Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL...I just love the show in general. Its been a long time since there were 5 nights a week that there was at least one show on that I like.

I just wish that the three main characters would connect. I know that Miles almost connected with the guy who lost is brother, but then his Dad came in and asked him if he was "one handing it." I couldn't believe that.

And I think Nimrod is cute! I want one!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
      And I think Nimrod is cute! I want one!

Therein lies the the rub. He's a FRIGGING ELECTRIC SEA DRAGON! He's NOT SUPPOSED TO BE CUTE!

:ant pant pant::

Sorry.

You think he's cute now, but when he gets older, and starts eating boatloads of skanky Australians, you'll wish you disciplined him more as a puppy...larva...whatever...
      Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
      I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
      What have these years left to me?
      Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy

Therein lies the the rub. He's a FRIGGING ELECTRIC SEA DRAGON! He's NOT SUPPOSED TO BE CUTE!

Sorry.

You think he's cute now, but when he gets older, and starts eating boatloads of skanky Australians, you'll wish you disciplined him more as a puppy...larva...whatever...

LOL...naw...I'll just send him after the great whites. And yes...he's cute now...but I don't think the adult versions are cute.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy

Sorry.

Ha! Ever buy that cute little puppy or kitten and then it grows in to an adult that takes over the house, eats shoes, shreds furniture? Same principle :

It's cute. I love it. I do enjoy the show, even though it'll probably get doomed (shows I dislike last forever). Neat locales too.

Comment

Ya know, Surface is getting dumber and I swear to god I expect Redneck boy to start sculpting his mashed potatoes and the whole thing is getting incredibly kitschy... but I just noticed the dude that the marine lady duped into looking for "whales" and he's kinda yummy. Despite the bad hair.

Spends a lot of time with his shirt off, too.

Being the shallow person I am, I think I can tough out this show a while longer. lol

Of course, I'm also at the point where a lot of the yummy guys are younger than I am, and that's a bit depressing. *sigh*

Comment

Ahem, I want the small cute creature to be amazingly dangerous now! "I love you Miles, and sometimes love hurts." *Cue amazingly large mouth with razor sharp venomous teeth* like in that one ep of futurama, "I hope you'll always think of me as your mother." *in cutesy voice* "When my race grows up we eat our mothers!"

Comment

Spoilers for 10/03 and 10/10 Episode

Spoiler:
                Redneck guy is annoying me, and this "my brother is speaking to me through the water" is getting really annoying. I was feeled with happiness when he came back from the coast convinced he was just hallucinating. I figured it'd be pretty realistic that a traumatic even like that would affect him somehow. But now he was seeing and painting the huge whirlpool? What now? Does the miracle fluid give one telepathy as well? Will it also solve world hunger and prove Fermat's Theorem?

Opening beach scene, half of the beach is staring at mounds of dead squid. The other half of the beach (the part we see up until the big squid reveal) is completely oblivious to the other half's sudden amazement.

Well, we can tell who's hit puberty. The hormone rush shutdown Red's (I should really learn these people's names) ability to think and now some poor innocent puppy had to die.

The doctor seems to be the only person in this entire series that doesn't bug me. However, when Electro-Nessie shocked the boat, I wasn't too impressed with the falling down she did. But it looks like the government's gonna have to try a little harder to keep her down.

One question though... What does a 200 foot Electro-Nessie eat when it's living in it's natural habitat of MAGMA?

Ultimately, if the show continues on this slow increasingly absurd path, I'll have to start watching something else. So far I think I'm actually more entertained with Threshold. At least it's absurdities fit together. And it's got a nice bit of action.
                Last edited by uknesvuinng; 10 October 2005, 10:58 PM.
                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

um, could you please use spoiler tags? some of us were watching sg1 monday. thanks

Comment

I was pleased to see lake bell in her bikini today.
                    When she was in the water in front of the gigantic lizard/monster thing, I couldn't help but feel scared. It was staring her down.

