Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (Film)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that the first movie deserved it's own thread, despite that it was released a few years ago. That and I wanted to post some very cute pics during the whirlwind press tour.

This is at the Barnes and Noble in NYC during the book signing of the Official Companion Book.

I got these pics from the William Moseley Tribute site.

Comment

It's a disgrace.

Comment

^the movie or the pics?

Comment

I didn't mind the movie, although I think I preferred Stardust.

No, I definitely preferred Stardust. Narnia was okay. Some nice imagination in there, good effects, good acting from certain folk but it had issues.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I thought the movie was excellent. I grew up reading the books and now The Gruesome Twosome are reading them.

The only thing about the film that really really makes me grind my teeth is the White Witches hair.
            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Great movie, I especially liked how much they stuck to the books storyline, for the most part, and how cool the battle scene was. Cant wait for Prince Caspian to come out on DVD.

Comment

While I really enjoyed TLWW, I loved Prince Caspian better. I'm really looking forward to Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

I loved The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe. And, despite it being less true to the book, I loved Prince Caspian. I hope they do all seven books.
                  Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

apparently they're planning to do 6. Which probably means the Horse and His Boy (which would be a fantastic film) won't get done.

My favourite story and character-wise is The Silver Chair - I'm bursting to see how they handle Puddleglum.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
                      apparently they're planning to do 6. Which probably means the Horse and His Boy (which would be a fantastic film) won't get done.
                      Actually, I believe they want to do all seven, but they will only continue as long as the films are financially successful. Voyage of the Dawn Treader has been given the go-ahead, but because Prince Caspian hasn't performed as well as was hoped, they may end the series there. Which would suck.

Comment

Phoey!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                          Actually, I believe they want to do all seven, but they will only continue as long as the films are financially successful. Voyage of the Dawn Treader has been given the go-ahead, but because Prince Caspian hasn't performed as well as was hoped, they may end the series there. Which would suck.
                          But Prince was soooo much better! My in-laws have seen it twice in the theatres. They are big fans of the books.
                          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                            But Prince was soooo much better!
                            Agreed. I felt so strongly about it, I wrote a big long post about it in my blog which I hadn't touched in like a year... But in short, it's just so much better realized then the first movie, IMO. The first one, while I did love it, did have a bit of a "plastic" feel to it. Prince Caspian, however, feels like a good solid "true" adventure movie throughout.

Comment

I also thought Prince Caspian was better... more gritty and a had a more realistic feel. Pity it was rated M... and not released during school holidays in my neck of the woods.
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Anybody up for a game? http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=60203

Comment

Working...
                                X