Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That dog that was eaten (i think...) by Nimrod didn't directly deserve its treatment, but yah that girl did. Gosh, teenagers are so cruel these days...

In one of the episodes, while Frodo (err Miles) is researching what other creatures emit electricity, his dad walks in making a really uncomfortable question, "are you one-handing it..." or something like that. Even though i was not there or have been in that situation, i think i would have felt so awkward, it wouldn't even be funny. But the facial expressions that Miles had during that scene were just funny.

Hmm, in the previews with Miles becomming some sort of semi fugitive is quite funny, but oh well, i'll still be watching.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
      I'm not too sure about the brother/sister relationship since I'm an only child I don't have any frame of reference but it looked like the kid went snooping in his sisters room and found some nudie pics that she had taken for her boyfriend and he holding those over her, I don't think he is stalking her or something. I do like how they are at each others throats, blackmailing one another, the sister having her friends mess with him, that seems more like a real world brother/sister relationship.
      Possibly, but still... hoarding nekkid pics of your sister?? It's still creepy.

I find the blackmailing and backstabbing to be tedious. Maybe it's because I never had a brother, but I always got along fairly well with my older sisters and while they tend to bicker, I don't think they were ever at the vicious level that Frodo and NotShannon are at. (yes, I know the names were posted, but I'm stubborn) The nastiness is just too... predictible. And uninteresting.

Of course, maybe I just don't understand kids these days. LOL! Maybe they're all a bunch of self-centered, unsympathetic trolls... which is pretty much how I read NotShannon and Frodo, well, he may have found a nifty new pet, but his stupidity is jaw-dropping in its scope.

Whatever happened to, "Hey mom, look what followed me home! Can I keep it??"

That whole plotline just... rubs me the wrong way. Although at least it's better than Close Encounters by way of Touched by a Redneck. Gah.

Actually, ALL the characters are incredibly narccistic, aren't they?

Redneck is obsessed with his dead brother to the exclusion of everything else in his life- including his family and his job.

Mrs. Redneck claims she's sympathetic, but makes absolutely no visible efforts to try and understand her hubby's problems or listen to him or even humor him. She's made up her mind about him and nothing he says will convince her otherwise.

Frodo is obsessed with Nimrod to the point where he'll take all kinds of unnecessary risks to make sure Nimmy stays HIS and he's abandoned what few brain cells he has as well as his common sense.

NotShannon is obsessed with herself and making sure that the world is handed to her on a golden plate. She'll do anything and everything to make sure she gets what she wants (which she feels she deserves) and doesn't care who she hurts along the way, especially if it's her brother.

Doc is a flaming train wreck of obsession with "her" find who refuses to back down even when refusal costs her her degree, her job, alienates her from her friends, seaparates her from her son...

Even Spooky is obsessed with trying to keep this "discovery" a secret in spite of it's globally disatrous potential and ignoring the ever-increasing and harder to cover up evidence that keeps popping up everywhere.

I know there has to be some degree of ego in characters in order to make them functional, but the folks on Surface seem a tad bit overloaded.

On another note, what the hell was the point of that empty sub in the opening minutes of the pilot? I know that the fried circuits are supposed to foreshadow the zappy powers of the sea monsters, but what about the crew?? Are we just supposed to assume they all abandoned ship and got swallowed or what?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Of course, maybe I just don't understand kids these days. LOL! Maybe they're all a bunch of self-centered, unsympathetic trolls...
        Well I and everyone i've met at or below my age (with the exception of those who can't talk/move) sure seem that way. (not kidding) ANYWAY I want Nimmy to go on a rampage! Take a hand! Take a head! Shock SOMEONE! The dog sceane was totally the best so far IMHO! Oh and by the way if something COULD evolve a perfect defence like the creatures, wouldn't almost everything have? It's not like it has any drawbacks. (BTW the reason I got so Irate about the spoilers before was I thought he meant Nim was dead as someone had already refered to him as a puppy/larva/whatever)

Comment

Oh my! Seems someone needs to find their happy place.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            Of course, maybe I just don't understand kids these days. LOL! Maybe they're all a bunch of self-centered, unsympathetic trolls...
            Yup...that sums it up. At least it does for the kids who are from more affluent backgrounds.

However, I remember my cousins being that way with each other. I mean like Savannah and Miles.
            sigpic

Comment

I watch all three pilots, Surface, Threshold & Invasion. Somehow, I choose to stick with Invasion (less hectic, less snobbish, more mistery). If Surface/Threshold get interesting later on, I'll catch the re-runs, meantimes I just read all your post. Thankies.
              sigpic
              sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE
                I watch all three pilots, Surface, Threshold & Invasion. Somehow, I choose to stick with Invasion (less hectic, less snobbish, more mistery). If Surface/Threshold get interesting later on, I'll catch the re-runs, meantimes I just read all your post. Thankies.
                Only reason I know about Invasion and Threshold are because of this forum. I'd never heard of Invasion until yesterday when my Dad said that he watches it!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                  That dog that was eaten (i think...) by Nimrod didn't directly deserve its treatment, but yah that girl did. Gosh, teenagers are so cruel these days...
                  I love all things cute and cuddly, but I cheered when Nimrod grabbed that hideous girl's dog. What a horrible thing to do to Miles!

I'm thinking that teenagers have ALWAYS been cruel (and girls are the worst). When I was in junior high school *mumblety-mumble* years ago, I had a similar hoax played on me. And that was just one of the cruel jokes, tricks, and abuses that were heaped on me in 6th, 7th, & 8th grades.

Oops, sorry--not looking for pity. Just trying to avoid the wrath of the ASPCA, by giving reason for my glee!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

I just saw a commercial for Surface claiming critics say it's like Speilberg. I want to know what secret critics-only edition of Surface they're watching...
                    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                      I just saw a commercial for Surface claiming critics say it's like Speilberg. I want to know what secret critics-only edition of Surface they're watching...
                      Spielberg did Close Encounters and Redneck's storyline is VERY Roy Neary. Up to and including the wife who doesn't (and refuses to) understand him and takes their little kids away from him.

If you're gonna steal, stel from the best, right? Roy Neary from Close Encounters, Lindsey Brigman from Abyss... dunno what movie Frodo was ripped from, but there are plenty of "boy raises and befriends monster" storylines out there. The Uberdoc and Spooky Boy are likewise archetypal.

Comment

dunno what movie Frodo was ripped from
                        ET and his 'owner' Elliot :b

Comment

Originally posted by Excali5033
                          ET and his 'owner' Elliot :b
                          *smacks head* Yes, of course.

Found out the name of the actor who plays the boytoy. Austin Nichols. I'll be curious to see what happens next week. The blurbs for it make it sound as though she's ditching the boytoy for the redneck, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's just a matter of us not being the only ones who have trouble with names. Or maybe they'll swing by and pick up Redneck and create some laughable tension between da boys. hehe

Comment

Very good coorelations guys! I didn't see it, but now that you point it out I do!
                            sigpic

Comment

Don't forget to watch Surface tonight guys!

GO NIMROD!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Forget baby Nessie, I wanna see the half-nekkid boytoy again!

Although it WILL be interesting to see how they handle this "fugitive" BS.

Comment

Working...
                                X