Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno if it was mentioned or not. But while I love Boytoy, I hate tennis, so I'm not gonna try and hunt down the movie just to ogle him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Dunno if it was mentioned or not. But while I love Boytoy, I hate tennis, so I'm not gonna try and hunt down the movie just to ogle him.
      Yes, it would be a waste of time, especially since you can ogle him in a couple of days.
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
        Aww, now i dont feel like a needle in a haystack.
        Well, I don't think its bad either. There are some areas that could use tweaking, but hey...no show is perfect!
        sigpic

Comment

Surface approaches us again. Will Miles continue to shun humanity in preference to Nim?

Will Nim continue his killing spree of all that is just plain annoying?

Will Laura and Rich finally give in to the passion that hunting sea monsters inspires?

Will Rich finally figure out why his wife is ticked about his situation?

Will Rich's wife even be in this episode?

And what about Laura's kid?

Will Laura's boy-toy survive the episode for future Shadow-ogling?

Will the government continue to be evil because they "just can"?

Will any of the characters grow a third dimension?

Will the writers actually make an effort this time?

Will I be able to watch this whole episode without wanting to sleep, gag, and/or flip the channel?

Tune in and find out...

...and bring caffeine and a gameboy.
          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

If the Doc doesn't want her Boytoy, I would be MORE than happy to take him in. She can have his place, and he can share my bed. I mean, my place. Yeah, that's what I meant. Roommates...

Comment

My bad. Three episodes of Medium instead tonight. Guess we wait another week to find out.
              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

AAAUUUUGGGHHHHH!!!! NNNNOOOOOO!!!!! I WANT MY BOYTOY, DAMMIT!!!

Stupid Medium! *glares* Stupid Halloween! *glares* Sea monsters are just as scary as ghosts, dammit!

Comment

Yeah, I guess the show can't be too terrible if I actually noted it's absence and sort of missed it. I love Medium but not enough for a marathon of previously watched episodes to be of interest.

It's really funny about the characters. Many times writers are guilty of Mary Sue perfect characters but this time around they are all flawed, or as I like to say, damaged...mostly in the brain. They need a hot guy with sense to step in slap the others around a bit until they come to theirs.... or maybe Nim can do it. It will probably be much more fun if the cute little sea monster does the deed. The little monster brings out the worst in me... inspires my dark side.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

The problem with Surface is that the characters are one-dimensional and so massivel self-absorbed it's a wonder they don't all spontaneously collapse into black holes.

And you can't have an intelligent character come along now because it'd make all the others look bad.

I still have hopes for Boytoy, but I think he's too pathetically in love with Doc to be of much use as a strong character. *sigh* If only I could save him from himself and get him away from the Doc, maybe I could add some dimension to his life.

It's funny, though, I don't think I've ever seen a show that so completely ignored its characters. I mean, yes, the show is about the characters, but they're basically just mobile props. If there was enough action and drama to make up for it, that'd be one thing. But the action and drama is as silly and predictible as everything else, so it makes the lacking of the characters all the more noticeable.

Whatever. It's just a TV show. It doesn't have to be Shakespeare, right? The plot is still fun- albeit in an increasingly "dear god, what are they THINKING?!" kind of way, and there's still the Boytoy, until he gets eaten by a monster/killed by the evil govies/abducted by aliens. lol

Gotta say, though, I'd rather see the Doc hook up with him. That redneck fool is nothing but trouble. Which is probably half the appeal. *sigh*

Comment

There was no surface last night! This was very upsetting.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                        There was no surface last night! This was very upsetting.
                        Haha, i thought it was! But oh well, haha.
                        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Haha, i thought it was! But oh well, haha.
                          And last night Sci-Fi channel had a Surface marathon of sorts...but I was all caught up in watching the Bionic Woman series on DVD. Gotta love those sound FX!

HEY! That's it! Boytoy needs a cool sound effect! Maybe he can be the bionic boytoy! Who knows what NEW bionic parts they've come up with since the 1970s!
                          sigpic

Comment

I preferred the 6 Million Dollar Man more than Bionic Woman.
                            All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                            Pay it forward

Comment

So are you part of the bunch that actually think its not that bad of a show (im one of them )?
                              I didnt think it was that bad. But I am a sucker for cute animals. Nim really steals the show.

I thought Redneck should have figured the people in the car saw him too. If not WHY NOT SHUT THE DOOR? Seriously. I thought, shut the door and stick a stick in it or somthing so it wouldn't open at all.

Then why did the storage guys not call the cops. And why the heck would Redneck and Doc go back to HER house. They know the govs killing off the scientist that know about the monster and they know that gov knows that she is a "scientist that knows about the monster". I mean, when they were first going in her house i thought it was a broken down old cabin where they were going to hide not her house.

Lastly, I think the people they dropped the kid off with was his Dad and his dads girlfriend\new wife.

Oh yeah, did anyone notice when they ran to the docs to film the monster, and were apparently there for hours, that they just left the kid in the truck. Seriously I think the dad should sue for full custody.

EDIT: I dont hate the show though, and may even try to watch it on Mondays now... I just watched the marathon on sci fi.... as long as scifi doesnt actually make it, I figured it couldnt be too bad.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                                Oh yeah, did anyone notice when they ran to the docs to film the monster, and were apparently there for hours, that they just left the kid in the truck. Seriously I think the dad should sue for full custody.
                                The kid has a magical ability to simply cease existing when he's not needed for a plot device.
                                Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Working...
                                X