Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (Film)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the books, Can't wait for the movie
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I'm waiting this movie really much. I loved BBC series as a child, only series that I remember from childhood that I simply had to watch everytime.
      And of course I've read books twice too.

Comment

I saw the trailer at the cinema tonight before watching Pride and Prejudice and I'm jumping with excitement now... Let me tell you... it looks fantastic. I was telling myself that even if P&P sucked big time... it would be worth the $8.50 just having seen the trailer for TLTWTW... Needless to say I was blown away by the trailer...
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

One of my favourite trailers for the year. The music and editing for that was great.

More clips, got some nice snippets from the movie. The first one has bits of Lucy meeting Mr Tumnus, the children being chased by the Witch's wolf and the children meeting the Beavers. Lucy is too cute.

Clip One

Haven't had a chance to look at the second clip yet, but it features Richard Taylor showing off some of the things from the movies and I think clips from the battle.

Clip Two
          Last edited by Blue Banrigh; 25 November 2005, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Speaking of really good music, anybody know if that music from the trailer is the actual movie music? If it's not, anybody know what it's from?
            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

'Here comes the King' by X-ray dog. But as far as I know it, it's not available to download cause the company leases it out.

Comment

A positive review for the movie. Beware of spoilers, nothing major though.

A Roaring Magical Hit by Christopher Tookey, Daily Mail.

Really, really looking forward to it now. 31 days for the Aussies, 14 some lucky countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                  A positive review for the movie. Beware of spoilers, nothing major though.

A Roaring Magical Hit by Christopher Tookey, Daily Mail.

Really, really looking forward to it now. 31 days for the Aussies, 14 some lucky countries.
                  Nice... that was quite a glowing review...
                  I don't think I could ever be spoilt for TLTWTW... I've read the books several times over...

Can't wait!
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Same. I recently bought TLTWATW and the Horse and His Boy. Must get the Magician's Nephew since that's the only one I haven't read.

It's good to hear the running time will be over two hours, I can stand a little more time in Narnia.

Comment

The only way I suppose I could be spoilt is if the show gets hyped unnecessarily and then one goes in with high expectations only to be disappointed.
                      But then the trailer did look quite spectacular...
                      sigpic

Comment

Even with my high expectations, I still think the movie won't disappoint. Well I think there might be a 98% chance that it won't disappoint.

The children can act, we know there's a plot since it's been mentioned that the movie closely follows the book and the cgi looks fantastic. As long as they don't use dodgy star wars or mtv type editing and the music is good what could go wrong?

Comment

I try not to expect much from book series adaptations. That way if it does suck then I at least know I wouldn't be let down. Hope for the best, expect the worst.
                          All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                          Pay it forward

Comment

'Here comes the King' by X-ray dog. But as far as I know it, it's not available to download cause the company leases it out.
                            Thanks Blue, remind me to give you some green once this stuff gets fixed!

And I watched Birthright a few days ago and I noticed the girl in that episode is playing Susan! She did a pretty good job so I'm hopeful for the kids being good actors in the movie.
                            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

There's a new trailer out, nine minutes of it in fact. That's the good bit, the bad bit is that the video quality is a bit dodgy. Hopefully they'll have a quicktime version up.

Nine Minute Trailer

Hehe, I think they used some LOTR music as well as the Atredies Theme from Children of Dune.

Comment

There's a new trailer out, nine minutes of it in fact. That's the good bit, the bad bit is that the video quality is a bit dodgy. Hopefully they'll have a quicktime version up.
                                Quicktime version is available here. Not the smallest download in the world, but certainly well worth it.
                                There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Working...
                                X