X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sci-Fi View Post
    ^I wouldn't call the travelling a "Stargate"...it's more like "Sliders"
    Yeah, the "rift" does remind me more of Sliders than Stargate.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

To compare Flash Gordon to SG-1 is an insult to an amazing show that went a record 10 seasons. I'm sorry, even if it's someone's opinion I think they are totally off.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        To compare Flash Gordon to SG-1 is an insult to an amazing show that went a record 10 seasons. I'm sorry, even if it's someone's opinion I think they are totally off.
        I'm sure they didn't mean to offend SG-1 in any way, shape, or form. They were simply stating that Flash had copied a concept.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

So they cancel BSG, cancel SG-1 and they replace them with this CRAP? If we don't get another season of SGA I'm going to start a a riot outside of Sci Fi HQ.
          We're whalers on the moon,
          We carry a harpoon.
          But there ain't no whales
          So we tell tall tales
          And sing our whaling tune.

Comment

I've watched the first two eps. Was average. Will need to improve if its going to keep my interest.
            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
              I've watched the first two eps. Was average. Will need to improve if its going to keep my interest.
              IMO, it will need to improve a lot. At this point, I don't even know if I'd consider it "average". If this episode tomorrow night isn't really something, I think I will soon be tuning out.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Well Ill be missing tomorrow night's episode since I'm visiting my grandparents and they dont have cable, so tell me if anything has improved. Though I doubt very much it will.
                Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                  Well Ill be missing tomorrow night's episode since I'm visiting my grandparents and they dont have cable, so tell me if anything has improved. Though I doubt very much it will.
                  I'm sure you'll have a much better time at your grandparents anyways. Probably be a whole lot more exciting.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

ive watched the first 2 episodes and i really like it(i even bought the movie and enjoyed it) but i dont understand if these people hating on it hate flash gordon as a whole or just this new tv show.

also can someone who dosent like it give me a good, smart reason they dont like it because "its not like stargate" isnt a good answer,

not every show can start good like stargate or farsape some shows start slow like buffy and smallville even star trek can be a little boring at times

Comment

Well that's it for me folks. I lasted about 30 mins. for the third episode. Bad acting, storyline, and SFX.

Comment

I only caught the last half of the episode (due to a power outage), but what I saw wasn't that bad actually. It was good enough for me to hang around for another episode at least.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

so what happened anyway? since i missed it.
                          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

I started watching yesterday's episode...and fell asleep about ten minutes after it started.

The series does have an opening title sequence now, with a theme. That is so bland...

Geez.

I woke up in time though to catch the repeat of this week's episode on "Meerkat Manor." Now THAT was terrific. Sniff. Poor Mozart!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

In the current issue of SFX Magazine # 161, actress Gina Holden (Dale Arden) is inteviewed:

http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=latest_issue

Friday August 24, 2007
                              Latest issue
                              SFX 161 – October 2007
                              On sale Wednesday 29 August 2007

INDIANA JONES
                              It's been 18 years in the making but Indiana Jones IV is finally underway! This issue we've got a massive ten-page feature detailing all you need to know about the new movie, plus some rare Indy photos!

SARAH JANE ADVENTURES
                              Sarah Jane Smith is back and doing it for the kids with her new series. We talk to Lis Sladen about what's in store...

FREEMA AGYEMAN
                              You gave us the questions, we put them to the lovely Freema and she told all! Everything from her first inspiration to become an actor and what her role in Torchwood will be like, through to her personal film picks and a discussion about on-set farting.

THE MARVEL VAULT
                              Marvel fans rejoice - The Marvel Vault is possibly the most exciting book about the comics giant ever released! We have a look through some of the amazing things you can find inside...

CLIFFHANGER SERIALS
                              Remember Saturday morning TV serials? The ones with the awesome cliffhangers at the end? We do, and we've had a look back at the format that predated the B-movie.

SCI-FI AILMENTS
                              A guide to some of the horrible maladies that have afflicted our heroes of sci-fi. You're gonna need a bit more than a band-aid and a kiss from the pretty nurse to sort some of these out...

BOOK CLUB
                              Could it be The definitive Philip K Dick novel? This month's Book Club is all about Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?.

WISHLIST
                              Battlestar Galactica's fourth and final season is approaching and we wanted to know what you wanted to see. Here's what you told us...

TIME MACHINE
                              It was the story of a detective and the partner who wouldn't even let death get in the way of solving crimes. We look back on ITC's Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased).

COUCH POTATO
                              It's time to play the videos, it's time to dim the lights, it's time to eat some pizza for the Henson Couch tonight! Something like that, anyway. The Couch Crew has a visual wander through the works of the genius Jim Henson.

SPOILER ZONE
                              The new season of Eureka kicks off this issue and we've also got an early look at the Pilot for The Sarah Connor Chronicles! Plus all the usual goodness.

PLUS!
                              We were at this year's San Diego Comic Con! Read our report on all the big news.
                              The latest news on the Watchmen movie!
                              A first look at the Iron Man movie!
                              Everything you need to know about the upcoming new TV series Pushing Daisies.
                              Al Gough tells us all about the arrival of Supergirl in the new season of Smallville.
                              More from behind the scenes on Ashes to Ashes in Matthew Graham's production diary!
                              Douglas Adams's Dirk Gently series is heading for the radio! We've got all the news from the people in the know.
                              Gorgeous Gina Holden tells us what it's like playing Dale Arden in the new Flash Gordon TV series.
                              Peter F Hamilton, master of the hard SF space opera, talks to us about his new book The Dreaming Void.
                              Ed Quinn, the superbrain of Eureka, talks sci-fi, cowboy boots and mysterious MacGuffins.
                              Our verdicts on Sunshine, Battlestar Galactica season three, Babylon 5: The Lost Tales and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
                              All this and loads more…

NEXT ISSUE: SFX162, on sale Wednesday 26 September. Why not subscribe?

http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.u...re.asp?sid=474
                              Attached Files

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Ok got some ratings info for the 2nd episode "Pride" ....

SciFi’s “Flash Gordon” - SciFi looks like it has another loser on its hands. After the cheesy opening episode drew a respectable 2.1 million last week, nearly half the curiosity seekers left in a flash. The show only drew 1.14 million last Friday.

Source

So 1.14 million is about a HH rating of 0.8 to 1.0! That is clearly not great.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X