I wonder where the show will go once these creatures are delt with, it's not like Lost that left so much unknown for the first season, and now is allowing fans to find out whats really happening, like with the hatch.
                    Wait, should I have used spoiler tags, the hatch may be unkown to Lost fast that are not past the 10th episode.
                    Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                    Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Originally posted by TheObiJuan
                      I was pleased to see lake bell in her bikini today.
                      When she was in the water in front of the gigantic lizard/monster thing, I couldn't help but feel scared. It was staring her down.

I wonder where the show will go once these creatures are delt with, it's not like Lost that left so much unknown for the first season, and now is allowing fans to find out whats really happening, like with the hatch.
                      Wait, should I have used spoiler tags, the hatch may be unkown to Lost fast that are not past the 10th episode.
                      I actually haven't watched "Lost" (amazing, isn't it?). However a friend told me they opened a hatch this season, but they couldn't really explain what was such a big deal about it. I suppose I should aquire the DVDs someday.

On the topic of spoiling, I'm sorry about that. The ironic thing is, I got neg repped the other day for not using spoiler space, and subsequently yelled at, but I never actually spoiled anything. The guy who posted immediately afterwards spoiled huge, and no one said anything to him. I suppose I caught stuff aimed at him. I'll now go edit in the space. Many apologies.
                      Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

It doesn't make sense to read this thread today when you have not seen the episode. He should have watched the show first, then read here for commentary and analysis.
                        But that's just my logic.
                        Others might want to read this thread before watching the latest show that aired today, since they were busy watching something else, then complaining when spoilers weren't used....

I suppose it would be easier if the mods enacted a policy of spoilers for this thread, so anyone that has not yet seen this show and is waiting for the marathon, doesn't get spoilded with finding out that miles has a pet monster, or the redneck loses his brother. The mods could also change the title so it states, 'Spoilers', in which case, it would be prudent for readers to be cautious.
                        Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                        Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                          Spoilers for 10/03 and 10/10 Episode

Spoiler:

Well, we can tell who's hit puberty. The hormone rush shutdown Red's (I should really learn these people's names) ability to think and now some poor innocent puppy had to die.

I liked that part, actually. It's a rare show that has the guts to do something like that...and it shows that Nimrod's not just some cute little pet. FINALLY.
                          Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                          I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                          What have these years left to me?
                          Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

I can't say Surface is the best show around but its 1000x better than Fear Factor. I still prefer Arrested Development and Kitchen Confidential over Surface. I think a lot of new shows this year are trying to be like Lost, spreading the plot out over the entire season, giving little bits of information at a time. But where Lost works because the characters are interesting, Surface doesn't quite cut it.

I like the doctor, she's a fairly interesting character but the redneck and the kid, I just don't quite care about. The redneck has too much of a close encounter of the 3rd kind feel too it, just as Shadowmaat pointed out. The 14yr old kid keeping some gaint carnivous lizard in a pool doesn't seem quite that smart, its been a long time since I was 14 and I'm pretty sure that I wasn't that stupid but on the other hand, I probably would have used it to impress some girls.

Comment

I think last night's show was pretty good! I'm glad that Nimrod is finally showing his true colors! ;-) He is still adorable though. Last night was also the first time that we got a really clear (even in murky water) look at the creatures. I dunno about you guys...but if that creature was in the water...I wouldn't be.

The only character that I really don't care for is the redneck guy. He just seems so...I dunno...hickified.

The previews for next week look excellent! I'm hoping that the action starts to speed up a little now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                                I think last night's show was pretty good! I'm glad that Nimrod is finally showing his true colors! ;-) He is still adorable though. Last night was also the first time that we got a really clear (even in murky water) look at the creatures. I dunno about you guys...but if that creature was in the water...I wouldn't be.
                                That's exactly what I thought. If I see a dead whale floating because something bigger and badder took it out... I'm not going in there. She's either very brave or very stupid.

Nimrod (that really is a good name) is turning into quite the little carnivore. I wonder if he becomes something bigger or is he just small but deadly?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Working...
                                X