Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a very selfish idea, but you are right. So the fall of Flash Gordon is the rising of the Stargate : Atlantis's chances for season 5?

We can't be so sure, what the viewers will watch. They made a wonderful SG-1 season last year, but SciFi cancelled it after 6 episodes. I fear Atlantis will have the same fate at autumn, which is a quite new airing time for SG shows.
    Last edited by Platschu; 11 August 2007, 09:18 AM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      It is a very selfish idea, but you are right. So the fall of Flash Gordon is the rising of the Stargate : Atlantis's chances for season 5?

We can't be so sure, what the viewers will watch. They made a wonderful SG-1 season last year, but SciFi cancelled it after 6 episodes. I fear Atlantis will have the same fate at autumn, which is a quite new airing time for SG shows.

It sounds selfish, but if Flash Gordon is not a great series then I won't feel so bad. The pilot was not impressive, but I am still going to watch a few more eps to see how it goes.

Actually SGA had that time slot when it first started before BSG took the slot, the ratings were through the roof, so lets hope for the best.
      sigpic

Comment

It was awful. No, beyond awful. I don't think I could even sit through another episode.

With this as the lead-in to SGA, I don't have any hopes for season 5.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

It was awful... I guess this is sci-fi channels "Dr who" ; in that they brought back an old show and made it utterly cringe-inducing and border unwatchable.
          Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
          Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

I'll give this show at least a couple more episodes to truly decide how I feel about it. I'm really hoping to see improvement next Friday.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
              It was awful. No, beyond awful. I don't think I could even sit through another episode.

With this as the lead-in to SGA, I don't have any hopes for season 5.
              Actually if Flash Gordon bombs, it will give a better chance for a Season 5.
              sigpic

Comment

I think using the soundtrack from the 80s version would improve the show.

How can something with Queen NOT suck????

sigpic
                www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                  That had to have been the worst pilot episode I've ever seen. At least the 1980 movie version was true to the original comic series. I was hoping that Klytus would make an apperance just to liven things up a bit. I'm waiting to see if Prince Barin will be included in this by the third episode.

If not, I'm gone.

I was also hoping that Klytus would be in the show. He's one of my favorite characters from the 1980 movie. I think that floating guy is the new Klytus unfortunately.

Comment

i will say the pilot started out slow and by the end i wasent really paying attenion, but can anyone think of a show were pilot is the best episode because i cant. most pilots are a little boring because they have to set up the chacters and main plot and story lines.

Comment

Originally posted by what'chu talkin bout carter View Post
                      i will say the pilot started out slow and by the end i wasent really paying attenion, but can anyone think of a show were pilot is the best episode because i cant. most pilots are a little boring because they have to set up the chacters and main plot and story lines.
                      The SGA pilot was done very well.
                      sigpic

Comment

the origanl black and white sucked the 80's version sucked and i just saw the first episode of the new one and guess what.......................................IT SUCKED!!!! I noticed that one of the actors last names is cliche,that made me laugh because flash gordan is full of crappy sci fi cliches
                        Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by what'chu talkin bout carter View Post
                          I think the first episode of Stargate, and Farscape were excellent. In fact just the first ep of both shows won me over right away.

I think it is now safe to see after reading through the response that this show has already bombed. I never visit SciFi.com, but I can assume that responses have been equally as bad. They should take a hint and just re-schedule the remaining episodes for late night viewing instead of some infomercial that nobody watches. Really, there is no excuse to putting out something this bad.

Comment

I've been over there (Sci-Fi) and most of those posting hate it. Also there's a petition to get rid of it now.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                              I've been over there (Sci-Fi) and most of those posting hate it. Also there's a petition to get rid of it now.
                              Wow, that's a little bit harsh IMO. At least give it another episode or two before calling for it's immediate execution.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                The SGA pilot was done very well.
                                Because it was a copy of SG-1's. And it was alright.

Comment

Working...
                                X