This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Forget baby Nessie, I wanna see the half-nekkid boytoy again!

Although it WILL be interesting to see how they handle this "fugitive" BS.
    Well in a perfect world you'd have both.

However, if your merged Surface & Invasion they could become the same person. Now that would be interesting. A half-nekked hot boy toy alien-human hybrid named nimrod.... all electricity producing tentacles will, of course, remain hidden beneath an impermeable layer of man skin.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
      A half-nekked hot boy toy alien-human hybrid named nimrod.... all electricity producing tentacles will, of course, remain hidden beneath an impermeable layer of man skin.
      OOOooo.... I like the way you think! A half-nekkid hybrid who could literally make you tingle... That has definite possibilities.

Comment

I think this show is decent, its not great but its watchable.
        My DVD Collection http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=deathshadow

Comment

Spoiler:
          We were lied to, the kid didn't become a fugitive. But Nimrod loves him too. And so what if everyone's digital data got erased? Are we supposed to believe everyone only uses digital cameras these days? And was I the only guy thinking "Ok, you've got enough evidence, leave before he does the electricity thing and destroys your camera?'
          At least Doc didn't forget about her kid TOO much (up until the end).

Teaser says next weeks episode, someone may have to die. I vote for Rich.
          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Teasers for THIS week said the kid was a fugitive, so why believe the teasuers for next week?

My guess is that IF someone dies, it won't be one of the major characters. Either Red (Frodo's friend... would that make him Samwise?), Doc's ex hubby, Doc's boytoy (*sniffle*), Spooky Boy, or possibly Redneck's wife... which would leave room for lots of angst and the official shipping of Redneck and Doc Laura (HA! Remembered her name! Helps that it's an L-word like Lindsey).

Spoiler:
            At least we got a hint of SOMETHING regarding the fate of all those submarine boys.

Whatever. I'll keep watching. Not like there's anything better on anyway.

Comment

Teasers for THIS week said the kid was a fugitive, so why believe the teasuers for next week?

My guess is that IF someone dies, it won't be one of the major characters. Either Red (Frodo's friend... would that make him Samwise?), Doc's ex hubby, Doc's boytoy (*sniffle*), Spooky Boy, or possibly Redneck's wife... which would leave room for lots of angst and the official shipping of Redneck and Doc Laura (HA! Remembered her name! Helps that it's an L-word like Lindsey).

Spoiler:
              At least we got a hint of SOMETHING regarding the fate of all those submarine boys.

Whatever. I'll keep watching. Not like there's anything better on anyway.
              I think your boytoy's safe, if only because it seems this week they've dropped him like a bad habit. I expect the wife will be leaving Rich soon. She's not willing to try and understand what's up with him, and he's too absorbed in this junk to realize he's hurting his family. Once she divorces, I expect the shipping to fly. That's one of the few cliches they haven't hit yet.
              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

*sniffle* Poor Boytoy. I hope we'll see him again. Maybe he can be Conflict Boy in terms of the shippyness between Doc and Redneck. Of course, if so, he's doomed to fail and probably become monster food in the process. It'd be nice to have a few more secondary characters around, though. Particularly ones who aren't self-absorbed and existing solely as a means to propel the characters toward each other with their cliched refusal to understand/accept what's happening.

Jackson may be extremely wary of the Doc's latest obsession, but he'd follow her around like a puppy if she asked.

Comment

I think the old doc with the nice accent will be the one to meet his maker... or at least the business end of a sea monster. That way they'll try to get Laura (I remembered a name ) to take his place at which point the Redneck will think she sold out and her loyalties will be torn.... well that's the predictable route anyway. With any luck they'll surprise me.

The show's definitely getting better as time goes on. I loved the whole Nimrod meets civilization situation. I never thought the redhead would be the voice of reason. It really turns out Miles (ooh another one) is the nutjob of the two.

Much much better episode this time around.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Good thing the Navy started labelling those guys. Makes it easier to find them.

So wait, Miles isn't even doing well in school? How can be possibly be a Geek if he's not smart?! Well...okay, we knew from the beginning he wasn't that smart, but still.

I really, REALLY hope some people start getting eaten soon...
                    Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                    I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                    What have these years left to me?
                    Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

To be fair, the previews last week said in the coming weeks Miles becomes a fugative, not that it would happen last night. Anyone notice that the announcer at the beginning of the show that recaps what happened is trying to sounds all mysterious? or is that just me that it annoys?

I'm starting to get annoyed with the whole conspiracy angle they are taking. In the 24 hour news cycle that we live in, no way the government could cover up something as big as these creatures and the changes they are making, most reporters aren't take dumb that they couldn't piece together something was going on. Like last night, are we to expect that no one around that river had an old-timey camera with film? Or that people would believe an underwater power cable being broken by a whale would generate an EMP?

Comment

*sniffle* Poor Boytoy. I hope we'll see him again. Maybe he can be Conflict Boy in terms of the shippyness between Doc and Redneck. Of course, if so, he's doomed to fail and probably become monster food in the process. It'd be nice to have a few more secondary characters around, though. Particularly ones who aren't self-absorbed and existing solely as a means to propel the characters toward each other with their cliched refusal to understand/accept what's happening.

Jackson may be extremely wary of the Doc's latest obsession, but he'd follow her around like a puppy if she asked.
                        We can see the "boytoy" once he eats some cheeseburgers!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
                          To be fair, the previews last week said in the coming weeks Miles becomes a fugative, not that it would happen last night. Anyone notice that the announcer at the beginning of the show that recaps what happened is trying to sounds all mysterious? or is that just me that it annoys?

I'm starting to get annoyed with the whole conspiracy angle they are taking. In the 24 hour news cycle that we live in, no way the government could cover up something as big as these creatures and the changes they are making, most reporters aren't take dumb that they couldn't piece together something was going on. Like last night, are we to expect that no one around that river had an old-timey camera with film? Or that people would believe an underwater power cable being broken by a whale would generate an EMP?
                          This is all true...but some people will believe anything!
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh...I found out yesterday, while doing an internet serach on the show, that Surface has been picked up for the entire season since its ratings have steadily beeng going up since its premiere.
                            sigpic

Comment

Previews say tonight someone will die. So what's the concensus? Who will die ("no one" is still a valid answer), and who will they try to convince us it will be before the actual death (if it happens)?
                              Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                                I think the old doc with the nice accent will be the one to meet his maker... or at least the business end of a sea monster. That way they'll try to get Laura (I remembered a name ) to take his place at which point the Redneck will think she sold out and her loyalties will be torn.... well that's the predictable route anyway. With any luck they'll surprise me.

The show's definitely getting better as time goes on. I loved the whole Nimrod meets civilization situation. I never thought the redhead would be the voice of reason. It really turns out Miles (ooh another one) is the nutjob of the two.

Much much better episode this time around.
                                Do you have ESP or something? The old fart was just run over! EEK!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X