• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren

And! It had ...
    Spoiler:
    Giant, Boat-Swallowing Monster Action!

Yes. At the very end of the episode. Blink and you'll miss it.

Bleagh.

Episode three wasn't much better. I keep hoping "Nimrod" bites that kid's finger off...
    Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
    I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
    What have these years left to me?
    Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy
      Episode three wasn't much better. I keep hoping "Nimrod" bites that kid's finger off...
      I actually thought this third episode was an improvement over the first two. It's nice to know I'm not alone in my vicious thoughts. I kept wondering when Nimrod was going to take a bite or at the very least give him the electric shock of his life.

I just can't see where they're taking this show and how long they can go on like this. I'm not yet able to see how this is going to devlop into long-running series. The characters just aren't very endearing. After three episodes I should have remembered the name of at least one character.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

It's starting to get a little weird, now. Not sure I like all the changes. Ep 3
        Spoiler:
        The guy hearing the voice of his brother?? That's a bit much. Medium and Ghost Whisperer already have those bases well covered. And I'd like to know WHY they won't let the marine biologist lady in on the project. She wrote her doctoral thesis on hot vent creatures, isn't that a potential bonus??

Dunno. I'll keep watching it for a while. I think it'll go belly-up soon, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          And I'd like to know WHY they won't let the marine biologist lady in on the project. She wrote her doctoral thesis on hot vent creatures, isn't that a potential bonus??
          Cuz da gubmint is evil?

That's my big peeve about this show and "Invasion." The evil government conspiracy machine just snaps into place IMMEDIATELY. Frankly it seems an all too convenient plot device. And they worked all too efficiently if you ak me.

- Lord Byron

The Pit

Comment

Yeah, the whole far-reaching government conspiracy schtick that's become so popular is also a little ludicrous. Especially when you look at things like the Katrina disaster. It took the government HOW long to find its own arse and get it in gear?? And yet we're supposed to believe they can instantaneously snap into action with perfect cover stories and troops and equipment and la-di-da all at the drop of a potentially alien hat?? Pfft. I don't think so.

Even the "the government has known about this for years" thing doesn't work too well. The government has known about a LOT of things for a LOT of years and that still doesn't make them competent when something unexpected happens.

As for the Red Tide thing... I feel gypped. We had a Red Tide scare around here not too long ago and I didn't see any gruff studly military types trying to keep ME off the beach! *pout* Dammit. Not fair. We didn't even have any or boat patrols or swooping helicopters. ...Well, not because of the Red Tide, anyway. Nothing quite like waking up at three in the morning to a helicopter making a low pass over your house and finding men with flashlights walking through your yard.

But that's another story.

Surface. I still like it, but it's getting too hokey.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
              I just can't see where they're taking this show and how long they can go on like this. I'm not yet able to see how this is going to devlop into long-running series. The characters just aren't very endearing. After three episodes I should have remembered the name of at least one character.
              This is one of my problems with the show as well. I was so bored tonight and really felt the story was dragging, what little story is actually there that is. I don't see how they keep this up for more than a few episodes and I certainly don't see how it can be a multi-year series. This is one that should have been reserved for the B-movie/mini series pile.

Comment

I was liking the show but today's episode places the creatures in the earth's core living in the magma. I would have found them being aliens more believable.
                Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Originally posted by TheObiJuan
                  I was liking the show but today's episode places the creatures in the earth's core living in the magma. I would have found them being aliens more believable.
                  I was expecting the classic "thawed from a glacier frozen millions of years ago".

So someone tell me again why the government is making such a big deal about discovering a new species? Those kids have it as a pet (I wish it'd run away already) and it doesn't seem to be much of a problem.
                  Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

because without a goverment conspiracy most sci-fi shows wont last.
                    Look at the NID.

they fear it because they don't understand it. The creatures are huge and they want to conceal it's existence until they can put a PR spin on it. The military will already benifit from the enzyme that keeps them from getting damaged.
                    Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                    Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                      I was expecting the classic "thawed from a glacier frozen millions of years ago".

So someone tell me again why the government is making such a big deal about discovering a new species? Those kids have it as a pet (I wish it'd run away already) and it doesn't seem to be much of a problem.
                      Well, I think it started out as "we don't know what it is so we can't let anyone else know it exists until we find out what it is." Now, I think it's changing to "the blood and/or fluids can and will cure all injuries, diseases, etc., etc., etc., so we have to retain control and not let anyone find out. Can you imagine what the pharmaceutical companies would do if they found out?! We'd lose all of our kickbacks from the lobbyists!!"

As for the boy--his story is the only one I care about. The single mom is just plain annoying. The half-crazed redneck is okay, but his wife is a bit unfeeling ("why don't we take the kids to the gulf--you know, where your brother just died, so you can well and truly relive the experience ...") Ooookkkaaaayyyy ....

We'll see how long it lasts. But, at least it isn't as bad as Invasion! God, I couldn't even make it through the premier episode!
                      Teal'c--what's with the hair?

Comment

The boy - in lieu of bothering to find out his real name I'm just calling him "Kenny" for obvious reasons - just bugs me. He just seems totally clueless as to the magnitude of what he's raising in the shed, and his older sister gets on my nerves (maybe he should train Nimrod to eat her). And quit calling him "Frodo," woman! I was a Tolkien Geek, and Kenny there is not one of us. He's barely even a Geek...

- Lord Byron

The Pit

Comment

The boy - in lieu of bothering to find out his real name I'm just calling him "Kenny" for obvious reasons - just bugs me. He just seems totally clueless as to the magnitude of what he's raising in the shed, and his older sister gets on my nerves (maybe he should train Nimrod to eat her). And quit calling him "Frodo," woman! I was a Tolkien Geek, and Kenny there is not one of us. He's barely even a Geek...
                          I see your point, but "Kenny" doesn't know whats going on with the other people. Why would he? He's a young teenager, he won't necessarily be reading the newspapers or watching the news. He has just now started searching the internet for other people who may have encountered such a strange creature--enter half-crazed redneck. We'll see where that goes.

I totally agree with you about the sister, though, and with her calling him "Frodo." Chyeah, like THAT'S an insult!!

Comment

Haha, it took me a while, but his name is Miles! Or at least thats what his sister said... Next mission, find the sister's name.

I think the 'intro' scenes are pretty disturbing, but interesting a the sametime. The whole whirlpool in the lake was quite scary to even visualize myself in the situation.

Not as entertaining as the other sci-fi shows that premiered this year, but i think im growing onto this scrap of a show.
                            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                              Haha, it took me a while, but his name is Miles! Or at least thats what his sister said... Next mission, find the sister's name.
                              His sister's name is Savannah. I don't know why I know that, but there you go.

He'll always be Kenny to me. I'm sure in a later scene we'll have him confronting the military. "Stop! Nimrod is friend to children!"

- Lord Byron

The Pit

Comment

His sister's name is Savannah. I don't know why I know that, but there you go.

He'll always be Kenny to me. I'm sure in a later scene we'll have him confronting the military. "Stop! Nimrod is friend to children!"

ROFL! He is pretty darn cute, isn't he?!

Comment

Working...
                                X