the Queen theme makes me very very sad indeed.
                        me too cheese me too
                        Originally posted by cowpants
                        ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
                        Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        Rosilin for pres

Comment

The ratings of course will go down. It always happens. Pilots get the biggest ratings as people watch out of curiosity, and some will come back, others will rather stick their fingers in a lightsocket than watch another hour of it

FG had potential which, as far as I could see, hasn't been reached and probably won't be reached. Casting is part of the problem. The kids (Flash, the bad guy's daughter) seem far too old to be the children of the parents. You put 'em side by side and go huh, did they have their kids when they were 10?

None of the characters are very thrilling to watch, the dialogue is, well, substandard (except in a few cases you do laugh, like when Flash tells, oh, whoever, not to smash the blender as it's his mothers, or something like that, during the kitchen fight scene) but those gems are few and far between. Every single evil/semi-evil female nemesis must always be in midriff exposing tight outfits (this must in SciFi.com contracts - if you're a pretty in shape woman, the midriff is exposed!)

I'll watch it next week, only cuz, well, I'm looking for SGA ads and well, SGA/SG1 actors may appear. It's made in Vancouver. Of course, I'll be on the PC and probably doing something else while watching it as I do have my limits

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            The ratings of course will go down. It always happens. Pilots get the biggest ratings as people watch out of curiosity, and some will come back, others will rather stick their fingers in a lightsocket than watch another hour of it
                            I am hoping SGA will pull in way over a 1.5+ for the Season 4 premiere and at least stay around the 1.4 to 1.5 mark. That should secure a 5th season. Flash's ratings are not going to stay at a 1.5, there is too much negativity surronding the show, not just from on-line fans but from TV critics.

BTW they axed PKJ, that show was averaging like a .7 or .8. Those are bad numbers.

Compare past show premiere ratings that aired on Sci-fi, in order from best to worst...

Eureka - 3.2 (Still going strong)
                            SGA - 3.2 (Still going strong)
                            BSG - 2.6 (Ending by producer's choice)
                            Flash - 1.5 (too soon to tell the fate)
                            Dresden Files - 1.4 (Cancelled)
                            PKJ - 1.3 (Cancelled)
                            Destination Truth - 1.2

Eureka and SGA are going to be the shows that carry this network past 2008!
                            sigpic

Comment

OT: "Flash Gordon" - IGN: Pilot Review:

From IGN:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/812/812487p1.html

(Please follow the link for the complete review. The author rated this episode with a 2.9 out of 10.)

Flash Gordon: "Pilot" Review

Flash Gordon hits the 21st Century with a resounding shrug.

by Travis Fickett

August 13, 2007 - The name Flash Gordon might evoke a number of things. There's the cheesy 1980 movie, complete with over the top Queen music and camp covering every square inch. Then there's the original comic strip and the film serials of the '30s, where the series featured a square-jawed hero battling outlandish enemies in alien landscapes. The new Sci Fi series, also titled Flash Gordon, decides to take a different approach. Rather than emulate that pulp spirit, this series takes it out back and puts a bullet in its head.

It's a misfire in virtually every sense of the word....

**snippage**

There are a few elements that you would expect to see in a Flash Gordon show - two fisted, cliffhanging action is one of them. The action in this show has all the impact of a slap fight between seven-year-old girls. The stunts are insipid and the direction flat. The average fan film found on YouTube is better produced than this. There are three "action sequences" in the show: Flash runs on top of a Winnebago, Flash and Dale fight a robot and then a sort of chase/fight between Flash and the two "girls of Mongo." That's it. Pick any show from the last, oh - let's say five years - that is remotely considered an action show - pick a bad episode. Whatever you're picturing - it's better than this.

**snippage**

Flash Gordon isn't just bad, it's shameful. This entire production was rushed and it feels that way. There's no creativity or inspiration in the design, the writing, the direction, the effects or the casting. The idea of having a wormhole between Earth and Mongo might be interesting, but here it drains all urgency and adventure from the concept. Flash Gordon was about an Earthman stranded on an alien planet. It was this sense of isolation that was a key component of the story. They've taken that away, and they've added nothing and failed in the execution of what's left. For fans of science fiction, there's nothing here worth watching. For fans of Flash Gordon, you should know that this show just flipped you the bird.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                I am hoping SGA will pull in way over a 1.5+ for the Season 4 premiere and at least stay around the 1.4 to 1.5 mark. That should secure a 5th season. Flash's ratings are not going to stay at a 1.5, there is too much negativity surronding the show, not just from on-line fans but from TV critics.

BTW they axed PKJ, that show was averaging like a .7 or .8. Those are bad numbers.

Compare past show premiere ratings that aired on Sci-fi, in order from best to worst...

Eureka - 3.2 (Still going strong)
                                SGA - 3.2 (Still going strong)
                                BSG - 2.6 (Ending by producer's choice)
                                Flash - 1.5 (too soon to tell the fate)
                                Dresden Files - 1.4 (Cancelled)
                                PKJ - 1.3 (Cancelled)
                                Destination Truth - 1.2

Eureka and SGA are going to be the shows that carry this network past 2008!
                                I believe SGA's renewal is based on the latter half of season 3...

Comment

Working...
                                X